Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 107 posts · 48 votes
He’s promoting his new Real Estate Success System for $997 which includes in-person summit and his full course. wondering if anyone has bought it and if worth it?
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
3y
@Travis Andres
What do you get for $1000 that is not on BP or YouTube?
A real estate success program seems like a high level sales ploy to get you to buy a more specific program
Let me save you $1000 and tell you like any business it comes down to following a set of procedures, due diligence and the effort to stick with it as it doesn’t happen overnight and you should constantly be learning and networking
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
3y
@Travis Andres
What do you get for $1000 that is not on BP or YouTube?
A real estate success program seems like a high level sales ploy to get you to buy a more specific program
Let me save you $1000 and tell you like any business it comes down to following a set of procedures, due diligence and the effort to stick with it as it doesn’t happen overnight and you should constantly be learning and networking
Investor · Holmdel, NJ · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 60 votes
3y
Grant Cardone is a billionaire today because of the real estate he owns. I do not have any experience with this specific program, however I have bought other software programs he offers and found it very helpful. He is an expert in the real estate industry and I would only take advice from people who have experienced the system itself and no one else. Good luck in your real estate journey.
He’s promoting his new Real Estate Success System for $997 which includes in-person summit and his full course. wondering if anyone has bought it and if worth it?
This guy is in class action lawsuit LOL
His typical way of making money, over valuing the RE by selling it to folks like you and me lol
He’s promoting his new Real Estate Success System for $997 which includes in-person summit and his full course. wondering if anyone has bought it and if worth it?
This guy is in class action lawsuit LOL
His typical way of making money, over valuing the RE by selling it to folks like you and me lol
But he has an awesome G 550 or maybe he upgraded to a G 650 you don't buy those suckers with smoke and mirrors.. I do believe though he makes a significant income from his training seminars much like most gurus.. And I am thinking the 997 is to get you in the door then hammer the up sell which is how ALL gurus work nothing unique about the system and tactics. .
He’s promoting his new Real Estate Success System for $997 which includes in-person summit and his full course. wondering if anyone has bought it and if worth it?
This guy is in class action lawsuit LOL
His typical way of making money, over valuing the RE by selling it to folks like you and me lol
But he has an awesome G 550 or maybe he upgraded to a G 650 you don't buy those suckers with smoke and mirrors.. I do believe though he makes a significant income from his training seminars much like most gurus.. And I am thinking the 997 is to get you in the door then hammer the up sell which is how ALL gurus work nothing unique about the system and tactics. .
So new kid that bought his system was offered a two hundred bucks MF that was normal appraised for 150k only lol… and expecting that market would just grow , the system is working in 2009 though
same thing to what Greg Hugher did in other bankruptcy filing lol
Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y
Surprised to see this question in 2023 with all the info coming out about him over the past several years. He comes across like a very basic con artist slime-ball to me, preying on insecure people by acting confident and successful, which people mistake for actual success. Lots of parallels to his business that track with the way L. Ron Hubbard built his scientology business: Mid-level sales professional selling the dream lifestyle and over-promising returns to attract people to him so he can capitalize on their innate desire to become successful and rich like him... He's a fake billionaire influencer: "look at my car, look at my boat, look at my plane now send me all of your money so you can be like me" type of guy. Do some research before sending your money! He was never even a good salesperson (pushy sales tactics are often taught by gurus but simply don't work for most personalities, Jordan Belfort of all people called him out on this during an interview that was very revealing), and his real estate syndication funds are now rumored to be total scams (he allegedly buys the properties separately beforehand then marks them up millions before selling them to his fund using his investor's money, like a wholesaler basically but taking $50M fees from investors without disclosing it. I haven't been following this too closely but this is what many various news sources have reported and I believe that's why he's being sued and is supposedly under investigation).
