Real Estate Investors in Illinois

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
Moderator
Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1y

I love the idea of fix & flip right now @Abigail King, especially right now here in Chicago and I am sure it is similar for you in central Illinois -- it's winter so there are way less buyers and if you can get under contract soon you can likely rehab over the winter months and hit the spring market!   

Unless you absolutely love flipping I have often seen it is a means to generate short-term capital that you can then put into rentals (aka long term wealth).  You can get long-term wealth through flipping, but it'd have to be done by building a scalable business.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y

    Hey @Abigail King! What do you consider to be "Central IL"? Peoria? Springfield?

  • Real Estate Agent · Peoria, IL · Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 18 votes
    1y

    @Jaycee Greene I am located in Peoria but really like to look at real estate anywhere with a 100 mile radius

  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y

    I'm down in the Metro East near St. Louis, but I work with investors/developers like yourself across the country. I'd suggest you meet Julie Hudleson Schmidgall with METEC. She might be a good resource for finding off-market deals. She runs an organization that helps homebuyers in a 7-county area around Peoria and she's an investor as well.

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    Hey @Abigail King - I'm quite a bit further north here in Chicago, but my friend @Brad Stegall hosts a great meetup in Perioa - consider connecting with him and attending the event.

    Are you looking to buy & hold or fix & flip?

  • Real Estate Agent · Peoria, IL · Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 18 votes
    1y

    @Jonathan Klemm Thanks for the info! I will look into it. I am thinking fix&flip

  • Real Estate Agent · Peoria, IL · Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 18 votes
    1y

    @Jaycee Greene Thanks for the connect! You rock!

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    I love the idea of fix & flip right now @Abigail King, especially right now here in Chicago and I am sure it is similar for you in central Illinois -- it's winter so there are way less buyers and if you can get under contract soon you can likely rehab over the winter months and hit the spring market!   

    Unless you absolutely love flipping I have often seen it is a means to generate short-term capital that you can then put into rentals (aka long term wealth).  You can get long-term wealth through flipping, but it'd have to be done by building a scalable business.

  • Rental Property Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2018 · 79 posts · 56 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Abigail King:

    @Jonathan Klemm Thanks for the info! I will look into it. I am thinking fix&flip


    Here is a link to the details for our next Midwest REI Meetup. It is a great place to learn and network with out investors in the Peoria area. https://forms.gle/dKjMXQ4r4jXMbQBF7

  • Real Estate Agent · Peoria, IL · Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 18 votes
    1y

    @Brad Stegall Thank you so much!

  • Lender · Chicago IL · Member since 2020 · 357 posts · 229 votes
    1y

    @Abigail King 

    Hi and welcome! I'm also in Chicago (like @Jonathan Klemm :), and am always looking to connect with more female RE investors, especially those who are actively doing, or aspiring to work on, fix & flips. If you're interested in a virtual 'meetup', please feel free to DM me. Best of luck with your endeavors!

    -Jennie

  • Real Estate Agent · Peoria, IL · Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 18 votes
    1y

    @Jennie Berger I will DM you now!

  • Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    @Abigail King I invest in several towns in central IL, and am interested in adding some properties in Peoria to my portfolio as well.  I'd love to connect.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.