Dealing with squatters the hard way?

Dealing with squatters the hard way?

Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes

I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.

0Reply
106 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


 lol you're not willing to go through the eviction process? You're in the wrong business my man.

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    2y

    I'd start by posting a notice letting her know that she needs to vacate, a copy of the local rules stating squatting is a crime and put up no trespassing signs and see if she moves out on her own.  Tell her she has 1 week to move out.

  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Theresa Harris:

    I'd start by posting a notice letting her know that she needs to vacate, a copy of the local rules stating squatting is a crime and put up no trespassing signs and see if she moves out on her own.  Tell her she has 1 week to move out.

     It would be great if she would actually move out from this, and there is every reason to start with this. But if she ends up ignoring the notice, would the police be able (and willing) to remove her themselves? Since she is very clearly breaking the law.

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:
    Quote from @Theresa Harris:

    I'd start by posting a notice letting her know that she needs to vacate, a copy of the local rules stating squatting is a crime and put up no trespassing signs and see if she moves out on her own.  Tell her she has 1 week to move out.

     It would be great if she would actually move out from this, and there is every reason to start with this. But if she ends up ignoring the notice, would the police be able (and willing) to remove her themselves? Since she is very clearly breaking the law.


     You can call the police and ask, but often they will tell you to do an eviction.  From her perspective (assuming the best), she may know she's breaking the law, but wants to provide a place for her kids to live-doesn't make it right, but it is better than them being in the streets or a shelter.

  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    @Bruno Alhasson this will not be easy to address.

    Yes, Michigan has laws that make squatting a felony.

    PROBLEM: the police have "better things to do", so will do everything they can to avoid getting involved and claim it's a "civil matter" - meaning you have use the court system to evict them.

    If you know what you are doing and contact the Neighborhood Precinct Officer, you have about a 50/50 chance of them helping you.

    Otherwise, hire an experienced eviction attorney! DO NOT TRY TO HANDLE YOURSELF, the judges will "play" with you and drag out the eviction case.

    Feel free to DM us if you'd like to chat about it.

    Logical Property Management4.9453 Reviews
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

    My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

    I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

    Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


     Cops will not do anything (well they do not in Cleveland). Typically, I get them out in 24 hours, however you have kids involved a bt more delicate. Why would you buy it with them in? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

    My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

    I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

    Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


     lol you're not willing to go through the eviction process? You're in the wrong business my man.

  • Wendy PattonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 864 posts · 350 votes
    2y

    @Bruno Alhasson you must get an attorney!   but you can also try calling the police to see if they will do anything - if not you must use an attorney - message me if you need one 

    Michigan Real Estate Investors535 Reviews
  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Michael Smythe:

    @Bruno Alhasson this will not be easy to address.

    Yes, Michigan has laws that make squatting a felony.

    PROBLEM: the police have "better things to do", so will do everything they can to avoid getting involved and claim it's a "civil matter" - meaning you have use the court system to evict them.

    If you know what you are doing and contact the Neighborhood Precinct Officer, you have about a 50/50 chance of them helping you.

    Otherwise, hire an experienced eviction attorney! DO NOT TRY TO HANDLE YOURSELF, the judges will "play" with you and drag out the eviction case.

    Feel free to DM us if you'd like to chat about it.


     I will have to contact this Neighborhood Precinct Officer, hopefully they will be of help.

    My problem with getting an attorney and going through the eviction process is that it could take upwards of 6 months in some cases. If I would be within my rights to have them out in one day, the eviction process seems rather counterproductive. 

    From what I understand, if I take matters into my own hands, there will be no judge in the picture to drag out any case. If the locks are changed and she tries breaking in again, she can be charged with criminal tresspass. 

    I will ultimately have to consult an attorney anyway to review my options.

    Its interesting how easy it is for people to break into vacant homes and just settle in like they own the place. It's actually a bit comical when you think about it.

  • Wendy PattonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 864 posts · 350 votes
    2y

    @Bruno Alhasson that can work just fine if that person doesn't know the law - we do have squatters rights ..... go figure and how does that make sense?  anyway, contract the police first to see if they will do anything -  if not call an attorney - i can recommend one if you want - but I would recommend you follow the rules.....it's a problem in Detroit in some areas.  It's part of the biz unfortunately.  I had a tenant in a place and the writ was issued the day before the moratorium hit in Detroit for no evictions.  I couldn't evict after that even though her eviction had nothing to do with Covid. She lived there for over 2 more years!  RENT FREE!  and who did that hurt?  yep the rich landlord me while the deadbeat got to use the system.  Don't get me started....oh you did :-)

    Michigan Real Estate Investors535 Reviews
  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

    My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

    I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

    Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


     Cops will not do anything (well they do not in Cleveland). Typically, I get them out in 24 hours, however you have kids involved a bt more delicate. Why would you buy it with them in? 


