Kris Krohn partners how has is gone for you?

Kris Krohn partners how has is gone for you?

Hebron, KY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 3 votes

I am looking for a few people that have partnered with Kris Khron on Single Family. Would love to hear how it went/is going. I know this has been discussed in other posts but they seem to be full of opinions and not many people that have actually partnered.

Current partnership for one Single Family is approx 50k down payment, 10k partnership/management fee, 10k put in bank account for operating expenses. They find and manage the property. Profit split is 70% you 30% them. Target return is 25-35%. The plan is to sell every 4/5 years and reinvest to double your portfolio at that time.

So if you are doing this how is it going for you?

Thanks!

0Reply
139 views

Most Popular Reply

Jaron WallingPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
2y

Google search "My 4 AM morning routine". 

Kris Krohn sleeps 4hrs per night. Enough said.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Josh Mahan:

    I am looking for a few people that have partnered with Kris Khron on Single Family. Would love to hear how it went/is going. I know this has been discussed in other posts but they seem to be full of opinions and not many people that have actually partnered.

    Current partnership for one Single Family is approx 50k down payment, 10k partnership/management fee, 10k put in bank account for operating expenses. They find and manage the property. Profit split is 70% you 30% them. Target return is 25-35%. The plan is to sell every 4/5 years and reinvest to double your portfolio at that time.

    So if you are doing this how is it going for you?

    Thanks!

     

    It appears you already have your mind made up to partner with this group. 

    You know, there was once this guy who would do 50/50 deals with note investors and had a lot of negative opinions. People did not care and were just loving the fact this person seemed like a nice guy. They ignored every red flag because they had zero experience. Six months later they are crying about losing $. 

    This is like sticking your hand on the burning stove. There will be a lot of opinions on it but many who have never burned themselves. Why? Because they are intelligent enough to not do it.


    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Hebron, KY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Well contrary to your opinion I have not already made up my mind to make the investment.  If I had done that I would have made the investment. I made up my mind to do some more research, so I came to bigger pockets to reach out to the community here to see if I could get some feedback from people that have experience with this.  I went ahead and listed out the claimed details from Khron to add some context to my question.  
    Thanks. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Josh Mahan:

    Well contrary to your opinion I have not already made up my mind to make the investment.  If I had done that I would have made the investment. I made up my mind to do some more research, so I came to bigger pockets to reach out to the community here to see if I could get some feedback from people that have experience with this.  I went ahead and listed out the claimed details from Khron to add some context to my question.  
    Thanks. 


    my question is why would  you  do this ?  buying and owning a rental is about as simple as it gets in real estate.  And then to give up equity and pay an additional 10k for the privilege I dont get it. and we all know that the sponsors of these deals get wealthy on the 10K  thats the major driver.
  • Hebron, KY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Josh Mahan:

    I am looking for a few people that have partnered with Kris Khron on Single Family. Would love to hear how it went/is going. I know this has been discussed in other posts but they seem to be full of opinions and not many people that have actually partnered.

    Current partnership for one Single Family is approx 50k down payment, 10k partnership/management fee, 10k put in bank account for operating expenses. They find and manage the property. Profit split is 70% you 30% them. Target return is 25-35%. The plan is to sell every 4/5 years and reinvest to double your portfolio at that time.

    So if you are doing this how is it going for you?

    Thanks!

     

    It appears you already have your mind made up to partner with this group. 

    You know, there was once this guy who would do 50/50 deals with note investors and had a lot of negative opinions. People did not care and were just loving the fact this person seemed like a nice guy. They ignored every red flag because they had zero experience. Six months later they are crying about losing $. 

    This is like sticking your hand on the burning stove. There will be a lot of opinions on it but many who have never burned themselves. Why? Because they are intelligent enough to not do it.


  • Hebron, KY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Part of the appeal for me personally is being able to use an old 401k to fund. I agree with you, I don’t like the 10k “Set up fee”. That’s basically giving up another property after a couple deals.

  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    Google search "My 4 AM morning routine". 

    Kris Krohn sleeps 4hrs per night. Enough said.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Josh Mahan:

    Part of the appeal for me personally is being able to use an old 401k to fund. I agree with you, I don’t like the 10k “Set up fee”. That’s basically giving up another property after a couple deals.


    Josh.. rentals are not ideal in a 401k  since you cant take any depreciation.. I would suggest you may want to look into being the bank were cash flow is higher than rentals and its tax deffered a good mortgage broker can get you 10 to 12% COC today and there are funds out there that will pay 8% all day long although your not the sole owner of the mortgage so there is that.
  • Sam YinPro Member
    Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2021 · 583 posts · 738 votes
    2y

    @Jay Hinrichs

    This would be most appealing to me if I had cash and did not care to put any work in REI capture all the other benefits.

  • Brett SynickyPro Member
    Solo 401k and SDIRA Consultant · Orange, CA · Member since 2013 · 873 posts · 497 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Josh Mahan:

    I am looking for a few people that have partnered with Kris Khron on Single Family. Would love to hear how it went/is going. I know this has been discussed in other posts but they seem to be full of opinions and not many people that have actually partnered.

    Current partnership for one Single Family is approx 50k down payment, 10k partnership/management fee, 10k put in bank account for operating expenses. They find and manage the property. Profit split is 70% you 30% them. Target return is 25-35%. The plan is to sell every 4/5 years and reinvest to double your portfolio at that time.

    So if you are doing this how is it going for you?

    Thanks!

     I agree with @Jay Hinrichs that private lending is an awesome way to make money in a retirement account.  Especially if you can do it in a Roth.  Additionally while it's true you cannot take advantage of the depreciation on real property investment when inside a retirement account, that is not the purpose of a retirement account.  The purpose of course, is to save for retirement in either a deferred or tax free account.  It's definitely not a terrible idea to own real estate outside of a retirement account so you can take advantage of all the tax benefits, especially using the depreciation to reduce your taxable income from a w-2 job. That has a very real, very tangible positive impact.  

    Investing for your retirement is do be done with discretionary funds, not funds you need to live on.  Keep learning and asking questions.  

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jaron Walling:

    Google search "My 4 AM morning routine". 

    Kris Krohn sleeps 4hrs per night. Enough said.

     So are you saying four hours of sleep is a good thing or four hours is a bad thing?

  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Jaron Walling:

    Google search "My 4 AM morning routine". 

    Kris Krohn sleeps 4hrs per night. Enough said.

     So are you saying four hours of sleep is a good thing or four hours is a bad thing?

     Any adult claiming to sleep 4hrs per night is crazy. Mr. Krohn is fit and talks about working out everyday. Anyone that exercises regularly knows that's not sustainable unless you're a teenager. Maybe he's a vampire with a great tan?? 

    That's just my 2 cents.  

  • Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Josh Mahan:

    I am looking for a few people that have partnered with Kris Khron on Single Family. Would love to hear how it went/is going. I know this has been discussed in other posts but they seem to be full of opinions and not many people that have actually partnered.

    Current partnership for one Single Family is approx 50k down payment, 10k partnership/management fee, 10k put in bank account for operating expenses. They find and manage the property. Profit split is 70% you 30% them. Target return is 25-35%. The plan is to sell every 4/5 years and reinvest to double your portfolio at that time.

    So if you are doing this how is it going for you?

    Thanks!


    Me personally, if you have the 50k for down payment just buy a property yourself. I am assuming its just one house you are investing in with him. I looked into this also with him. I am familiar what you are talking about. That is why i did not do it. Just made more since to own the property myself and not split profits. 20% down on a 200K home is 40. You can manage it yourself. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.