Growing business as a reliable General Contractor Columbus, Ohio

Growing business as a reliable General Contractor Columbus, Ohio

Contractor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 49 posts · 20 votes

I am really looking to grow my business as a general contractor. I want to move away from the smaller 100k ARV homes and more toward the luxury homes or full rehabs that have a ARV of half million dollars. We only do quality work and we are keep meeting investors that want more General Contractor for less money. We are a reliable company that get jobs done timely and within budget. Looking for advice or ways to find investors that do luxury flipps?

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Robert EllisBusiness Member
Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
Originally posted by @Juhriah Smith:

I am really looking to grow my business as a general contractor. I want to move away from the smaller 100k ARV homes and more toward the luxury homes or full rehabs that have a ARV of half million dollars. We only do quality work and we are keep meeting investors that want more General Contractor for less money. We are a reliable company that get jobs done timely and within budget. Looking for advice or ways to find investors that do luxury flipps?

 hey todd my advice is to get more involved in the realtor meetings and into areas like new albany, upper arlington, bexley, etc. New construction especially. but i hear people are picky in those price ranges of columbus! lol 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Teaneck, NJ · Member since 2016 · 567 posts · 291 votes
    7y

    @Juhriah Smith I think you are in the right place here on Bigger Pockets and this is a good introduction post. I would add where (State/City) you are currently working and looking for additional projects.

    It would also help if you put you website in your signature, and add a few of your completed projects on that website for investors to see.

  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Juhriah Smith I would be happy to help. I grew my building company to $30 million in 7 years. Let’s connect offline.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I'd market to people who just bought property in places like Clintonville, OTE, King Lincoln etc , where the $/sq is lower than average for that area, or auctions and foreclosures...  This means they bought a neglected house that likely needs a lot of work, and may not have a good contractor yet.  They might be investor flippers, but they might also be normal homeowners. 

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Account Closed Get linked up with the top agents in the market you want to be in. Can you define luxure flips?...people aren't flipping in New Albany...maybe you want to focus on remodels on high-end homes...

    Investors are hard to work with...most are inexperienced and want it all for bottom dollar...

    I would start by looking at all the flips in the market...reverse engineer the deals and locate how is doing what...that's a good start.

    If you truly are a good contractor, you will have more work than you can handle. You're involved in a tough business. 

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Juhriah Smith:

    I am really looking to grow my business as a general contractor. I want to move away from the smaller 100k ARV homes and more toward the luxury homes or full rehabs that have a ARV of half million dollars. We only do quality work and we are keep meeting investors that want more General Contractor for less money. We are a reliable company that get jobs done timely and within budget. Looking for advice or ways to find investors that do luxury flipps?

     hey todd my advice is to get more involved in the realtor meetings and into areas like new albany, upper arlington, bexley, etc. New construction especially. but i hear people are picky in those price ranges of columbus! lol 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.