Success Path and other frauds...we can stop them

Success Path and other frauds...we can stop them

Investor · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 114 posts · 107 votes

We are looking for others to join a lawsuit against Success Path, Flipping Formula and other companies involved in taking millions from people promising things they never deliver. The more people we can get to file the better our chances are of succeeding. 

Here's why...

I've written a couple of posts about my experience with real estate investing 'guru's' and wanted to provide and update and ask for some help. You can see my story in the forum post 'Taking a stand on a $50,000 lie'. While my loss of money is tragic, it's not as tragic as the insane amount of money these people are making and others are losing even as we speak. 

Here's how it works...

Once you realize you've lost thousands on empty promises and fraudulent practices you contact the company and ask for your money back. The Director of Customer Service, Shane Andrus will contact you via phone and try to make you think you are the problem while attempting scare you out of taking further legal. He'll likely insult you and accuse you of hidden agenda's and financial problems that you are looking to solve at their expense. He'll tell you that if you pursue legal action you will spend thousands and get NOTHING. He will offer you a fraction of what you lost if you sign an agreement first. This agreement states you should never speak of the settlement they gave you and never mention their name in a negative context ever again. It doesn't guarantee a date in which you will receive the money and some have complained they never saw the money even after they signed the agreement.

The business structure...

My lawyer has done some research and found a very tangled web of businesses that run various seminars, bootcamps, coaching, etc. The parent company of all of the companies they use is Zurixx, LLC. The public see's the companies as Success Path, Flipping Formula and others but they are simply Zurixx 'doing business as' or dba Success Path, Flipping Formula, Advanced Real Estate Education, etc.

Check out https://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/training... for a larger list and more info. You'll have to scroll down to Alternative Business Names in the left column.

We THINK this is how they shelter themselves from lawsuits. Anyone who files will likely list Success Path or whatever company they had experience with as a defendant. But that company MAY not have any assets or there is some other catch. It's funny because thinking back to the Vegas Seminar JJ Childer's pretty much explained how they work and recommended investors structure their businesses the same way. The catch phrase is "Own Nothing, Do Nothing". This means you need two companies. One to own the assets and the other to do business under. The idea is that you purchase a property with Company A, LLC and do the work as Company B, LLC. This way if some shenanigans happen and someone has grounds to sue Company B for operating issues, Company B has nothing to lose...Company A has all of the assets. We aren't positive this is how they work but it's a strong possibility.

Just for fun..

I invite you to go to Zurixx's web page http://www.zurixx.com/about-us/our-team/ for a visual of who we are dealing with.

Please PM me if you are interested in getting involved and helping all of us that have lost money and others who will in the future. This affects people of all ages. Picture your parents, friends and other family losing all they have because they put their trust and confidence is these people.

10Reply
455 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Erica Nagle:

Just found an article stating Zurixx made $130.1 million in 2016. Tarek and Christina (and the other TV sponsors) get a percentage of that. Even if they only get 1% that's still $1.3 million! Just sickening

 If I was laying a bet I would estimate Tarek and Christina made more in the order of 5 million.. 

See this reply in the discussion

96 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    One suggestion I would make to all of you who are part of this lawsuit: I would change my last name to only first initial in this BP profile, as these posts will show up in google, if someone googles your name (other party's lawyer) and it'd probably be better to not be able to attribute these posts to you by full name. .....just saying.

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    please dm me about Succespath. I dumped over 62k & would love to get that back out of getting way below the value of service, & horrible credit now. 

  • Bowie, MD · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    I’m interested.....how do I connect with you? Thanks
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 294 posts · 104 votes
    8y

    A fool and his money are soon parted. Sorry could not help myself to say it. Why on the earth people need gurus in something which is not a rocket science? I am pretty sure they cant be sued as otherwise all universities would be sued. Another issue is that the info that they provide can and should be learned from practice. So much info, but people just don't want to read/watch/listen. They believe in a delusional gurus that will change their life.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Please let me know how I can get my money back. I was also taken by Success Path.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Same here in San Antonio Texas. 16K and nothing to show for. Please add me to your list. 

