Syndication Pitch Book/Pitch Deck Examples

Syndication Pitch Book/Pitch Deck Examples

Buy-and-Hold Rental Investor · Santa Fe, NM · Member since 2015 · 438 posts · 352 votes

Anyone want to share their "pitch book" with the public? I'm talking about the 15-page or so pitch deck for your multifamily syndication business that you use to initially show to brokers, lenders and potential investors to get them excited about you and your deals? Jake and Gino have one you can download from their site, but it wasn't like the pitch decks I've seen for non-real estate investments; it's a little cartoonish and didn't make me want to become an investor with them. (Just my opinion, and no disrespect meant: J&G are doing other great things to help multifamily investors.)

I'm working on one; I promise to share it once it's complete, but I need more examples I can use as models. 

2Reply
429 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor/Broker · Irving, TX · Member since 2015 · 520 posts · 263 votes
9y
Nice thread - I have one that I put together. Feel free to drop me a note and I'll send it your way. It's essentially a business plan with a sample deal that portrayed the projected returns for my investors.
See this reply in the discussion

93 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Marc C. I'm interested in seeing others' examples. I do not have anything I can share publicly. You might want to consider reaching out to experienced syndicators on BP and asking if you can see pitch decks from closed deals. That way they're not soliciting you w/o a pre-existing relationship, and you still get to look at their work. 

    On that topic, you should consider reading Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff. Link to Amazon

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 118 votes
    9y

    Hi @Marc C.,

    Our "pitchbook" tends to be anywhere from 5-10 pages and we each one is deal specific.  We find that our investors prefer to see deal specific details as opposed to a long presentation talking about the company, strategy, etc.    Of course we cover some of that, but that's usually one page towards the end of the book. 

    It sounds like you may be looking for something more like this:  www.synergypgh.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Investment-Presentation.pptx

    We've started using an analyst that we found at www.upwork.com to put together our deal pitchbooks.  We pay a few hundred dollars for a professional quality pitchbook with the financials and that has been money well spent.

  • Buy-and-Hold Rental Investor · Santa Fe, NM · Member since 2015 · 438 posts · 352 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Hi @Marc C.,

    It sounds like you may be looking for something more like this:  www.synergypgh.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Investment-Presentation.pptx

    Thanks...that's similar to what I'm thinking. But more about the whys/hows of real estate and their specific market. 

    I agree: Pitch deck to a specific deal is the ultimate goal, but in the mean time, I need something to just show lenders, potential investors and others in the industry so it sounds like we know what we're talking about. Perhaps with a sample property of the type we are seeking.  

  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 362 posts · 93 votes
    9y

    This is definitely an important step to learn and I hope to pick up a few pointers from your PP @Account Closed. Thank you for providing this to the community. One day, I would like to syndicate a deal amongst people I know very well to kickstart my RE portfolio as well as provide them with great returns.

  • Real Estate Investor/Broker · Irving, TX · Member since 2015 · 520 posts · 263 votes
    9y
    Nice thread - I have one that I put together. Feel free to drop me a note and I'll send it your way. It's essentially a business plan with a sample deal that portrayed the projected returns for my investors.
  • Buy-and-Hold Rental Investor · Santa Fe, NM · Member since 2015 · 438 posts · 352 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Mark Allen:

    Nice thread - I have one that I put together. Feel free to drop me a note and I'll send it your way. It's essentially a business plan with a sample deal that portrayed the projected returns for my investors.

    Thanks, Mark! Sounds like exactly what I was thinking. I PM'ed you and look forward to seeing it. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 16 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen Hi Mark can you send it to me too?

  • Lender · Queens, NY · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen would love a copy sample of your pitchbook as well. Can you please send to me?

  • Pittsburg, CA · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen Also very interested in this sample.  Would very much appreciate a copy as well.

  • West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen could you please provide a sample for me also? Thank you!!!

  • Fayetteville, GA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen  I would also like to receive a sample for me also. Thank you so much.  

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen I would also be very interested recieving a copy. Much appreciated!

  • Investor · Villa Rica, GA · Member since 2015 · 146 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    @mark allen can you also send me a copy of your pitch

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen If you don't mind sending me a copy as well. Thank you! Very generous of you to share!!

  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @mark allen I'd love a copy as well.  Thanks so much for your support of the BP community!

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen I would also love a copy - thanks!

  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 58 posts · 25 votes
    9y

    @Mark Allen I too would love to see an example.  Much appreciated!

  • Syndicator · Glenview, IL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Mark, thanks for offering to share your pitchbook. I would love a copy too!

  • Investor · New Britain, PA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    @Mark Allen - I would welcome the opportunity to review your plan/pitch deck.

  • Investor · Valley Stream, NY · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    @Mark Allen would love a copy sample of your pitchbook as well. Can you please send to me?

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Mark Allen looks like you hit a goldmine for demand! If the offer still stands, I’d love to see an example as well.
  • Michael DangPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 454 posts · 273 votes
    8y
    @Mark Allen Hopefully, this gold mine is still producing. If the offer is still good then, could I get a copy?
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2010 · 377 posts · 56 votes
    8y
    Happy to share mine I made from using Word and Excel. It was to present a 22 unit multifamily apartment. Package is clean, nothing fancy and is a little over 20 pages. Not sure how to share here so PM me if you'd like it, thank you.
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2010 · 377 posts · 56 votes
    8y
    Mark Allen can you please share your copy? Thank you sir!
  • Rental Property Investor · North Little Rock, AR · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    @Mark Allen @Tony Nguyen Thanks for providing such value to hungry investors, if it's not too late, I'd like to get one of your copies. Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.