Postcards are dead

Postcards are dead

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

After sending millions I can state.  Don’t send them to find motivated sellers.  They’re too expensive and frankly create delusion. 

Mail does work however it must get read and more importantly it must have interaction.  

Send handwritten letters.  

And not the ones created with 100% automation.   

2Reply
87 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Hendersonville, NC · Member since 2016 · 498 posts · 285 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Michael Quarles:

    After sending millions I can state.  Don’t send them to find motivated sellers.  They’re too expensive and frankly create delusion. 

    Mail does work however it must get read and more importantly it must have interaction.  

    Send handwritten letters.  

    And not the ones created with 100% automation.   

    @Michael Quarles I can honestly say that I've never gotten any solid business from postcards. After sending out thousands and not getting responses, or at least not good ones, I stopped trying this marketing method.

    I have only sent a hand written note twice and it did get a response both times. The problem with hand written notes is that they can be time consuming. So it probably makes sense to send targeted letters to people who you're most interested in connecting with.

    Solid advice, thank you.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    Imagine if it cost 1000 to send out 50 letters but half of them responded and half of those wanted an offer and half of those accepted an offer and half of those closed and half of those resold for a net 50k. 

  • Specialist · FL · Member since 2025 · 63 posts · 22 votes
    10mo

    Great insight, Michael. Completely agree. Most postcards never get read and investors end up burning money without understanding why. Personalized outreach always performs better, especially when it’s backed by accurate data and targeted lists.

    Handwritten letters + the right distress indicators = way higher response rates.

    Thanks for sharing your experience — posts like this help a lot of newer investors avoid expensive mistakes.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.