Clayton Morris is suing James Wise

Clayton Morris is suing James Wise

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes

It seems that Clayton Morris is willing to do anything he can to suppress the voices of those investors who claim to have lost money investing with his company Morris Invest. 

After loosing his copyright claim with YouTube about my Landlords From Hell video trailer Clayton Morris is now suing me in attempt to keep me from releasing the full length film.

Here is the case information for all of you as it's all public record.

Morris v. Wise, No. 1:19-cv-02467 (N.D. Ohio)

Here is a fluff piece put our by his legal and PR team.

Daily Dicta: Former ‘Fox & Friends’ Anchor Turned Real Estate Guru Turns Tables on Competitor

Bring it on Clayton.....

27Reply
246 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 592 posts · 765 votes
6y

It's sad that money taken from clients is now being used to suppress their stories.

See this reply in the discussion

92 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    @James Wise

    Anything new on Bert Whalen? Has he moved or disappeared?

     From what I have gathered Bert Whalen is still in Indianapolis fighting legal battles on many fronts.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Matt R.:

    Thats awesome, now you can officially depose him. 

    Good point get him under oath.. you know the I promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    in Morris case it will be he did it he did it and I needed to move to Portugal for my inner peace.. 

     Soul Challenge

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    @James Wise

    Anything new on Bert Whalen? Has he moved or disappeared?

     From what I have gathered Bert Whalen is still in Indianapolis fighting legal battles on many fronts.

     Wonder what he did or maybe didn't do to get the role of fall guy lol...

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Matt K.:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    @James Wise

    Anything new on Bert Whalen? Has he moved or disappeared?

     From what I have gathered Bert Whalen is still in Indianapolis fighting legal battles on many fronts.

     Wonder what he did or maybe didn't do to get the role of fall guy lol...

     Not sure what you mean by this?

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Matt K.:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    @James Wise

    Anything new on Bert Whalen? Has he moved or disappeared?

     From what I have gathered Bert Whalen is still in Indianapolis fighting legal battles on many fronts.

     Wonder what he did or maybe didn't do to get the role of fall guy lol...

     Not sure what you mean by this?

     Isn't Bert the guy behind ocean point? I wonder why he's sticking around when Clayton left the country ... He going to be the fall guy for Clayton?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 439 posts · 578 votes
    6y

    Just repeatedly upload it to YouTube, vimeo and whatever other sites are out there. Guys a kook and deserves to be exposed...regardless of what him or any of his lawyers say.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Matt K.:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Matt K.:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    @James Wise

    Anything new on Bert Whalen? Has he moved or disappeared?

     From what I have gathered Bert Whalen is still in Indianapolis fighting legal battles on many fronts.

     Wonder what he did or maybe didn't do to get the role of fall guy lol...

     Not sure what you mean by this?

     Isn't Bert the guy behind ocean point? I wonder why he's sticking around when Clayton left the country ... He going to be the fall guy for Clayton?

     Bert Whalen has a very long history of dishonest dealings with Clayton Morris and others....So I wouldn't consider him a fall guy by any means.

  • Rental Property Investor · CA · Member since 2018 · 135 posts · 174 votes
    6y

    @James Wise, just saw this (was out of country for a week then out of state for another). Havnt had the chance to read through this thread yet, so forgive me if it already got answered. 

    He is simply SLAPPing you. Thats all it is. In your state, are there any anti-slapp regs available? If so, he just added to his troubles.

  • Fairfax, MO · Member since 2017 · 113 posts · 170 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Pavel Shemyakin:

    @James Wise, just saw this (was out of country for a week then out of state for another). Havnt had the chance to read through this thread yet, so forgive me if it already got answered. 

    He is simply SLAPPing you. Thats all it is. In your state, are there any anti-slapp regs available? If so, he just added to his troubles.

     No Anti-SLAPP law in Ohio

  • Rental Property Investor · CA · Member since 2018 · 135 posts · 174 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed, yea i should have waited to ask that. The answer was on the first page of this thread lol. Not my usual self today, i normally try to read the whole thing before commenting.

    Thanks man!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Pavel Shemyakin:

    @Account Closed, yea i should have waited to ask that. The answer was on the first page of this thread lol. Not my usual self today, i normally try to read the whole thing before commenting.

    Thanks man!

     Yup. My team anticipated there may be some push back from Clayton on this. So no worries here. The full length film will still be released in 2019 as planned.

  • Josh C.Pro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Josh C.:

    @James Wise

    If you need more evidence I’ve got double leases at different amounts. (Higher one given to owner, and lower one given to tenant) and forged documents. We managed about 40 of those after the melt down.

    Good luck!

     Yes that would be great. Can you send those leases to me?

    Just emailed them to you. Good Luck!

  • Investor · Indianapolis · Member since 2019 · 108 posts · 69 votes
    6y

    @James Wise I'm in Indianapolis, so I got a good feel for how bad this thing was.  Keep pursuing this!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y

    All,

    Lawsuit or no Lawsuit the Full Length Film has been released.

  • David BarnettPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2016 · 634 posts · 415 votes
    6y

     @James Wise Watching the full video now.  Great job on pulling this together - and feel bad for these investors that got duped.  Much bigger story than I initially thought, especially with similar stories from different markets.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Richard Bonisa:

    @James Wise I'm in Indianapolis, so I got a good feel for how bad this thing was.  Keep pursuing this!

     Released it today. Let me know your thoughts after you get a chance to check it out.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y

    Clayton Morris Copyright Lawsuit Update;

    We submitted our motion to dismiss the lawsuit yesterday. 

    For those who've been following along more info can be found here Morris v. Wise, et al. 1:19-cv-02467 

  • Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @James Wise time to declare yourself a 'whistleblower'. I hear they have an amazing status & protection from prosecution per se. But you may also need to align yourself with the Dems to get any mainstream media promotion :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Pat L.:

    @James Wise time to declare yourself a 'whistleblower'. I hear they have an amazing status & protection from prosecution per se. But you may also need to align yourself with the Dems to get any mainstream media promotion :)

     Some lines are uncrossable.

  • Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Pat L.:

    @James Wise time to declare yourself a 'whistleblower'. I hear they have an amazing status & protection from prosecution per se. But you may also need to align yourself with the Dems to get any mainstream media promotion :)

     Some lines are uncrossable.

    Somehow I knew you were a man of integrity & strong political acumen...

  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    James Wise, I finished watching the entire documentary yesterday and let me tell you, it was excellent. Lots of great information and tips for us out of state investors. Very sad to see so many people affected by that whole mess.

    Thanks for taking the time to make it.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Andres M.:

    James Wise, I finished watching the entire documentary yesterday and let me tell you, it was excellent. Lots of great information and tips for us out of state investors. Very sad to see so many people affected by that whole mess.

    Thanks for taking the time to make it.

     Thanks Andres I appreciate that. Where you someone who had done business with Morris Invest or did you just hear about him through all of these threads and news stories?

  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    James, no, I didn't do any business with Morris Invest. I heard about that whole mess from reading the forums here and from watching your YouTube videos.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Andres M.:

    James, no, I didn't do any business with Morris Invest. I heard about that whole mess from reading the forums here and from watching your YouTube videos.

    I see. Glad you found us and were able to get some quality education on the business. You planning on doing turnkey investing or do you invest close to home?

  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @James Wise I'm in NYC and everything is too expensive around here so I invest out of state.  I own a couple of turnkey properties in Indianapolis and one in Dayton.  I'm in the process of saving for another one and Cleveland is one of the markets I'm interested in.  I'll be sure to reach out to you when I'm ready for the next property.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.