Moving to Columbus with capital to put to work!

Moving to Columbus with capital to put to work!

Developer · Eugene, OR · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 30 votes

Hello,

I’ll be relocating to Columbus with my family in the coming months, and I’m looking to connect with active investors who are currently flipping or building. I have capital I’d like to put to work, but I’m also looking to establish cash flow as I get settled. I’m weighing whether to take on a job initially to gain stability and build local relationships, or dive straight into development — ideally, I’d like to find a path that allows for a bit of both.

If you or someone you know is actively doing deals and could use help managing projects, or needs capital to get the next one off the ground, I’d love to connect.

7Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Architect · Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 3 votes
1y

Hey James, I'm newish here to biggerpockets, but a Columbus Native. I've been living and working around the world for the past 10 years and just launched a small design-led development initiative here -- not a flip or BRRR play, more of a long-term, high-quality build with strong upside. If you're looking to get into something that's both thoughtful and profitable, would love to connect.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Welcome to Columbus - I actively invest in Ohio. On my BP profile you can learn more about my experience in Ohio and resources I have in the local area. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything.

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Phillips:

    Hello,

    I’ll be relocating to Columbus with my family in the coming months, and I’m looking to connect with active investors who are currently flipping or building. I have capital I’d like to put to work, but I’m also looking to establish cash flow as I get settled. I’m weighing whether to take on a job initially to gain stability and build local relationships, or dive straight into development — ideally, I’d like to find a path that allows for a bit of both.

    If you or someone you know is actively doing deals and could use help managing projects, or needs capital to get the next one off the ground, I’d love to connect.


     If you are interested in building and development, I recommend joining the Urban Land Institute, a professional organization dedicated to urban development. Many builders are part of the organization, and we have two in-person events each month.

    • Developer · Eugene, OR · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 30 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Remington Lyman:
      Quote from @James Phillips:

      Hello,

      I’ll be relocating to Columbus with my family in the coming months, and I’m looking to connect with active investors who are currently flipping or building. I have capital I’d like to put to work, but I’m also looking to establish cash flow as I get settled. I’m weighing whether to take on a job initially to gain stability and build local relationships, or dive straight into development — ideally, I’d like to find a path that allows for a bit of both.

      If you or someone you know is actively doing deals and could use help managing projects, or needs capital to get the next one off the ground, I’d love to connect.


       If you are interested in building and development, I recommend joining the Urban Land Institute, a professional organization dedicated to urban development. Many builders are part of the organization, and we have two in-person events each month.


  • Developer · Eugene, OR · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 30 votes
    1y

    Thanks for the heads up, Remington. I love the ULI, and I've devoured all their books. I'll definitely join!

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 13 votes
    1y

    Hello James, I am currently looking for a partner/private lender to work with on my first flip in Columbus.  If interested in partnering up dm me!

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Phillips:

    Hello,

    I’ll be relocating to Columbus with my family in the coming months, and I’m looking to connect with active investors who are currently flipping or building. I have capital I’d like to put to work, but I’m also looking to establish cash flow as I get settled. I’m weighing whether to take on a job initially to gain stability and build local relationships, or dive straight into development — ideally, I’d like to find a path that allows for a bit of both.

    If you or someone you know is actively doing deals and could use help managing projects, or needs capital to get the next one off the ground, I’d love to connect.

    Hi James! Currently wrapping up two flip projects as we speak (one of those flips was purchased for $80k cash and I'm flipping for $180k without any rehab)! You're definitely making the right decision moving to Columbus Ohio (I'm from Portland Oregon as well). Here in Columbus Ohio, the macroeconomics are on fire here - population growth, job growth, and companies moving and developing here. For example Intel headquarters, Google, FB, Amazon, Nationwide, Honda, Anduril, Microsoft, LG, and many more. Additionally, the price point is still cheap enough to find the 1% rule and positive cash flow and there's amazing appreciation potential. Lastly, the price point is still very cheap here in the sense that you can still find investment deals that hit the 1% rule for 120-180k! Happy to connect and answer any questions you have!

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 292 posts · 364 votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Phillips:

    Hello,

    I’ll be relocating to Columbus with my family in the coming months, and I’m looking to connect with active investors who are currently flipping or building. I have capital I’d like to put to work, but I’m also looking to establish cash flow as I get settled. I’m weighing whether to take on a job initially to gain stability and build local relationships, or dive straight into development — ideally, I’d like to find a path that allows for a bit of both.

    If you or someone you know is actively doing deals and could use help managing projects, or needs capital to get the next one off the ground, I’d love to connect.


    Hey James, I'd start with a part‑time PM role to learn the market, team up with local flippers via JV, and secure a small turnkey rental for instant cash flow. I have been investing in Columbus for nearly a decade . I'd love to share my Columbus investing playbook and learn from your experiences as well. Let's connect!

  • Architect · Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Hey James, I'm newish here to biggerpockets, but a Columbus Native. I've been living and working around the world for the past 10 years and just launched a small design-led development initiative here -- not a flip or BRRR play, more of a long-term, high-quality build with strong upside. If you're looking to get into something that's both thoughtful and profitable, would love to connect.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.