Tenant screening with Keycheck

Tenant screening with Keycheck

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 193 posts · 98 votes

Hi all,

Wow this is a first! I typed in Keycheck to see if I could find anything on the tenant screening platform in the forums and nothing came up. 

Anyways I was just trying to get some opinions if anyone has used the service? Have you heard of it? What do you look for in a tenant screening platform?

For a little more context, I am looking into doing some short-term rentals for either Airbnb or longer short-term for traveling nurses.  A website I found for traveling nurses uses Keycheck for tenant screenings.

Thank you,

MarieChele

3Reply
115 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 68 votes
5y

Hi @MarieChele Porter!

I am not familiar with that service but Bigger Pockets does offer tenant screening through a trusted partner. You can find this by choosing Tenant Screening under the Tools tab. There are two packages that you can choose from based on your tenant screening needs.

Happy Landlording!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Hi @MarieChele Porter!

    I am not familiar with that service but Bigger Pockets does offer tenant screening through a trusted partner. You can find this by choosing Tenant Screening under the Tools tab. There are two packages that you can choose from based on your tenant screening needs.

    Happy Landlording!

  • MarieChele PorterPro Member
    OP
    San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 193 posts · 98 votes
    5y

    @Chelsea Kline

    Oh this is good I didn't even know of this Thank you!

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    KeyCheck is owned by the same company that owns FurnishedFinder (which I suspect is the company you mentioned that targets travel nurses).  Personally I would be wary of using their service without understanding how thorough their checking actually is, and their methodology. There have been stories in the news about Uber drivers who had been screened and background checked by Uber, only to commit violent crimes.  Turns out the screening company's methodology wasn't very thorough.  Not saying KeyCheck is bad or good, just that I'd look into it first before using it.  I do have a listing on FurnishedFinder myself but use a different company for screening. The tip from @ChelseaKline is worth checking out.  Also, many local landlord associations offer access to screening tools as part of their membership.  

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Just tried FurnishedFinder's KeyCheck service for the first time.  Turns out it's pretty much the same thing as TransUnion SmartMove IMO....at least that's what appears to be the "engine" underlying it.  When you click the box to agree to the terms of service, what pops up is from SmartMove. Looks like FurnishedFinder licenses the Transunion technology, overlays their own interface and rebrands it.

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    I'm just new to FurnishedFinder and Keycheck.  Does anyone know if I use KeyCheck to screen tenants to I also have to use them for collecting rent, deposits, etc.?

  • Walter JonesBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 102 posts · 102 votes
    3y

    I just set up my second unit on Furnished Finder. I've been using Avail like with all of my other properties, but I'm wondering if Keycheck is better to use with Furnished Finder, since many of their tenants are already on it. I may give it a try even though I'm happy with Avail for managing my other properties

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    @Walter Jones Did you try using Keycheck over Avail with Furnished Finder? Curious how it compares, thanks.

  • Walter JonesBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 102 posts · 102 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Samuel Williams:

    @Walter Jones Did you try using Keycheck over Avail with Furnished Finder? Curious how it compares, thanks.


     No I'm sticking with Avail. I've asked several FF guests, and it's not really a benefit to them to go with Keycheck - they don't mind the Avail platform. I'm sure Keycheck is great but to keep it simple I didn't see the need right now. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.