3 Story Self Storage Architech

3 Story Self Storage Architech

Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I am currently looking into self storage and was curious if anyone would have an architects they would recommend. We have already completed a feasibility study on our market. We are bulding 3 story building with 72000 gross square foot. I contacted Betco but they do only structural drawing only.

This is our first time venturing into self storage and was curious if more seasoned investors in this space recommend using local architects or would they recommend using a firm that specializes in self storage units? If you do suggest using a firm that specializes in this market do you have any recommendations?

0Reply
113 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Bentonville, AR · Member since 2014 · 759 posts · 379 votes
7y

@Bipin Patel Call Trachte or Mako Steel, I would think they could point you in a good direction.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    I would recommend you go with an architect that does these types of projects. If you can find one in your area all the better but not required. You do want a local civil engineer to do site plan and entitlement process but Architect can be anywhere.

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks Greg.I have local Civil engineer. I am looking for architech with some background in self storage buildings. I don't want to go with architech those who did not build any self storage.  

  • Architect · Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2018 · 843 posts · 907 votes
    7y

    You could always just call a local architect and ask if they know any (pick one you know that doesn't do them). They usually are pretty god at knowing other architects in the area and are fine referring out work that doesn't meet what they do. 

  • Investor · Bentonville, AR · Member since 2014 · 759 posts · 379 votes
    7y

    @Bipin Patel Call Trachte or Mako Steel, I would think they could point you in a good direction.

  • Lender · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2015 · 51 posts · 58 votes
    6y

    Bipin,

    Where are you planning to build? There are a few that I can name off the top of my head.....Bruce Jordan, Ariel Valli, Danika Dallam, RHAA, Mark Price, Pat Pillot.....depends on where you are, but also most of these folks can do work nationwide. It just makes it easier working with someone in your own timezone.

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks Guys I appreciate your suggestions. Terry I am planning to build in Flanders New Jersey. Please suggest me few who are good in self storage.

  • Architect · Hudson Valley, NY · Member since 2015 · 133 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    You can also call distributors and reps and ask who have they worked with in the past

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks I will do that and will find out.

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    Howdy. I am an architect that does quite a bit of three story self storage across the nation. I highly recommend you find an architect that has experience in this exact type of construction. It is super different than typical construction and I have seen architects that cause a bunch of extra headaches (and cost) because they don't know what they are doing. I am pretty sure that most architects that specialize in self storage will get a license in a new state for a project. Rabco is another pretty major metal building supplier that works on the east coast that might be a good group to talk with. Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

  • Investor · Fishers, IN · Member since 2012 · 520 posts · 499 votes
    6y

    Bilpin, all the architects that Terry Campbell suggested are in the Self Storage Space.  We have experience with Bruce Jordan and RHAA, so I can definitely recommend you include them in your potential candidates. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.