Hey everyone! Young perspective investor here.

Hey everyone! Young perspective investor here.

Rental Property Investor · Davie, FL · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 12 votes

Hi everyone!

My name is Aaron Amarant and I’m 17 years old.

I’ve been studying real estate investing for a few month now, but have always been around some larger commercial investors (because my dad is one).

My experience is still limited and that is why I’m here.

I am looking to dive into my first rental property (mainly multi-tenant) after I turn 18 and get my real estate license.

I’m from the Broward area and would love to get to know some people on here!

2Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Miami FL 33137 · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 29 votes
6y

Aaron, I'm a young real estate investor here in Upstate New York, I just turned 20 years old last month and purchased my first duplex back when I was 19 so I definitely understand the struggles as I faced them myself. Most traditional banks require two years full time employment, however there are lenders out there that will give you a mortgage with less than 2 years of full time employment. 

In my market, multi family properties are definitely more advantageous to investors due to low prices and high rent relative to the cost of the property, however I'm not familiar with your area so I would not be able to answer that question for you.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions as I just went through what you are about to go through last year.

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Eric GoldmanBusiness Member
    Lender · PA · Member since 2019 · 359 posts · 192 votes
    6y

    meet ups is where i started. Easy and most are free. just be diligent about nonsense people. Great to see a young entrepreneur! 

    G2loans- Investor and Commercial Mortgages531 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Davie, FL · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Eric Goldman

    Thanks! Plan on going to a bunch just get a general feel for my local area.

  • Developer · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Hi everyone!

    My name is Aaron Amarant and I’m 17 years old.

    I’ve been studying real estate investing for a few month now, but have always been around some larger commercial investors (because my dad is one).

    My experience is still limited and that is why I’m here.

    I am looking to dive into my first rental property (mainly multi-tenant) after I turn 18 and get my real estate license.

    I’m from the Broward area and would love to get to know some people on here!

    Aaron,

    Kudos to you for thinking of real estate investing at such an early age. I can see your father's influence on you. I was thinking of parties and girls when I was 17 - not real estate investing :)

    You are on the right track with "house hacking" and finding a job to support yourself and get a mortgage. The only thing I would add is to house-hack not a single family home but a 2-unit or 4-unit building. If that's not possible, then house-hack a 4-bedroom house and rent the other 3 bedrooms to roommates.

    By doing so - you live rent-free/mortgage-free and maybe have some cash leftover - and more importantly, gain experience in landlording/ property management.

  • Rental Property Investor · Davie, FL · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Michael Ealy

    Thanks for the response! I agree with going for a multi family over a single family, especially for house hacking. The issue is that there simply aren’t many multi family style homes where I live, or at least I’m not good at finding them lol.

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Aaron Amarant

    Hey Aaron!! I’m new to real estate investing as well and also stay in the Broward area!! I’m looking for people starting out like I am so we could help each other along the way. Message me sometime and we could see if we can connect one day? Have a great night!!

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Account Closed Welcome to BP!

    Another tip: Learn a ton from your Dad. 

    I know you might think he's NOT cool. But he is! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Hi everyone!

    My name is Aaron Amarant and I’m 17 years old.

    I’ve been studying real estate investing for a few month now, but have always been around some larger commercial investors (because my dad is one).

    My experience is still limited and that is why I’m here.

    I am looking to dive into my first rental property (mainly multi-tenant) after I turn 18 and get my real estate license.

    I’m from the Broward area and would love to get to know some people on here!

     Welcome aboard Aaron.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Seattle WA | Miami FL &|Ft. Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    Hey Aaron, I just messaged you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.