     Well I knew there was a squatter and I had no issue with having to deal with this situation. I know the area like the back of my hand, it was a deal way too good to pass up.

    My problem isn't the fact that there are squatters, but more so the unreliability of the police and court. It was so bad that those bills I mentioned had to be passed in 2014.

    Also, how do you get them out in 24 hours? Does Cleveland also have similar squatter laws? Or do you take a different approach? 

  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Wendy Patton:

    @Bruno Alhasson that can work just fine if that person doesn't know the law - we do have squatters rights ..... go figure and how does that make sense?  anyway, contract the police first to see if they will do anything -  if not call an attorney - i can recommend one if you want - but I would recommend you follow the rules.....it's a problem in Detroit in some areas.  It's part of the biz unfortunately.  I had a tenant in a place and the writ was issued the day before the moratorium hit in Detroit for no evictions.  I couldn't evict after that even though her eviction had nothing to do with Covid. She lived there for over 2 more years!  RENT FREE!  and who did that hurt?  yep the rich landlord me while the deadbeat got to use the system.  Don't get me started....oh you did :-)


    Sad how much leniency there is for people who abuse the system. 

    I would appreciate an attorney recommendation. The more the merrier. The ones I've called so far have already been a pain to deal with.

  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

    My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

    I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

    Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


     lol you're not willing to go through the eviction process? You're in the wrong business my man.


     No, I'm not willing to go through the eviction process. Not in this particular situation. 

    If you've read those laws you would understand that anyone worth their weight in air will know its silly to go with the option that literally takes 100x longer, if not more.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

    My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

    I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

    Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


     lol you're not willing to go through the eviction process? You're in the wrong business my man.


     No, I'm not willing to go through the eviction process. Not in this particular situation. 

    If you've read those laws you would understand that anyone worth their weight in air will know its silly to go with the option that literally takes 100x longer, if not more.

    Oh man, this is gonna be a brutal learning curve for you. Welcome to landlording.
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

    My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

    I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

    Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


     Cops will not do anything (well they do not in Cleveland). Typically, I get them out in 24 hours, however you have kids involved a bt more delicate. Why would you buy it with them in? 


     Well I knew there was a squatter and I had no issue with having to deal with this situation. I know the area like the back of my hand, it was a deal way too good to pass up.

    My problem isn't the fact that there are squatters, but more so the unreliability of the police and court. It was so bad that those bills I mentioned had to be passed in 2014.

    Also, how do you get them out in 24 hours? Does Cleveland also have similar squatter laws? Or do you take a different approach? 


     Yes I understand the incompetence of the police out there, ,

    All the best to you 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there... ...she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan...


    Wow, someone in D-Town is breaking the law, imagine that.

    Be Careful--you don't want to get shot dead over this...

    Talk the Police and see if they will help--(in any meaningful way).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F_uyfBQ3PY

    Good Luck!

  • Sam YinPro Member
    Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2021 · 583 posts · 738 votes
    2y

    @Bruno Alhasson

    If you plan on handling this yourself quickly, by taking matters into your own hands, you should not be posting much more on the matter. This is a public forum and thus the majority, if not all, are inclined to do things the lawful way in order to avoid other legal headaches. The system is not perfect, but it's meant to be humane.

    This is your property that you paid for. Finds some friends who may be more eloquent or persuasive and ask them for assistance when you make contact. Otherwise, just deal with the red tape and beauracracy of the legal system and be patient.

    Higher often equal higher rewards, but only you know your personal risk tolerance.

  • Member since 2019 · 223 posts · 261 votes
    2y

    Go to the home to do some maintenance. If squatters are there then probably most of the electrical breakers are bad. I would remove them and order some replacements and schedule an electrician to replace them. You probably also have a water leak from the meter, so to prevent any further damage you should probably cap off the water supply until it can be restored properly. Invite a bunch of friends to the property to bbq and do some landscaping. 

  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Craig Janet:

    Go to the home to do some maintenance. If squatters are there then probably most of the electrical breakers are bad. I would remove them and order some replacements and schedule an electrician to replace them. You probably also have a water leak from the meter, so to prevent any further damage you should probably cap off the water supply until it can be restored properly. Invite a bunch of friends to the property to bbq and do some landscaping. 

    100.
  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

    My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

    I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

    Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


     lol you're not willing to go through the eviction process? You're in the wrong business my man.


     No, I'm not willing to go through the eviction process. Not in this particular situation. 

    If you've read those laws you would understand that anyone worth their weight in air will know its silly to go with the option that literally takes 100x longer, if not more.


     Some of the laws in this country is created to protect and create criminals.

