Are you coming to BiggerPockets Momentum 2025?

Are you coming to BiggerPockets Momentum 2025?

Rene HosmanPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes

Join the first ever BiggerPockets Momentum 2025 cohort! https://get.biggerpockets.com/momentum2025/

What is Momentum 2025?
An immersive 8-week virtual summit designed to help you identify opportunities, avoid costly mistakes, and build lasting wealth in 2025 and beyond. Walk away from our expert-led 8-week virtual summit series with the confidence to tackle the challenges and seize the opportunities that 2025 has in store.

In signature BiggerPockets fashion this is meant to give you actionable, educational, anti-guru, data driven insights for how to start or continue your investing journey in 2025.

Back by popular request: participating in Momentum 2025 will give you exclusive access to self-guided mastermind groups to make real, lasting connections with others on their journey

Get all of the information, and access to early bird pricing here https://get.biggerpockets.com/momentum2025/

What questions do you have about Momentum 2025? Post your questions and I'll make sure to get them answered for you!

188 votes total

Heck Yeah!
What is it?
Not sure
BiggerPockets
9Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
1y
Quote from @V.G Jason:

I'm sure they've slowed down, but are still actively looking. Brandon Turner was on fire in 2020, 2021, and 2022, but I don't see that he's done anything for the last 18 months. I went from buying multiple properties per year to doing nothing 2022. In 2023 I bought one house, invested in one syndication, and focused on fixing up existing properties. 

The market is tough for everyone, new and experienced. However, it's important to keep swimming even when the current is against you. Even though it's tough, you'll get stronger and smarter than those sitting on the beach waiting for the tides to turn in their favor. When the tide does shift, you'll be cruising on Easy Street while the others are still getting in the water, adjusting their goggles, and warming up their muscles.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • V.G JasonPro Member
    Investor · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    What have any of these people done since the high rates? Is this just them telling you what they did before or are they actually going to give folks actionable and legitimate advice?

    Serious question. I (barely) watched some of the podcasts cause BP shows up on my youtube feed when I travel. 

    The advice is downright bad; not applicable to the average Billy & Barbara, some signs of bragging among other concerns. Some of the advice on the forums is better. 

  • Rene HosmanPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes
    1y
    Quote from @V.G Jason:

    What have any of these people done since the high rates? Is this just them telling you what they did before or are they actually going to give folks actionable and legitimate advice?

    Serious question. I (barely) watched some of the podcasts cause BP shows up on my youtube feed when I travel. 

    The advice is downright bad; not applicable to the average Billy & Barbara, some signs of bragging among other concerns. Some of the advice on the forums is better. 


     That would be a great question to ask at Momentum! 

    I can only speak to myself personally but I've continued to invest, knowing properties may not cash flow much but I've invested in value-add so focusing on appreciation. I'm sure that many of the speakers will have different opinions depending on their area of expertise too

    BiggerPockets
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @V.G Jason:

    I'm sure they've slowed down, but are still actively looking. Brandon Turner was on fire in 2020, 2021, and 2022, but I don't see that he's done anything for the last 18 months. I went from buying multiple properties per year to doing nothing 2022. In 2023 I bought one house, invested in one syndication, and focused on fixing up existing properties. 

    The market is tough for everyone, new and experienced. However, it's important to keep swimming even when the current is against you. Even though it's tough, you'll get stronger and smarter than those sitting on the beach waiting for the tides to turn in their favor. When the tide does shift, you'll be cruising on Easy Street while the others are still getting in the water, adjusting their goggles, and warming up their muscles.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
    Quote from @V.G Jason:

    I'm sure they've slowed down, but are still actively looking. Brandon Turner was on fire in 2020, 2021, and 2022, but I don't see that he's done anything for the last 18 months. I went from buying multiple properties per year to doing nothing 2022. In 2023 I bought one house, invested in one syndication, and focused on fixing up existing properties. 

    The market is tough for everyone, new and experienced. However, it's important to keep swimming even when the current is against you. Even though it's tough, you'll get stronger and smarter than those sitting on the beach waiting for the tides to turn in their favor. When the tide does shift, you'll be cruising on Easy Street while the others are still getting in the water, adjusting their goggles, and warming up their muscles.


    Nathan I think this is true if your just talking about rental props for landlording.. the last 2 to 3 years have been the best years of my career.. building new builds and Loaning our funds. A few rentals along the way but realistic on returns 5 to 6% for solid A/B class is where we like to be. Its taken some time out on the west coast but we did nail a 10 unit for a 7 cap right off of MLS in the portland market.  I think your correct though folks have to adjust to the new normal and the interest rates they are not coming down like folks hoped for I think we are in for a run of years were rates will be more like the 2000s  6 to 7% and Owner occ in the 5s with Maybe some high 4s. but by the time folks wait for that prices will rise in the better markets.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.