Mobile Home University

Mobile Home University

Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 34 votes
I’m curious to hear from individuals who have completed the Mobile Home University boot camp and gone on to purchase a mobile home park. I’ve read nothing but great things about the boot camp and I’m thinking of taking the plunge and attending it. I’ve had an interest in Mobile home Park investing for years and have spent a lot of time researching them. I currently own 10 apartment units but am feeling ready to expand my portfolio. Anyone out there that has attended boot camp and gone on to successfully purchase parks?
2Reply
100 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 224 posts · 333 votes
7y

I attended Bootcamp last Feb. and bought two parks this year.  The coursework, reference liabrary, due diligence manual, and access to Frank were instrumental in evaluating, closing and operating our new parks.  I also recommend their free podcast, Mobile Home Park Mastery.  Frank Rolfe is an invaluable resource, a consummate professional, and a really interesting guy.   I not only recommend the Bootcamp, but also the quarterly MHU events, especially the dinner at Frank’s house in St. Genevieve, MO.

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Wilmington NC · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Hello! I attended the camp in Chicago this past year, the class is worth every penny and the most important take away can be the contacts you will make, be sure to network, also, Frank is friggin hilarious so you'll love it if you have a good sense of humor, cheers!

  • Investor · South Riding, VA · Member since 2010 · 74 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    I attended the boot camp a few years back. Quality Education, no upselling and you get support after the class also. I have bought one park this year and looking for more.  Very valuable info. 

  • Rental Property Investor · El Monte CA · Member since 2018 · 134 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    I will attend in febuary. I have the materials. This is THE Manual of Mobile Home Park Investing. They are the real deal. I met a dude that learned from them he makes 60k+ a month from 6 parks. 

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 224 posts · 333 votes
    7y

    I attended Bootcamp last Feb. and bought two parks this year.  The coursework, reference liabrary, due diligence manual, and access to Frank were instrumental in evaluating, closing and operating our new parks.  I also recommend their free podcast, Mobile Home Park Mastery.  Frank Rolfe is an invaluable resource, a consummate professional, and a really interesting guy.   I not only recommend the Bootcamp, but also the quarterly MHU events, especially the dinner at Frank’s house in St. Genevieve, MO.

  • Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 34 votes
    7y
    Fantastic! Thank you everyone for the feedback.
  • Rental Property Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 32 votes
    7y
    @John Jacobus Out of curiosity... Did you stay on Investor’s Club after the free couple of month from the bootcamp?
  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 224 posts · 333 votes
    7y

    @Janice V.  Yes, I've been a member of IC for about a year now.  I find it to be a good value.  The following are the aspects of the membership that I like best:

    • Direct access to Frank Rolfe whenever/wherever (he's highly responsive) to discuss anything related to MHP's (deal analysis/review, park operations, due diligence issues, etc.)
    • Park Manager Training module - This is a valuable resource that we have all of our park managers complete
    • Quarterly Networking Events, including the day-with-Frank in St. Genevieve, MO
    • Weekly coaching calls
    • Free websites for your park, courtesy of  Brandon Reynolds
  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    7y

    @Kelly Skeval I have not attended. I also am not interested in MH investing. However, I have met Frank and a lot of people that know him. I've never heard a bad thing about the guy and usually the exact opposite. He seems to be the real deal and if I wanted to invest in MHP's I would quickly and gladly spend the $2k on MHU. 

    That is a bargain for these kinds of things. A lot of times the courses and mentoring goes A LOT higher than $2k.

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
    7y

    @John Jacobus

    @John Jacobus

    @John Jacobus

    @John Jacobus

    @John Jacobus

    • Direct access to Frank Rolfe whenever/wherever (he's highly responsive) to discuss anything related to MHP's (deal analysis/review, park operations, due diligence issues, etc.)
    • Park Manager Training module - This is a valuable resource that we have all of our park managers complete
    • Quarterly Networking Events, including the day-with-Frank in St. Genevieve, MO
    • Weekly coaching calls
    • Free websites for your park, courtesy of Brandon Reynolds

    those are some great perks to Investors club. Thanks for the insight. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
    7y

    @Kelly Skeval

    I attended the MHU bootcamp and it is worth every penny. Aside from the reading material, the park tour that you do on Saturday is packed with knowledge, the networking from the event is really good. The in class manual is follow along the lecture and Frank is funny and makes it really interesting to keep you focused and attentive to the material being presented. Im actually going to Boot camp again this September when it comes back to Vegas. @Janice V. are you in?

  • Specialist · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 611 votes
    7y
    @Kelly Skeval I did the CD kit and felt it was enough but I will say you can't go wrong with both. If you are a good self starter thats what I would do. If you like learning by seeing then I would do the course. Never ever heard a bad thing about course but as far as networking you can get good networking in both but obviously meeting someone in person is a different level.
  • Rental Property Investor · Conway, AR · Member since 2017 · 63 posts · 32 votes
    7y

    So, I just so happen to come across a mobile home deal today.  Hoped on here to see what the community thoughts were on them.  Do you have a website for this course?  Also, is this strictly for operating mobile homes?  I entertained the idea of bulldozing this and building apts on the land.

  • Specialist · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 260 posts · 245 votes
    7y

    @Kelly Skeval - I have purchased the information and it was enough for me to get started. Information is a bit dated when I read it back in 2015-2016. However, it does build a great foundation to understand the basics for the industry. 

  • Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 34 votes
    7y
    @Corey Cox here is the website https://www.mobilehomeuniversity.com It’s a boot camp on finding, evaluating, purchasing and managing mobile home parks. Thanks to all who have offered feedback. I’m still very much on the fence with taking the course. I’ve listened to a lot of podcasts and read many articles and blogs on mobile home Park investing...just when I get close to jumping in I talk myself out of it. Maybe it’s best I stick with what I know, investing in multi units in my market.
  • Specialist · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 260 posts · 245 votes
    7y

    @Kelly Skeval - Feel free to reach out if you are having doubts. My business partner or I can help give you information to vote in favor or against it. We are in 7 mobile home park partnerships - 5 we actively manage. 

    The misconception of the industry is that parks are wheelbarrow profits that will overwhelm you as you travel the world and check in once a year. Just like everything it takes hard work and consistent action to receive results. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 32 votes
    7y
    @Mike G. I went to MHU bootcamp back in August. I was able to talk to Frank about the MHP’s I was under contract then, learned a lot from the bootcamp and was able to call Frank when I had an urgent question. My friend who now owns over 20 plus MHP’s went to MHU bootcamp a decade ago. That just shows how knowledgeable Frank is in this business. I highly recommend MHU bootcamp.
  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Kelly Skeval Yes, I attended the boot camp and have subsequently purchased 3 MHP's.  The MHU Boot Camp is worth every penny, and if you are on the fence, I would recommend you pull the trigger.

    The education, knowledge, and connections you'll gain will be worth it even if you decide not to go into MHP ownership.  There are much worse ways to spend 2,000.00 :) 

  • Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I'm considering buying the training course.  Is the training material books or pdf's?

  • Investor · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2014 · 579 posts · 347 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Mason

    Provided in both formats, along with a very extensive documents library (purchase contracts, offer letters, sample leases, etc)

  • Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    thx

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.