    Read it again. So yes I agree with you.

  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    I have a "friend" who is a landlord in Washington, DC. He hires very large people to go in to suggest that unauthorized guests leave the premises.

    "It's moving day M-FERS!"

    I don't recommend this but it has achieved the desired results.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tom Gimer:

    I have a "friend" who is a landlord in Washington, DC. He hires very large people to go in to suggest that unauthorized guests leave the premises.

    "It's moving day M-FERS!"

    I don't recommend this but it has achieved the desired results.

    same to like what I did , that's the practical way to do when the law is used to protect criminal.
  • Member since 2023 · 243 posts · 199 votes
    2y

    1) Before doing anything else, file a police report. Do that…like now. If things go south, that’s the one of the first questions they will ask. You don’t want to reply to the judge “no because the police are incompetent and the eviction process is too slow for my preference”.

    2) In court, the neighbor can testify “I told him there were children there.” So don’t do foolish actions like physically threaten the squatters. You will be surprised what a mother will impulsively do to protect her children.

    3) Putting up a “1-week to leave” sign on the door may sound good but you have to 100% back it up. If they see nothing is done, it’s going to get a lot harder. Showing up with a bunch of swole dudes won’t cut it. Coordinate with law enforcement.

    4) Don’t like the eviction process? No one does except for attorneys. Yes, the police and the process got a reputation but you don’t want to not do it. Else, nothing gets done.

    You knew there were squatters so this is the price for a “cannot pass it up deal”. If you don’t want to do this, then it was a deal to pass up. However, you have it now.

    Overall, we do things we don’t want to do but have to do to get what we want. In reality, once it’s, done…it’s done.

  • Member since 2019 · 248 posts · 248 votes
    2y

    #1 Make sure you have insurance - make a police report just to cover your butt.  #2 Remove the electric meter and cut the grey line below the box and flush with the house... its getting cold now, they'll be gone in a couple days.  For those that will yell "Thats an illegal eviction!!" Piss off, Detroit is a lawless jungle - you need to eat or be eaten to survive here.

  • Wilburt KingPro Member
    Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 14 votes
    2y

    In Detroit, if you are the current legal owner and can prove it to the Precinct Commander at the local police office, state to them you have a person who is "trespassing in your property" and you want them removed from your property. They will assist/meet you at the property "with persistence"... and allow you to change the locks(have a locksmith ready to assist). The officers will request ID and a current lease or deed from the squatter to prove ownership. During this exchange you can change the locks to deny re-entry to the property. If the squatter returns and breaks in again now, the police have grounds to arrest them for unlawful entry. This process worked for me 1 year ago on a rental i owned and had boarded the property for 2 months prior to the squatter breaking into my property...no courts involved, just exercising current law.

  • Laveen, AZ · Member since 2016 · 584 posts · 528 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Bruno Alhasson:

    I recently bought a property in the City of Detroit from an auction, and it turns out there's a squatter there. Talked to both of the next door neighbors and apparently this lady (with kids 😮‍💨🤯) broke in and set up house only two months ago. This means that she has zero legal right to the property in any way.

    According to House Bills 5069, 5070 & 5071, squatting is a crime in Michigan. Also, I would be within my rights to get in there, change the locks and make sure she won't be able to break in again.

    My question is, do the police even enforce this? How likely is it that they'll even charge her for squatting? Better yet, would they be able to physically remove her themselves? This is the first time I've dealt with squatters so I am hoping to hear from people who've been there and done that. 

    I am not at all willing to do a cash-for-keys deal, nor am I willing to go through the eviction process (especially in the City of Detroit). Also, I have not approached the squatters yet; I will once the deed work is done. I am just planning for the worst case scenario, since people have proven to be wildly unreasonable.

    Doesnt seem like I have many options. Again, this is my first squatter situation so I would love to hear any input on how this whole situation can be handled.


     lol you're not willing to go through the eviction process? You're in the wrong business my man.


     No, I'm not willing to go through the eviction process. Not in this particular situation. 

    If you've read those laws you would understand that anyone worth their weight in air will know its silly to go with the option that literally takes 100x longer, if not more.


     Bruno my concern for you, as others have eluded to, is if you go in there all macho man and things get serious. 

    I sure would hate for some drug addict to come at you with a dirty needle, an alcoholic boyfriend take the pistol to you, and then we all see your blurred body, with the cameras zoomed on in your bloody, lifeless foot on an episode of First 48.

    I had a boyfriend get loud with my property manager on my last eviction, and this wasn't even a desperate squatter that broke in.  So if you insist on approaching them, please be careful and quiet. If they don't go voluntarily, go get a lawyer man.  There's a reason the house sold for cheap, you can't always have it all.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.