Rental number 8 purchased.

Rental number 8 purchased.

Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Monday I finally closed on rental number 8. I had signed the closing docs and everything two weeks ago, but the title company jumped the gun and the seller ( Fannie Mae) had not approved docs yet. They rescinded the closing and returned the wire back to me lender.

Purchase price was 97,500 with seller paying 2% closing costs. Home is a 4 bed, 2 bath with one car garage. I can turn it into a five bedroom with a little work. It needs paint , carpet, windows, dishwasher, a few holes patched and a new shower. It should rent for $1,200 to $1,300.

I did 20% down 5 year Arm with my portfolio lender at 4.8725%. Payment is low $500s with taxes and insurance.

0Reply
132 views

Most Popular Reply

Ned CareyPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
12y

Congratulations Mark, That is about where I am. Did you all of a sudden realize "gee this is growing pretty fast", like I did?

My taxes are 5 times what yours are - Ned

See this reply in the discussion

57 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    @Mark Ferguson congrats

    I like 5 bedroom ideal, if possible

    What is your monthly cashflow ?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    $1200 * .50 equals $600

    $600 - $500 equals $100 per door

    rough estimates

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    12y

    hey @Mark Ferguson ! Congratulations!!!

  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2013 · 58 posts · 9 votes
    12y
    Congrat!
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Ramon Jenkins

    My taxes and insurance are include in the $500+ so if you used the 50% rule you'd use the $413 principal and interest. I don't believe in the 50% rule on my sfrs. For one thing our taxes are about .05% which is much lower than most areas.

  • Investor · White Lake, MI · Member since 2013 · 165 posts · 41 votes
    12y

    Nice work! Keep on buying them up!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    @Mark Ferguson understood

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    hi mark, i like your posts...

    i am in the same boat like you, but i dont think there's much money to be made in prices that are kissing the 3 digits.

    here's what my numbers look at 90k...

    piti is 619 (the big 3, principal, insurance, tax).

    rent is 1100, so i am left with 481 per month.

    my problem is that i am spoiled buying houses in the 70's and it still costs me around 15k to get that 1100 per month.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    Congratulations Mark, That is about where I am. Did you all of a sudden realize "gee this is growing pretty fast", like I did?

    My taxes are 5 times what yours are - Ned

  • Real Estate Investor · Ponte Vedra Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    Congrats. I picked up four condo rentals over the past few years. I am looking to add some 3/2s to my mix soon.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @George P.

    I think you are right that there is more spread in the lower priced homes, but there is also much more turnover and maintenance on the lower priced homes. Around here you can'g buy them much cheaper than $100,000 anywhere and if you do they are most likely 100 year old junkers.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Ned Carey

    Hi Ned, this has been my plan for a while. I started out wanting 30 SFRs in ten years and I have upped that to 100 in ten years. I need one more this years to stay on track.

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    took me 3 yrs to get 5. i got another 4 just this past year. that happened quick.

    my average taxes are $2400 per year per house

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by George P.:
    took me 3 yrs to get 5. i got another 4 just this past year. that happened quick.

    my average taxes are $2400 per year per house

    Congrats Mark!!!

    I went from 0 to 10 in 2.5 years. (2 of those 10 are duplexes.)

    My average taxes are between $1800 - $2100 per house.

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Congrats that is awesome

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Well done Mark,

    Keep those posts coming on Linkedin also.

    Have a great day

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Thank you. My taxes on this one are $631 a year and I estimate it's ARV at $150,000 + with five beds.

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    mark, would you consider flipping in order to reach your goal quicker?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @George P.

    I do flip, I have five houses right now in various stages from waiting for repairs to under contract.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Wow Mark. Big Congrats. You have achieved 8% of your end goal. Keep plugging along. You should get there when you're .........85? :)

  • Investor · Rowlett, TX · Member since 2013 · 132 posts · 72 votes
    12y

    On your way to 100! Let's do this!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed

    Hey! not cool.... Just kidding. I like big challenging goals. My assumption is that I will be able to keep buying more and more homes every year. So far it has been working.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Onan Dumas

    Thank you! your encouragement brought a smile to my face.

  • Chris K.Pro Member
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    12y

    I'm inspired. So you do RE investing fulltime??

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Chris K. I do real estate full time. I am an Reo listing agent and hud listing agent. That takes up most of my time, I have a team of 8 including five agents. I am working on expanding my retail real estate business for my agents. Then I make money without doing any work. I started buying rentals 3 years ago and have been doing flips with my dad for 12 years. I bought him out this year so he could retire.

  • Minooka, IL · Member since 2013 · 353 posts · 85 votes
    12y

    @Mark Ferguson

    I have similar numbers on my rentals. I'm on contract with one right now for 97k and rent of 12-1300. There are homes around here for half that but they are falling apart and are in terrible locations. Congrats!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.