Clayton Morris / Morris Invest / Oceanpointe Investments lawsuit

41 Replies

I am preparing to file a lawsuit in California against Clayton Morris, Morris Invest, and Oceanpointe Investments for breach of contract, fraud, negligence, and more.  I was wondering if any others are pending, especially class actions?  I need to speak to other lawyers or individuals who have started the process and have made successful service of process of the summons and complaint.

Originally posted by @Shiloh Lundahl :

@Brian Freeman I believe that @Jay Hinrichs knows of some people who are in the same boat who are getting together to do what you are suggesting.

I am on a plane right now. Brian hit me off line one of my Indy attorney s has filed suit.  I heard through grape 🍇 vine he was in France 🇫🇷 for the summer. 

I bought a house in Jacksonville, Fl form Clayton/ Oceanpointe and there are way too many issues with the house. I had to find a new PM to take over the rental part of the property and now I'm finding that almost all of the invoiced repairs were not done. Can anyone suggest an attorney in Jacksonville, Fl?

Probably not the best use of your time and money......actually probably a total waste.  A few years from now when any judgments are won.....there won’t be any money left in Morris to collect...I’m guessing there’s none now.

Originally posted by @Wayne Brooks :

Probably not the best use of your time and money......actually probably a total waste.  A few years from now when any judgments are won.....there won’t be any money left in Morris to collect...I’m guessing there’s none now.

Wayne this is a strange case.. he is still selling turn key in Detroit for instance.. so we have to assume he is still making money monthly or weekly as deals close.. and for sure he made millions on the backs of the Indy and Jacksonville investors..

But generally speaking i agree with you.. I have to think though that with so many coming for him he has lawyered up. and maybe is working on settlement deals with each person so he can keep operating.. 

I've been in the Indianapolis market going on 10 years and have seen some bad characters over the years, but none compare to the MI mess. I don't understand how they lasted as long as they have. Most are gone in a couple of years at most. My heart breaks for those that got duped by these guys and I know many of them. I hope anyone who has been financially harmed by them can get some satisfaction, but as @Wayne Brooks has said, there are so many people lined up, there may not be any money left to satisfy any judgments.

We were being contacted weekly by investors who have been duped by MI or Oceanpointe requesting a cash offer for our company.  Unfortunately, we couldn't get anywhere close to an offer they needed to be made whole.  I genuinely feel bad for these investors.  

Oceanpointe has re-invented itself as Freeportinvest.com. Operating out of the same two markets: Jacksonville and Indianapolis. 

Originally posted by @Jeff Schechter :

Oceanpointe has re-invented itself as Freeportinvest.com. Operating out of the same two markets: Jacksonville and Indianapolis. 

You're probably right, but hope you're wrong. 

@Jeff Schechter is correct.

I found at least one property owned by Oceanpoint Holdings on that website. And Indy Jax Properties is sharing the same address as Oceanpoint in Indianopolis.

Well, goodness.

Hi everyone. I'm new to BP and this is my first time visiting the forums. My very first post seems to be landing right here. My wife and I are new to the investing world and we plan on acquiring our first asset this year. That first property was going to be through Morris Invest, but after reading some of these reviews/comments, I seem to be having a moment of pause.

Everyone's path to financial freedom starts somewhere under various circumstances. After watching dozens and dozens of videos and listening to an equal amount of podcasts, it seemed doable to step foot into the world of real estate investing with someone who could make that first transition fairly headache-free.

I guess not!

I'm so sorry to read about what many investors have gone through with them and I truly hope there can be appropriate restitution with the pending legal pursuits.

Regardless, I'm glad to have discovered BP and look forward to the connections I hope to make here! 

Hi Brian. I was another victim and my experience was very similar to your's. The only difference is that I'm just a novice real estate investor that was drawn to the numbers and not the value of the homes being sold to me. I had to file a complaint to the Indiana Attorney General. I also contacted Riley Williams & Pitt, the attorneys that filed a lawsuit against Clayton Morris/Morris Invest/Oceanpointe on Jan 4, 2019. A very hard lesson that unfortunately, I had to learn. I'm in San Diego. Wish I read deeper on BP about Morris Invest.