Rural Multifamily, who is doing it?

Rural Multifamily, who is doing it?

Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes

My question is simple. Who is investing in rural America, why are you doing it and what is your experience? Is it your longterm goal or is it a temporary goal to achieve cash flow?

Lets define rural America as towns of less than 20k population without a major metro within 15 miles. 

I will start by saying that I am one of these investors. I have 23 units (a 3, 4, and 16 unit) in a rural town of 15k population. Overall, my experience has been fantastic from the perspective of stability, modest rent growth and long-term tenants. It amazed me how many people thought I was crazy for buying into the small town, but the cash flow and ability to find sellers who are willing to get creative on closing has offered the ability to scale with minimal funds available. 

I have also found that the lack of other options in many of these towns has positioned me to easily be viewed as one of the more or most professional management companies. Its common to only have a few available rental units on the market in the entire town for rent at a given time. 

My preference is to expand to larger markets, and I have added an 8 unit into a larger market which has also been a very positive experience.

My frustration has been getting more opportunities in larger markets that offer decent cash flow via purchasing around an 8cap. My ideal property is $1m to $2m right now. There seems to be a regular flow of opportunities in these smaller towns that I can get a 10cap or 12cap on, solid properties that I can depend on longterm, and provide me with cashflow. 

The biggest con is obviously the microeconomic risks are more acutely affected by changes in employment by one of the local major employers and the issue of lack of opportunity for appreciation since there arent tons of buyers on the market for these assets. 

Would love to get others feedback on their opinion of these smaller towns a long term or short term strategy. 

21Reply
473 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 8 votes
7y

I've done all kinds of investing, including rural investing in some apartment complexes.  The properties tend to offer decent returns and sometimes it is easier to get a deal.  I'm about to sell a 16 unit apartment complex about 25 miles from Waco TX, so meets your definition.  Town is Marlin, TX, about 6,000 people for an amazing price--$399,000 or less than 25K a unit.  It would be a 10+ cap rate.  All units are 2-1.5 townhouse config at about 1000sqft each.  It stays fully rented most of the time until a move out and then it will fill back up.  There is one lady that has been in it 20+ years...  It would be hard to find a deal like this in current markets in a bigger town...  So that is a real deal to answer your question--so smaller towns offer opportunities out there that aren't in bigger ones.  There is some risk to the things you mentioned like large employer closing, etc but at the end of the day, if the size of property is smaller, there is probably always a tenant.

See this reply in the discussion

101 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    7y

    The smaller towns can take a beating in the next economic downturn. They simply do not have the resources larger towns do to bounce back.  If main employer goes out then I have seen workers flee to other areas before to find work so they can live. The local owners then have infighting to keep occupancy up and rents tend to flatten or even reduce some.

    They are hard for resale as the local investor tends to be the buyers and they hold local portfolios for generational assets.

    Most of my clients that buy really big properties want major metro's if not urban core then at least strong suburban close to the major airport within a 45 minute drive generally.

    Strong suburban 1 to 2 million dollar type properties are hard to find. Most properties are much larger than that. With the rents today building new development for anything not hundreds of units is hard to pencil unless super high rents per door in an affluent suburban or urban core area. There is lot's of demand for low to middle income housing but hardly any money in it for developers to build it which is why a lot of class A is going up or senior housing where the development cost can be justified.

    Personally I do not want to own in rural towns. I would rather go higher in price for better dirt value long term over potential higher cash flow going in but taking on more systemic market risk.     

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joel Florek:

    My question is simple. Who is investing in rural America, why are you doing it and what is your experience? Is it your longterm goal or is it a temporary goal to achieve cash flow?

    Lets define rural America as towns of less than 20k population without a major metro within 15 miles. 

    I will start by saying that I am one of these investors. I have 23 units (a 3, 4, and 16 unit) in a rural town of 15k population. Overall, my experience has been fantastic from the perspective of stability, modest rent growth and long-term tenants. It amazed me how many people thought I was crazy for buying into the small town, but the cash flow and ability to find sellers who are willing to get creative on closing has offered the ability to scale with minimal funds available. 