Surprised to see this question in 2023 with all the info coming out about him over the past several years. He comes across like a very basic con artist slime-ball to me, preying on insecure people by acting confident and successful, which people mistake for actual success. Lots of parallels to his business that track with the way L. Ron Hubbard built his scientology business: Mid-level sales professional selling the dream lifestyle and over-promising returns to attract people to him so he can capitalize on their innate desire to become successful and rich like him... He's a fake billionaire influencer: "look at my car, look at my boat, look at my plane now send me all of your money so you can be like me" type of guy. Do
selling alpha male quality and boasting into twitter/tiktok/instagram and such :-)
Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2012 · 217 posts · 194 votes
3y
@Travis Andres I have read about him and you can google articles also. I believe he has built a lot of his empire off of unsuspecting/unsophisticated folks... I could be wrong but I don't think so.
Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
There's no doubt Grant is a smashing success. By the looks of things he has made hundreds of millions in real estate. And he has also made hundreds of millions in his courses, trainings, seminars, books, etc.
He's also an intense, larger than life personality. Which is what has helped him to achieve the level of success he has achieved. And it has also helped him to build up so many haters. I heard him once say in a podcast something to the effect of "if you don't get half the world to hate you, you're doing something wrong." He was more specifically referring to how presidents get elected.
Anyways I'm probably coming across as some fanboy. I'm not. I just find it funny that so many people critique the guy... because that is exactly what he is going for.
As far as the $1,000 program is concerned - I'd buy it if I was looking for a motivational, pump me up, get me stoked kind of event. I'm sure the energy at those events is on another level. If I was looking to learn how to actually invest in real estate though, I wouldn't waste my money.
There's no doubt Grant is a smashing success. By the looks of things he has made hundreds of millions in real estate. And he has also made hundreds of millions in his courses, trainings, seminars, books, etc.
He's also an intense, larger than life personality. Which is what has helped him to achieve the level of success he has achieved. And it has also helped him to build up so many haters. I heard him once say in a podcast something to the effect of "if you don't get half the world to hate you, you're doing something wrong." He was more specifically referring to how presidents get elected.
Anyways I'm probably coming across as some fanboy. I'm not. I just find it funny that so many people critique the guy... because that is exactly what he is going for.
As far as the $1,000 program is concerned - I'd buy it if I was looking for a motivational, pump me up, get me stoked kind of event. I'm sure the energy at those events is on another level. If I was looking to learn how to actually invest in real estate though, I wouldn't waste my money.
That’s pretty much definition of alpha male quality lol lot of folks also wanna become his 3.0 lol
Investor · Manteca, CA · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
The guy just acts and sounds like a slimely used car salesman..... the whole alpha male thing....
The one question I ask people that want to sign up for these "guru" courses..... what do they offer that you cant find in books, blogs, forums and YouTube?.... and those are either free or way cheaper than some 1k seminar. His info isn't magical or unique....its just packaged by an alpha male boasting over his wealth
I think 98% of people that do these seminars never do anything... they fail to follow through on actually taking action, so for most its a waste of $$$
Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 231 posts · 169 votes
3y
The moment an influencer starts flashing piles of cash in a video I tune out. No one does that.
I've noticed that he makes a lot of money from selling courses and then that money gets put into real estate. Then he also has had some lawsuits filed and some were dismisses because it wasn't necessarily illegal what he did but it was certainly unethical. That really matters to me when doing business with someone.
Another time I was part of a team that paid him for a coaching call and when it was over everyone was really upset, because all he did was talk about himself. He is afterall an influencer.
I have to give it to him he is successful and if you wanted to be an influencer he's the guy to learn from, but everything he teaches as a real estate coach can be learned here or many other places online. These coaches simply curated the information and make it easily accessible in one place.
That's my personal opinion. That being said if you see this don't sue me Grant.
Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
I agree with @Ned J., to some extent. Understand what you want to learn, and then do some vetting of the program to see if intends to achieve your goal.
I also agree that it is likely anything he teaches in his course is available for free elsewhere, but there is a value to your time. You can spend $1,000 and save a lot of time and filtering garbage, or you save $1,000 but spend a lot of time filtering through many resources of garbage.
