Clayton Morris is suing James Wise

Clayton Morris is suing James Wise

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes

It seems that Clayton Morris is willing to do anything he can to suppress the voices of those investors who claim to have lost money investing with his company Morris Invest. 

After loosing his copyright claim with YouTube about my Landlords From Hell video trailer Clayton Morris is now suing me in attempt to keep me from releasing the full length film.

Here is the case information for all of you as it's all public record.

Morris v. Wise, No. 1:19-cv-02467 (N.D. Ohio)

Here is a fluff piece put our by his legal and PR team.

Daily Dicta: Former ‘Fox & Friends’ Anchor Turned Real Estate Guru Turns Tables on Competitor

Bring it on Clayton.....

27Reply
260 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 592 posts · 765 votes
6y

It's sad that money taken from clients is now being used to suppress their stories.

See this reply in the discussion

92 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville County SC / Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 403 posts · 120 votes
    6y

    @Angela Collins 🙀

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @John Nachtigall:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @John Nachtigall:

    Impressive @James Wise, but you have note "really" arrived until you make Natalie's blog where she trashes you while talking about "Life Challenges" and other holistic healing mumbo jumbo.   You have miles to go yet my friend.   

    Lol what was the term they played up repeatedly when they were trying to spin everything?

    Soul challenge?

    Soul search?

    Soul quest?

    Somebody help your boy out here.

     
    You had it.   "Soul Challenge"

    http://natalimorris.com/out-of-office-reply/

    So much of this scheme was simply kept from him. We have answered for this to the attorney general in three states and in several lawsuits. I don’t care if you believe it or not. It is my soul challenge to share after all, not yours to judge.


    Damit James...now I am going to get a copy write suit for posting the link....

    Damn dude, you just copyright infringed on the soul challenge.

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @John Nachtigall:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @John Nachtigall:

    Impressive @James Wise, but you have note "really" arrived until you make Natalie's blog where she trashes you while talking about "Life Challenges" and other holistic healing mumbo jumbo.   You have miles to go yet my friend.   

    Lol what was the term they played up repeatedly when they were trying to spin everything?

    Soul challenge?

    Soul search?

    Soul quest?

    Somebody help your boy out here.

     
    You had it.   "Soul Challenge"

    http://natalimorris.com/out-of-office-reply/

    So much of this scheme was simply kept from him. We have answered for this to the attorney general in three states and in several lawsuits. I don’t care if you believe it or not. It is my soul challenge to share after all, not yours to judge.


    Damit James...now I am going to get a copy write suit for posting the link....

    Damn dude, you just copyright infringed on the soul challenge.

    Clearly we need to portmanteau that term right up in order to keep taking about it: soullenge.

  • Bill SchrimpfBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Reno, NV · Member since 2014 · 349 posts · 189 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Karl B.:

    I said it in a past thread - I never cared for Clayton Morris. In his videos he came off as a condescending, know-it-all narcissist. My 'shady person alarm' went off when I watched his videos (I only watched a few - I would much rather get hypnotized by videos of Brandon Turner's beard and the critters/real estate deals that reside in it). 

    As long as you told the truth in the video there's nothing to worry about; if anything, you did the world a service to keep others from losing money.  

    It's a shame people get ripped off handing their money over in real estate deals as it keeps some people from taking the first step to investing (which is why I control all my properties and would never hand my money over to someone else - just a personal choice).

     My nomination for best line ever on Bigger Pockets "get hypnotized by videos of Brandon Turner's beard and the critters/real estate deals that reside in it"

    ERA Realty Central - Bill Schrimpf58 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Maple Valley, WA · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Danna Gramme awww me and you both. I trust people very easily but these days i have learned a lot and follow my intuition.

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Matthew Olszak:

    Ah, there it is, the supposed copy-written work being infringed: 

    "Photograph - Clayton Morris personal headshot"


    Seems like if he does have standing it'd be easy enough to take that out and the show will go on...

    That would depend on whether or not he took the photo himself. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bill Schrimpf:
    Originally posted by @Karl B.:

    I said it in a past thread - I never cared for Clayton Morris. In his videos he came off as a condescending, know-it-all narcissist. My 'shady person alarm' went off when I watched his videos (I only watched a few - I would much rather get hypnotized by videos of Brandon Turner's beard and the critters/real estate deals that reside in it). 

    As long as you told the truth in the video there's nothing to worry about; if anything, you did the world a service to keep others from losing money.  

    It's a shame people get ripped off handing their money over in real estate deals as it keeps some people from taking the first step to investing (which is why I control all my properties and would never hand my money over to someone else - just a personal choice).

     My nomination for best line ever on Bigger Pockets "get hypnotized by videos of Brandon Turner's beard and the critters/real estate deals that reside in it"

     I dunno dude, @Joe Splitrock coming after @Victor S. for those copyright royalties is pretty good. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @James Wise

    Oh, your troubles have not even started, sir! If you'll recall, just recently you presented the idea of offering a "complimentary Mcrib to top agents" with a possible "keep the cheesy tots on the menu" lobby group and that has not been upheld. You set a "reasonable expectation" and are in breach of contract. Furthermore, you infringed on basic rights to life, liberty, and yummy nummy to my tummy property. Expect to be punished to the fullest extent provided by law. Saddle up, this will be a long ride!