    I have also found that the lack of other options in many of these towns has positioned me to easily be viewed as one of the more or most professional management companies. Its common to only have a few available rental units on the market in the entire town for rent at a given time. 

    My preference is to expand to larger markets, and I have added an 8 unit into a larger market which has also been a very positive experience.

    My frustration has been getting more opportunities in larger markets that offer decent cash flow via purchasing around an 8cap. My ideal property is $1m to $2m right now. There seems to be a regular flow of opportunities in these smaller towns that I can get a 10cap or 12cap on, solid properties that I can depend on longterm, and provide me with cashflow. 

    The biggest con is obviously the microeconomic risks are more acutely affected by changes in employment by one of the local major employers and the issue of lack of opportunity for appreciation since there arent tons of buyers on the market for these assets. 

    Would love to get others feedback on their opinion of these smaller towns a long term or short term strategy. 

    So, maybe look for towns not reliant on a single employer and/or an unstable industry. There are lots of towns like that to be found out there. Cool post. Made me remember how many different angles there are in this business. Yes, you might be the seller willing to offer creative terms to the next owner in the future - lol.

  • Rental Property Investor · Albany, NY · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 42 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joel Florek:
    Originally posted by @Shamus Wheeler:

    @Joel Florek

    Thank you for making this post! I have had the same thoughts/strategy as you (although you are ahead of me in implementation).

    I am purchasing a 4-unit in rural America (10k population, very isolated from major metro) and hope to purchase 20 units by the end of this year. I chose this strategy for the same reasons you mentioned; cashflow, creative financing, and being the big fish property manager in a small pond. My goal is to cut my teeth in real estate investing with this rural portfolio and then potentially move into other markets as well. It helps that this market is my hometown, so I know many people there (instant network).

    I have two thoughts about my potential long term strategy. The first would be to move to a larger market to get exposure to appreciating assets, which it sounds like you are doing. The second, and potentially more interesting, would be to find other small towns that have similar characteristics to my current area, but are completely uncorrelated (different state, industries, etc.). This would provide some diversification to protect against local employer risk. A multifamily portfolio in 3-4 rural areas seems like would generate cashflow long term and protect against risk (other than the trend of people moving to larger metro areas). 

    I would love to hear about your plans for your 23 units in the rural town. Are you planning to hold them long term? Are you going to try to sell them as a portfolio? Or something else? 

     Love your plan! I am happy that I was able to pick up a good deal to get an 8 unit in a large metro of about 500k to diversify out of my small town a bit. Hopefully, I can keep that up with a few more deals in the coming years. 

    Ultimately my goal is to have own a few 100 to 200 unit complexes (total to 400 doors) that can cash flow $200 a door. With that said my 23 units likely wont make too much sense for me to hold forever. However, I do plan to hang onto them until I own assets that make the small portfolio a hassle. Hopefully, that can happen in 5 years, but if it takes 10, 15 or 20 years I am ok with that. My wife and I get to live a fun life these days and it will surely get better as we pick up a few more properties. Luckily when you start young time is on your side. Ive got 40 years of playing this game until I am 65 so slow and steady wins the race as I look at it. 

     Love it! Looks like we have the same long term goals as well! Trade up assets along the way. I'm also 40 years away from 65, so I'll see you there! Good luck! 

  • Developer · NY/NJ/PA · Member since 2018 · 758 posts · 935 votes
    7y

    Unless it’s a 15 cap I see no reason to buy in a rural city. Small markets like that aren’t a “safe” bet in the long term. My rentals are for long term holds, 20+ years. Not for a 5 year exit. 

    I buy in a 100k population city or suburbs of a main city. My last 2 acquisitions were a real 12 cap and a 9.85 cap.

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brian Ploszay:

    @Joel Florek   Some of those smaller towns will not have new competition, meaning no new apartment stock is likely to be built.  For me, one of the downsides is logistics - I don't have time to drive more than 45 minutes to a property.

