Cincinnati neighborhoods and the Super Bowl

Cincinnati neighborhoods and the Super Bowl

Rental Property Investor · Binghamton, NY · Member since 2012 · 27 posts · 12 votes

My business partner and I are heading out to Cincinnati this Saturday-Tuesday.  We will be driving out from Upstate NY.  It will be our first visit to the market.  We have reserved Sunday to drive around by ourselves and begin to get a feel for the neighborhoods.  We will be looking at small apartment buildings 30 units and under.  I have two questions:

1. We would like to invest in B and C+ areas. What neighborhoods should we be searching in?

2. We will be staying downtown and are going to need a good spot to watch the Super Bowl.  Any suggestions for a place in the city?

Thanks

1Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor/Syndicator · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 470 posts · 599 votes
10y

@Mark Liscia I am also buying mid sized multifamily in Cincinnati. Im born and raised here So I maybe able to help.  Here is a link to my own Purchasing criteria . I feel ours will be similar so you may gain from the map, or other criteria.  I would suggest buying north of I74. Best of luck, let me know if I can help. 

Jered

 
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Syndicator · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 470 posts · 599 votes
    10y

    @Mark Liscia I am also buying mid sized multifamily in Cincinnati. Im born and raised here So I maybe able to help.  Here is a link to my own Purchasing criteria . I feel ours will be similar so you may gain from the map, or other criteria.  I would suggest buying north of I74. Best of luck, let me know if I can help. 

    Jered

     
  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    @Mark Liscia I will be  out there Sunday to Tuesday as well. Im in contract on a 27 unit property and Monday is my day for diligence. 

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Jared, are you still planning on moving to Atlanta?  I remember hearing it on the bigger pockets podcast you did.  

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 229 posts · 50 votes
    10y

    @Mark Liscia my favorite place for sports downtown is at Holy Grail directly across from the Reds stadium.  As for apartment locations, I'm only super familiar with the East side closer to the city.  Norwood can provide you the B and C properties and with it being close to universities, that's a plus too.  I'm big on Pleasant Ridge since I believe it's an under served market at this point in regard to amenities and nicer housing (aka not a dumpy run down place).  There's a ton of new businesses opening up this year in the business district.  No clue about the supply for commercial though.  Good luck! 

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 229 posts · 50 votes
    10y

    What was it exactly that mostly made you choose Cinci vs other Midwest cities?  

  • Rental Property Investor · Binghamton, NY · Member since 2012 · 27 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    @Jered Sturm thanks for sharing your post on your Purchasing Criteria.  The map was very helpful.  We are looking for very similar properties.  I will shoot you a pm.

  • Rental Property Investor · Binghamton, NY · Member since 2012 · 27 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    @Max James we are targeting several other large Ohio cities.  Anything that is within a days drive of our current location in New York is on our radar.  This will be our first trip to Cincinnati but we plan on spending a good bit of time in Ohio this year.  We have to drive through the other big Ohio cities to get to Cincinnati so it is convenient to add your city to our list.  All the areas you posted about on are our watch list.  You are not the first person to suggest Holy Grail, it must be a good spot and we plan on watching the game there.  Thanks.   

  • Investor · Ponca City, OK · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 15 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Mark Liscia:

    My business partner and I are heading out to Cincinnati this Saturday-Tuesday.  We will be driving out from Upstate NY.  It will be our first visit to the market.  We have reserved Sunday to drive around by ourselves and begin to get a feel for the neighborhoods.  We will be looking at small apartment buildings 30 units and under.  I have two questions:

    1. We would like to invest in B and C+ areas. What neighborhoods should we be searching in?

    2. We will be staying downtown and are going to need a good spot to watch the Super Bowl.  Any suggestions for a place in the city?

    Thanks

     PRICELESS>... TAX WRITE-OFF!!!

  • Wholesaler · West Chester, OH · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Mark am also buying in the Cincinnati Dayton area, Would welcome discussing your needs, possibly working together and however else we may help. Drop me a note if interested in meeting. 

    T. Argerous Filosofos
    http://www.tafmultifamilyinvestments.com/

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 969 votes
    10y

    @Mark Liscia @Max James Something I ran across while analyzing Norwood properties is that since Norwood is not apart of the City of Cincinnati, you have an extra "trash" expense. I have been using $80 a unit per month so that adds up fast. Is this a good number to use for the "trash" expense in Norwood?

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 214 posts · 107 votes
    10y

    If your buying within the city of Cincinnati they will not collect trash at a building over 4 units.  @Theo Hicks that number seems pretty high.  Check out the different trash services I called Best Way Disposal and Republic Services, both were cheaper than Rumpke.  Both companies will recommend having a dumpster (all different sizes to buy) and it is more cost effective than having the garbage toters. 

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2008 · 319 posts · 243 votes
    10y

    Kitty's sports bar if you are looking for a mom n pop sports bar/dive type place.

    To further Jared's suggestion of north of i74; north of the norwood lateral, or east of 71 is probably where I would search. The areas south of there have so much block by block differences and a much higher chance of shenanigans in my opinion.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.