Find a property with room to appreciate in value

Find a property with room to appreciate in value

New to Real Estate · Salt Lake City · Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote

I have some investment experience and have accumulated some idle funds. I plan to invest in a property in Florida worth no more than $1.5 million. It needs to be in a convenient location with rising value.

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

Lol! There is a reason Jacksonville is affordable... I would recommend exploring Orlando and the West coast. With lots of room these areas are growing rapidly with lots of appreciation. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Fresno, CA · Member since 2008 · 76 posts · 30 votes
    2y

    Jacksonville is your spot!  The last affordable large city left in FL.  And I saw an article last week that had Jacksonville climbing to, "...number two in the nation for hottest job markets according to a new analysis by the Wall Street Journal and Moody Analytics. Jacksonville has been improving in the ranks for three years running now, after coming in 5th in 2021 and 3rd in 2022."
    Many people are still moving here and property values have continued to appreciate and are projected to continue rising in the future.  Let me know if I can help.  Good luck!

  • Property Manager · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2018 · 514 posts · 470 votes
    2y

    @Ekaterina Smirnova I would absolutely agree with Ken regarding Jacksonville is the last affordable large city left in FL. As a Floridian originally from Miami we've seen how Miami, Orlando and Tampa have grown substantially. We truly believe Jacksonville is next on the list as those three cities have become very populated and expensive. The upside for Jacksonville is there with home affordability making it a desirable place for residents to relocate to. If you need any help pinpointing zip codes or neighborhoods please let me know. What sort of investments are you planning... fix and flip, buy and hold, etc.?

    Elenis

  • New to Real Estate · Salt Lake City · Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Ken Holifield:

    Jacksonville is your spot!  The last affordable large city left in FL.  And I saw an article last week that had Jacksonville climbing to, "...number two in the nation for hottest job markets according to a new analysis by the Wall Street Journal and Moody Analytics. Jacksonville has been improving in the ranks for three years running now, after coming in 5th in 2021 and 3rd in 2022."
    Many people are still moving here and property values have continued to appreciate and are projected to continue rising in the future.  Let me know if I can help.  Good luck!


    Thank you Ken, I'm glad I chose Jacksonville
  • New to Real Estate · Salt Lake City · Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Elenis Camargo:

    @Ekaterina Smirnova I would absolutely agree with Ken regarding Jacksonville is the last affordable large city left in FL. As a Floridian originally from Miami we've seen how Miami, Orlando and Tampa have grown substantially. We truly believe Jacksonville is next on the list as those three cities have become very populated and expensive. The upside for Jacksonville is there with home affordability making it a desirable place for residents to relocate to. If you need any help pinpointing zip codes or neighborhoods please let me know. What sort of investments are you planning... fix and flip, buy and hold, etc.?

    Elenis


     Hello Elenis, I plan to hold the newly purchased property for a long time. The property location can be in any area of ​​Sandalwood. I hope to find a suitable property. I can make an appointment with you to go and see it first.

  • Property Manager · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2018 · 514 posts · 470 votes
    2y

    @Ekaterina Smirnova Nice, we actually own a rental in that neighborhood and has done really well so far! I'll send you a DM so we can chat offline.

  • Jorge VazquezBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 685 votes
    2y


    After investing in the Tampa area for 20 years, these spots in Tampa have the most potential for equity and rental appreciation: Seminole Heights is full of energy, attracting a creative crowd that’s great for residential investments. Over in the Westshore Marina District, you have luxury waterfront living that’s booming with upscale amenities. Ybor City is ideal for its dynamic mix of culture and potential commercial opportunities. South Tampa, including Hyde Park and Palma Ceia, remains a top choice with its high-end homes and excellent schools. Don’t overlook East Tampa and Clair-Mel either; they offer more affordable entry points with significant room for growth as they develop. Near the university, the University Mall area is a smart pick with its consistent demand driven by university students and staff, boosted by redevelopment projects. Each area brings something unique, depending on your investment goals.

    Graystone Investment Group4.6271 Reviews
  • Realtor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2023 · 111 posts · 87 votes
    2y

    Hi Ekaterina, If looking at STR, I would consider St Augustine and also the beaches (St Augustine Beach and Vilano Beach). We have some amazing opportunities with properties earning $100-$150K in this pricepoint. There is a limit to how much coastal real estate there is and our market is still priced well below what you'll find on the gulf or South FL. We do have 6 million tourists a year coming here for the history which is not going to change. My 2 cents!

    Mindy

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Lol! There is a reason Jacksonville is affordable... I would recommend exploring Orlando and the West coast. With lots of room these areas are growing rapidly with lots of appreciation. 

  • Property Manager · Kissimmee, FL · Member since 2019 · 445 posts · 266 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Adam Bartomeo:

    Lol! There is a reason Jacksonville is affordable... I would recommend exploring Orlando and the West coast. With lots of room these areas are growing rapidly with lots of appreciation. 


    In Orlando, you have the opportunity to drive appreciation by buying a poorly performing, underdecorated STR at and drive appreciation by transforming it to a highly themed, well decorated property which books well. Hold it a few years, collect the booking revenue and then sell based on the value with increased bookings. You can even enjoy it yourself a week or so every year :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.