     Scale is important to build some systems around the business. For me, the 23 units I have are more than 400 miles away. I go up every other month to check on the portfolio, meet with my banker, and take care of some projects. Might spend 2 to 4 days working in the town. My parents lives about 75miles away so my wife, daughter and I stay with them. Ill drive to the properties and spend 8 to 10 hours working while my wife and daughter get to visit. Ends up being a great vacation for us and keeps us close to family. My resident manager opens doors for showings, meets contractors, does weekly drive bys of each property to ensure things look clean and as they should. I still manage all the leasing remotely, pay bills and record rent checks. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Kyle Kleiman:
    @Joel Florek If you are absorbing some of the typical PM roles, what are you paying them? My first concern with this type of strategy was PM as well, but it sounds like you have it covered. I grew up 45 minutes away from Iron Mountain in Escanaba, so I find this whole thread especially interesting. How has your experience with contractors been up there? I figure there are probably quite a few in the area but some may not be quite as reliable. I sent you a PM request, would love to chat further!

     Great question. They pay $290 a month for rent in a unit where other long-term tenants pay $680. They mow the lawn at one of the 3 properties in the town, clean the common areas when needed, salt and snowblow the walkways during a storms. As mentioned they also answer maintenance calls for me, call contractors to get the issues resolved and do showings for me when I schedule them. They also drop of rent checks at the local bank for the tenants who dont use computers. I can view the checks online to record who paid, how much and when. They are retired and love having something to do. Since they never travel too far it works out really well. 

    With respect to contractors, I have established the following: plumbing, HVAC, painting, lawns(for other properties), plowing, electrician(never needed), and I use Home Depot to deliver new appliances and take away old ones. For bigger projects, I still take those on myself. Eventually, I will hire them out but I will hand over my weekly property management duties before I let go of the capital improvement projects. I save a lot of money and hassle getting my hands dirty and do enjoy the work. Helps me understand what is going well or not well with the properties and plan for the future. Its my sweat equity. I have standard paint colors, flooring, and other things which makes the process easy for me. I picked up a small tool trailer and set it up to carry all my tools and leave room for supplies. Since I am mostly B class most of the time a tenant turn requires no cleaning or renovations unless I decide to update the unit and bump rents. Basically, emergency work gets hired out and I handle scheduled capital improvements. During winter I only need to do a few minor projects so I will only get my hands dirty for about 3 or 4 days from Dec through April. When we have warmer weather and see more turnover I usually spend 3 or 4 days a month getting my hands dirty. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Joel Florek:

    My question is simple. Who is investing in rural America, why are you doing it and what is your experience? Is it your longterm goal or is it a temporary goal to achieve cash flow?

    Lets define rural America as towns of less than 20k population without a major metro within 15 miles. 

    I will start by saying that I am one of these investors. I have 23 units (a 3, 4, and 16 unit) in a rural town of 15k population. Overall, my experience has been fantastic from the perspective of stability, modest rent growth and long-term tenants. It amazed me how many people thought I was crazy for buying into the small town, but the cash flow and ability to find sellers who are willing to get creative on closing has offered the ability to scale with minimal funds available. 

    I have also found that the lack of other options in many of these towns has positioned me to easily be viewed as one of the more or most professional management companies. Its common to only have a few available rental units on the market in the entire town for rent at a given time. 

    My preference is to expand to larger markets, and I have added an 8 unit into a larger market which has also been a very positive experience.

    My frustration has been getting more opportunities in larger markets that offer decent cash flow via purchasing around an 8cap. My ideal property is $1m to $2m right now. There seems to be a regular flow of opportunities in these smaller towns that I can get a 10cap or 12cap on, solid properties that I can depend on longterm, and provide me with cashflow. 

    The biggest con is obviously the microeconomic risks are more acutely affected by changes in employment by one of the local major employers and the issue of lack of opportunity for appreciation since there arent tons of buyers on the market for these assets. 

