Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 10 votes
there seems to be numerous pre-purchase analysis software programs for creating a pro-forma for multifamily Acquisitions, available in the market. We are searching for one that is user-friendly and has a module for presentation purposes to lenders and investors as well. Thank you for your valuable feedback
Real Estate Investor · Olathe, KS · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 26 votes
10y
Josh Murr I use Property Evaluator, and it works great for me. For Multi family you really need the paid version. I have the paid version for my iPhone and Mac. I've tried others but found Property Evaluator to be the best fit for me.
Best of luck,
Chad
Josh Murr I use Property Evaluator, and it works great for me. For Multi family you really need the paid version. I have the paid version for my iPhone and Mac. I've tried others but found Property Evaluator to be the best fit for me.
@Josh Murr- How many units are the deals you are looking at? I have software that I can help you use. (for free)... Save your money.
Our target is 200+ unit,value add, B and C class. What experience do you have? We are continually looking to network with like minded people and build a portfolio through syndications.
Josh Murr I use Property Evaluator, and it works great for me. For Multi family you really need the paid version. I have the paid version for my iPhone and Mac. I've tried others but found Property Evaluator to be the best fit for me.
Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2015 · 167 posts · 90 votes
10y
I use the property evaluator iphone app (paid version). I really like it. It makes it super easy to just punch in the numbers quick on a property and get a decent look at the returns and make a quick yay/nay. But if you are interested in a property it has a ton of stuff you can plug into it for an in depth analysis. You can then email the full report with pics and all to whoever you like.
Investor · Monrovia, CA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
10y
Hi, I am looking for software that will help me evaluate not just the acquisition of a 35 unit apartment building, but also help me with the renovation pro-forma. Can anyone make recommendations? I have been using a Rich Dad Cash on cash return on investment excel sheet - but it doesn't allow for extended yearly projections with renovations and increases in rent. Thanks!
Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 147 posts · 73 votes
10y
I have used Michael Blank deal analyzer for almost two years now and is fantastic. Easy to use and extremely detailed. Good for using with investors and banks. Has all the information they can ask for.
I've used free software in the past but found the most value from the deal analyzer. I think you can find it on themichaelblank.com
Not sure if there's a YouTube clip or something that gives you a snapshot of it, but it's been good for me.
Best wishes.
Buy-and-Hold Rental Investor · Santa Fe, NM · Member since 2015 · 438 posts · 352 votes
10y
I'm also looking for one that handles massive initial rehab and then rent increases well. For example, with kicking everyone out in he first 90 days and doing a complete rehab.
Joe Fairless says he used Landlords Cashflow Analyzer, www.rentalsoftware.com, but it can't seem to handle that. ($129; Excel-based.) The IPad apps aren't detailed enough either.
Rental Property Investor · Southport, CT · Member since 2008 · 160 posts · 137 votes
10y
FYI -- In addition to the $495 Professional Edition that Michael mentioned, my company realdata.com offers a $159 Express Edition which is geared more toward multi-family property. It includes a both a year-by-year mode (10 years); and a month-by-month mode (24 months) designed with re-habbers in mind. Also has a Quick Analysis mode for back-of-the-envelope first pass. It does not have the 20-year commercial lease analysis and partnership analysis available in the Pro Edition, as well as some other more advanced features. Hope this clarifies.