  • Josh C.Pro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @James Wise

    If you need more evidence I’ve got double leases at different amounts. (Higher one given to owner, and lower one given to tenant) and forged documents. We managed about 40 of those after the melt down.

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Josh C.:

    @James Wise

    If you need more evidence I’ve got double leases at different amounts. (Higher one given to owner, and lower one given to tenant) and forged documents. We managed about 40 of those after the melt down.

    Good luck!

     Yes that would be great. Can you send those leases to me?

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Josh C.:

    @James Wise

    If you need more evidence I’ve got double leases at different amounts. (Higher one given to owner, and lower one given to tenant) and forged documents. We managed about 40 of those after the melt down.

    Good luck!

    The more you stir it the more it stinks. I was idly thinking these had to exist a few weeks ago. They couldn't just turn the lights on and pretend that a tenant was there for every investor, could they? And how else were they going to get tenants into a lot of these places in the condition they were in?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Wade Haldeman:

    @James Wise

    Oh, your troubles have not even started, sir! If you'll recall, just recently you presented the idea of offering a "complimentary Mcrib to top agents" with a possible "keep the cheesy tots on the menu" lobby group and that has not been upheld. You set a "reasonable expectation" and are in breach of contract. Furthermore, you infringed on basic rights to life, liberty, and yummy nummy to my tummy property. Expect to be punished to the fullest extent provided by law. Saddle up, this will be a long ride!

     Do you think Clayton would drop the lawsuit against me if I were to offer him a McRib?

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @James Wise

    Hmmm... I don't think it would hurt. Perhaps a McSPINE would change things significantly?!?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Wade Haldeman:

    @James Wise

    Hmmm... I don't think it would hurt. Perhaps a McSPINE would change things significantly?!?

     You sir.........are a savage. 🤣

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Joy Abia:

    @Danna Gramme awww me and you both. I trust people very easily but these days i have learned a lot and follow my intuition.

     As they say, trust but verify.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @John Nachtigall:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @John Nachtigall:

    Impressive @James Wise, but you have note "really" arrived until you make Natalie's blog where she trashes you while talking about "Life Challenges" and other holistic healing mumbo jumbo.   You have miles to go yet my friend.   

    Lol what was the term they played up repeatedly when they were trying to spin everything?

    Soul challenge?

    Soul search?

    Soul quest?

    Somebody help your boy out here.

     
    You had it.   "Soul Challenge"

    http://natalimorris.com/out-of-office-reply/

    So much of this scheme was simply kept from him. We have answered for this to the attorney general in three states and in several lawsuits. I don’t care if you believe it or not. It is my soul challenge to share after all, not yours to judge.


    Damit James...now I am going to get a copy write suit for posting the link....

    Maybe my attorney will cut you a break to defend it. Kinda like a 2 for 1.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Josh C.:

    @James Wise

    If you need more evidence I’ve got double leases at different amounts. (Higher one given to owner, and lower one given to tenant) and forged documents. We managed about 40 of those after the melt down.

    Good luck!

     Yes that would be great. Can you send those leases to me?

    those should be turned over to the authorities as well. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @James Wise

    Yeah...I do feel bad about it now...😂

    I don't have many good ones left, so when I see a shot, have to take it!

    But, vertebrate notwithstanding, I can't see this actually going to trial. YouTube helped significantly and that is a good indicator it will get thrown out.

    Best of luck, but I'm sure luck is not part of your equation!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Wade Haldeman:

    @James Wise

    Yeah...I do feel bad about it now...😂

    I don't have many good ones left, so when I see a shot, have to take it!

    But, vertebrate notwithstanding, I can't see this actually going to trial. YouTube helped significantly and that is a good indicator it will get thrown out.

    Best of luck, but I'm sure luck is not part of your equation!

     As they say, you will regret 100% of the shots you don't take.

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Sucks to be sued. I didn't realize you were one of the investors who claim to have lost money with Morris Invest.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Sucks to be sued. I didn't realize you were one of the investors who claim to have lost money with Morris Invest.

     I have not invested with Clayton Morris or Bert Whalen. I made a documentary about those that did.

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    @James Wise

    Anything new on Bert Whalen? Has he moved or disappeared?

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Thats awesome, now you can officially depose him.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Matt R.:

    Thats awesome, now you can officially depose him. 

    Good point get him under oath.. you know the I promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    in Morris case it will be he did it he did it and I needed to move to Portugal for my inner peace.. 

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Matt R.:

    Thats awesome, now you can officially depose him. 

    Good point get him under oath.. you know the I promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    in Morris case it will be he did it he did it and I needed to move to Portugal for my inner peace.. 

    I hear the sound of the Atlantic surf on the Portuguese beaches can soothe even the blackest, most maggot-eaten ruin of a soul.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.