    Would love to get others feedback on their opinion of these smaller towns a long term or short term strategy. 

    So, maybe look for towns not reliant on a single employer and/or an unstable industry. There are lots of towns like that to be found out there. Cool post. Made me remember how many different angles there are in this business. Yes, you might be the seller willing to offer creative terms to the next owner in the future - lol.

     I have actually thought a lot about that and have a short list of other investors who I like that I would be willing to offer a seller 2nd on to take over my portfolio should I need to make a change in my life quickly. Thinking through the exit strategy is a bit more important I think. 

  • Gorham, ME · Member since 2018 · 280 posts · 186 votes
    7y

    @Joel Florek I have an 11 unit in a town of 3,500 but is 25 min to the closest metropolitan area in Maine. I’ve found my sweet spot up here are these rural mill town areas within 30-40 min from metro areas. The properties are cheap, creative financing is possible, they all rent quick, and the landlords being inexperienced has helped. I use a management company from the local metro area that does all these small towns because they are able to do it well. My 11 unit has one turnover right now and I’m glad the tenant is out. It was one that was inherited and now I’m able to clean it up and increase my rent.

  • Developer · Santa Monica, CA · Member since 2018 · 46 posts · 58 votes
    7y

    @Joel Florek

    Thank you so much for sharing this information. Sometimes the advice that these types of situations don’t work is coming from people who don’t even own property! The fear-mongers who instill negative situational happenings... thank you for the positive light - love what your doing. Would love to connect with you!

  • Gorham, ME · Member since 2018 · 280 posts · 186 votes
    7y

    The other thing to note in these areas is Appreciation is not a given. I buy based on cash flow.   My goal is to keep reinvesting into my business with all profits put in. Once I hit 100-150 doors I want to pay off a lot of the low hanging fruit to create more cash flow and do it again.  Long term hold in these rural areas is my plan but may not be yours. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 52 votes
    7y

    @Joel Florek I have a 16 unit property in a town of 3,000. It's about 20 minutes from a large metro and 40-45 min from the major airport. The town is experiencing some growth with new development in the area and people are getting priced out of the metro and having to commute. Currently, our tenant base is mostly retirees and service workers in the local area. We are rehabbing units as they become available and going after a younger crowd that can't afford the city. 

    The day we closed, we had an offer from a local investor to buy our place. The plan is to get the rents up to market while providing more value to the residents so they stay for a long while. Similar to what you have experienced, there are no vacancies anywhere around us. 

  • Investor · Avilla, IN · Member since 2013 · 796 posts · 769 votes
    7y

    @Joel Florek

    I live in NE Indiana and have 63 units in smaller towns.

    16 unit in Auburn which has a 13k population.

    12 unit in Angola...8.6k pop college town

    30 units (lots of smaller properties) in Kendallville 10k

    Other 5 units are in smaller towns.

    It’s been good. I self manage at this point. Never have an issue filling a vacancy. It’s all about bringing a good product to the marketplace in my opinion.

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Sara Martin:

    @Joel Florek

    Thank you so much for sharing this information. Sometimes the advice that these types of situations don’t work is coming from people who don’t even own property! The fear-mongers who instill negative situational happenings... thank you for the positive light - love what your doing. Would love to connect with you!

     We are all guilty at times of talking about things we dont have experience doing as if we are experts. Was hoping to hear stories from people investing in rural areas and it's turned into a great thread! Would love to connect and talk more.

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Hicks:

    @Joel Florek

    I live in NE Indiana and have 63 units in smaller towns.

    16 unit in Auburn which has a 13k population.

    12 unit in Angola...8.6k pop college town

    30 units (lots of smaller properties) in Kendallville 10k

    Other 5 units are in smaller towns.

    It’s been good. I self manage at this point. Never have an issue filling a vacancy. It’s all about bringing a good product to the marketplace in my opinion.

     We have to meet up at some point for a networking session. Sounds like I could do some good learning from you! What are your average rents and unit make up?