At the end of the day, like any guru course or even a college degree: you will hopefully learn something. but knowing something and doing something with that knowledge are two totally different things. And the challenge with learning from anyone at his scale is: he will say things like "build your social media presence". Much easier said than done. If it was easy, everyone would be The Rock with 388mm IG followers.
The moment an influencer starts flashing piles of cash in a video I tune out. No one does that.
I've noticed that he makes a lot of money from selling courses and then that money gets put into real estate. Then he also has had some lawsuits filed and some were dismisses because it wasn't necessarily illegal what he did but it was certainly unethical. That really matters to me when doing business with someone.
Another time I was part of a team that paid him for a coaching call and when it was over everyone was really upset, because all he did was talk about himself. He is afterall an influencer.
I have to give it to him he is successful and if you wanted to be an influencer he's the guy to learn from, but everything he teaches as a real estate coach can be learned here or many other places online. These coaches simply curated the information and make it easily accessible in one place.
That's my personal opinion. That being said if you see this don't sue me Grant.
The lawsuit you mentioned that was dismissed… I believe it was actually reinstated at the end of last year and is ongoing now. Class action suit about misleading investors: https://therealdeal.com/miami/2022/12/28/grant-cardone-is-back-on-the-hook-in-a-class-action-suit/#
Rental Property Investor · Montréal, QC Canada · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 17 votes
3y
@Travis Andres as someone who has done a few Grant Cardone events and courses, these are my thoughts.
I like the guy on a personal level, but I will NEVER give his organization another dime. In fact, those mother f@$#ers still owe me over 7k.
All of his sales reps are the pushiest SOB's I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. At an event, one of them wouldn't leave me alone while I was trying to eat and network with the others at the table. It got so bad I had to stand up, look him straight in the eyes and tell him to F off or I was going to beat his ***. He wouldn't take "no" for an answer otherwise. It was unbelievable!
As for how they screwed me out several grand, I started by doing 2 of his events, and actually got a lot of value out of them for a great price. But then one of his sales reps called me and sold me on this amazing program (Cardone university or something like that), he said it was "One on One" training and a bunch of other stuff. I'm big into learning and self development so I went for it. Turns out it was all BS. Not one on one! And a bunch other stuff he said was lies too, AND he signed the contract on my behalf which is pure fraud. I fought with them for months and finally had to call my credit card and tell them it was fraud. My card company stopped paying them, but they took over 7k by then and won't give it back. They say I've got a "credit", which I'll never use now because they burned me.
So I would proceed with extreme caution, or not do it if I were you. All the resources you'll ever need are here on BP, for free. Just got to dig a little. That's my 2 cents (which cost me 7k).
Developer · New Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
I can never understand how people cannot see through that guys bs. He is a king at it though, I'll give him that. He teaches people how to bs others. Some of his principles are helpful (10x thinking big) but hes a lot sizzle without the steak.
What do you get for $1000 that is not on BP or YouTube?
A real estate success program seems like a high level sales ploy to get you to buy a more specific program
Let me save you $1000 and tell you like any business it comes down to following a set of procedures, due diligence and the effort to stick with it as it doesn’t happen overnight and you should constantly be learning and networking
You probably get a high pressure pitch for the $30K super deluxe personalized coaching package..:-)
I personally wouldn't invest in any real estate courses that demand such a significant upfront payment. I agree with @Chris Seveney that these classes often seem like sales and marketing tactics. Currently, the 'initial' investment is set at $997, but as you progress through the coursework, they will likely require additional payments for further education, keeping you in a continuous loop of purchasing their materials and courses. It could feel like being stuck in a rat race.
A better alternative is to explore books and podcasts from sources like Bigger Pockets. Remember, price does not always reflect value. Just because a product is more expensive doesn't necessarily mean it provides greater value. The BiggerPockets community, for instance, offers a wealth of valuable information, possibly even more than classes like Grant Cardone's.