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Derek Gibbs:

    @Joel Florek I have a 16 unit property in a town of 3,000. It's about 20 minutes from a large metro and 40-45 min from the major airport. The town is experiencing some growth with new development in the area and people are getting priced out of the metro and having to commute. Currently, our tenant base is mostly retirees and service workers in the local area. We are rehabbing units as they become available and going after a younger crowd that can't afford the city. 

    The day we closed, we had an offer from a local investor to buy our place. The plan is to get the rents up to market while providing more value to the residents so they stay for a long while. Similar to what you have experienced, there are no vacancies anywhere around us. 

     Great work and best of luck with the project! Hopefully you share a success story on the project in the coming year!

  • Investor · Avilla, IN · Member since 2013 · 796 posts · 769 votes
    7y

    @Joel Florek

    My 12 unit is all 1 beds...$495’ish average.

    My 16 is all 2 beds...$475-525 when I bought it...now it’s $525-625. The lower range units are about to see another small bump.

    I have a lot of duplexes (9) in Kendallville that are 1’s and 2’s. Rents are $500-575. Mid range for the market.

    Where are your properties located?

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Hicks:

    @Joel Florek

    My 12 unit is all 1 beds...$495’ish average.

    My 16 is all 2 beds...$475-525 when I bought it...now it’s $525-625. The lower range units are about to see another small bump.

    I have a lot of duplexes (9) in Kendallville that are 1’s and 2’s. Rents are $500-575. Mid range for the market.

    Where are your properties located?

     Right now I have 8 in South Bend IN which is a larger market obviously. The other 23 are in Iron Mountain MI. looking at some smaller towns in Indiana though that have some interesting opportunities right now. 

  • Marcus LongPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Leawood, KS · Member since 2016 · 102 posts · 104 votes
    7y

    @Joel Florek Thanks for starting this thread. We often hear and read about those investing in urban areas and not as much about the rural areas. While I currently live near Denver, I am originally from Northeast Missouri and that is where we primarily invest (currently). Partially because some of my partners and I are geographically dispersed, but we are all familiar with that area. We currently only own SFH and Duplexes, but are looking at some Multi-Family options. The areas we currently invest in range from 2.5K-18K population. As many other have mentioned, there are certainly challenges associated with available contractors, property management, etc in some of the smaller areas. There is certainly no short of demand for people looking for houses to rent in rural Missouri. We just have to be disciplined with our analysis to ensure we focus on properties that will cash flow with what they are willing to pay for rent. Thanks again as I have really enjoyed reading the content on this thread!

    Cheers,
    Marcus

  • Podcaster & Multi-Family Apartment Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 273 posts · 138 votes
    7y

    @Joel Florek

    Approximately 200 of my 600 units are in rural communities just like you are saying.

    We did it because we were chasing returns for our investors. About 150 of the 200 are doing great (but read below) and about 50 of the 200 are a headache!

    We have learned over time that it’s not worth it to chase returns and sacrifice notable cities.

    Others have found success in these areas but we are absolutely done. Cities over 100,000 population for now on!

    Hope this helps!

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Adam Adams:

    @Joel Florek

    Approximately 200 of my 600 units are in rural communities just like you are saying.

    We did it because we were chasing returns for our investors. About 150 of the 200 are doing great (but read below) and about 50 of the 200 are a headache!

    We have learned over time that it’s not worth it to chase returns and sacrifice notable cities.

    Others have found success in these areas but we are absolutely done. Cities over 100,000 population for now on!

    Hope this helps!

     Great to hear from someone who has scaled up to the big leagues and understand where your focus is moving forward. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Joel Florek

    @Joel FlorekA lot of interesting perspectives here. Although diversification should play a very important role in any asset portfolio, I too aim for cash flow. For now, at least. 

    You said you were looking to invest in cities of 100K + population - great stability in the long run, potential for appreciation, higher diversity of employment sectors, etc. Have you thought about investing in cities, or parts of cities that can generate the same ROI that rural properties would? I'm looking at such options, but a have been stuck in over analyzing things for quite some time now.

    I'm located in the North East, and some cities that interest me are Trenton NJ, Wilmington DE and surrounding areas, some parts of Philadelphia, and Baltimore. What worries me, is that the population in such cities seems to be decreasing, or constantly fluctuating. Further, the crime level seems to be high, and market prices are fluctuating significantly. I drove through neighborhoods there, and what I saw was very alarming and packed with uncertainty. There have been many instances, where there are blocks with new/updated row homes that look beautiful. You make 1 turn onto a different street, and the neighborhood and the building wound't even be classified as a D. It looks like a war zone, with brick building falling apart, baseboard on the windows, and so on. On one hand, more investors could come into such neighborhoods, and re-develop them like they already did to adjacent ones. However, what if the nice ones are destroyed as well? The asset would be worthless, and become just a property tax liability. 

    This makes me think, when aiming for cashflow, what option would be smarter to pursue, rural or what I described above. Would love your input. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joshua Lidberg:

    @Joel Florek

    @Joel FlorekA lot of interesting perspectives here. Although diversification should play a very important role in any asset portfolio, I too aim for cash flow. For now, at least. 

    You said you were looking to invest in cities of 100K + population - great stability in the long run, potential for appreciation, higher diversity of employment sectors, etc. Have you thought about investing in cities, or parts of cities that can generate the same ROI that rural properties would? I'm looking at such options, but a have been stuck in over analyzing things for quite some time now.

    I'm located in the North East, and some cities that interest me are Trenton NJ, Wilmington DE and surrounding areas, some parts of Philadelphia, and Baltimore. What worries me, is that the population in such cities seems to be decreasing, or constantly fluctuating. Further, the crime level seems to be high, and market prices are fluctuating significantly. I drove through neighborhoods there, and what I saw was very alarming and packed with uncertainty. There have been many instances, where there are blocks with new/updated row homes that look beautiful. You make 1 turn onto a different street, and the neighborhood and the building wound't even be classified as a D. It looks like a war zone, with brick building falling apart, baseboard on the windows, and so on. On one hand, more investors could come into such neighborhoods, and re-develop them like they already did to adjacent ones. However, what if the nice ones are destroyed as well? The asset would be worthless, and become just a property tax liability. 

    This makes me think, when aiming for cashflow, what option would be smarter to pursue, rural or what I described above. Would love your input. 

     War zones are not my thing. If I don't feel safe leaving a locked tool trailer overnight then I don't want to invest there. That said most big cities just don't cut it for me because its either lower cash on cash returns or move to more dangerous neighborhoods. 

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    i am a wholesaler for a duplex in Waco Texas. 
    its $2200 monthly rent only for $190k. 
    please let me know if interested 
    pazminoclever
    @
    gmail.com
    Originally posted by @Brent Sagissor:

    I've done all kinds of investing, including rural investing in some apartment complexes.  The properties tend to offer decent returns and sometimes it is easier to get a deal.  I'm about to sell a 16 unit apartment complex about 25 miles from Waco TX, so meets your definition.  Town is Marlin, TX, about 6,000 people for an amazing price--$399,000 or less than 25K a unit.  It would be a 10+ cap rate.  All units are 2-1.5 townhouse config at about 1000sqft each.  It stays fully rented most of the time until a move out and then it will fill back up.  There is one lady that has been in it 20+ years...  It would be hard to find a deal like this in current markets in a bigger town...  So that is a real deal to answer your question--so smaller towns offer opportunities out there that aren't in bigger ones.  There is some risk to the things you mentioned like large employer closing, etc but at the end of the day, if the size of property is smaller, there is probably always a tenant.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northeast (NJ DE, PA) · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 19 votes
    4y

    @Joel Florek Great post! I was wondering if you could share your lender info? I’ve found it extremely difficult to find a lender who will put a mortgage on a multi family property that’s appraised as rural. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.