  • Dallas TX · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Hi @Erica Nagle, 

    Would love to hear an update from this, We are currently in same situation and extremely frustrated. We purchased our package back in November and regret it immensely. THey've done nothing but reach out for "strategy planning" and then turn around and try to sell us more garbage for another 50K!!!! 2 of my friends fell for it and now stuck with 100K in debt with ZERO results!  

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hello Everyone! Has anything come together for this! Me and my partner signed up and they DID NOT deliver, we want our money back! Please let me know the next steps to take!! 

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    hi Erica, how do you know Rules of Renovation is a scam...I just attended the seminar,,and am considering the gold package...I find it hard to believe Hilary Farr would associate with Scam artists... wouldn’t it ruin her career....it’s because her name is attached to it that makes me think they are not scamming the public....if I am wrong, please advise...as I do not want to loose $21,297 of my hard earned money..I would appreciate your thoughts 

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Bronagh Gaffney I can't speak to the guru courses directly, but if you want an example of a prominent personality who seems to have no compunction about screwing people HARD, take a look at Clayton Morris, former weekend host of Fox & Friends - the morning news/commentary show on Fox News.

    He had a prominent position on a national TV show and always had a very likeable personality on TV and parlayed both to launch Morris Invest - a turnkey investing company.  

    If you look at the results of a search of his company here on BP, there are more complaints than I can count.  He's radioactive around these parts.

    I don't know the first thing about Hillary Farr, except that my wife likes "Love it or List it".  But being a prominent TV personality isn't necessarily a guarantee of honesty and fair dealings.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Bronagh Gaffney:

    hi Erica, how do you know Rules of Renovation is a scam...I just attended the seminar,,and am considering the gold package...I find it hard to believe Hilary Farr would associate with Scam artists... wouldn’t it ruin her career....it’s because her name is attached to it that makes me think they are not scamming the public....if I am wrong, please advise...as I do not want to loose $21,297 of my hard earned money..I would appreciate your thoughts 

     Don't spend 21k for any guru. For one thing, 99% of people that go to seminars never do anything in real estate. It's presented in a way that it sounds as if anyone can be a millionaire in no time. The fact is, it takes certain personality traits to be able to succeed as a real estate investor. You have to have an entrepreneurial mindset and attitude. Everybody thinks they do, but most people don't. 

    Go to your local Real Estate Club meetings and meet others, network, shadow other investors. Think of how much time it takes you in your job to earn that 21K (after taxes) and then spend that time hanging out with investors that are out there and doing it. I guarantee that you'd learn more from that than from a course. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Charlie MacPherson:

    @Bronagh Gaffney I can't speak to the guru courses directly, but if you want an example of a prominent personality who seems to have no compunction about screwing people HARD, take a look at Clayton Morris, former weekend host of Fox & Friends - the morning news/commentary show on Fox News.

    He had a prominent position on a national TV show and always had a very likeable personality on TV and parlayed both to launch Morris Invest - a turnkey investing company.  

    If you look at the results of a search of his company here on BP, there are more complaints than I can count.  He's radioactive around these parts.

    I don't know the first thing about Hillary Farr, except that my wife likes "Love it or List it".  But being a prominent TV personality isn't necessarily a guarantee of honesty and fair dealings.

    thats how the industry works.. get a reality flipping show.. then the Utah based fulfillment companies come in and pitch them on getting seriously rich.. and they lend their names to these Seminar training ventures..  Much like if you go to buy a bottle of Arnold Palmer wine in the day.. Mr. Palmer does not make wine.  he lends his name and gets a royalty.. just like those that wear Nikes or any other celebs that hawk items.. its no different in the real estate training business.. get a nationally known NAME and put them as the face of the company .. i assure you they bring only their name to these deals..  the only one in the industry today that i see who actually runs the entire events and has raised in the trench's is Nick Vertucci  .  and you dont see alot about him becasue he does refunds .. unlike these other companies were once your money is gone unless you have the money to truly litigate your not getting it back

  • Realtor · NY · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 23 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Michaela G.:
    Originally posted by @Bronagh Gaffney:

    hi Erica, how do you know Rules of Renovation is a scam...I just attended the seminar,,and am considering the gold package...I find it hard to believe Hilary Farr would associate with Scam artists... wouldn’t it ruin her career....it’s because her name is attached to it that makes me think they are not scamming the public....if I am wrong, please advise...as I do not want to loose $21,297 of my hard earned money..I would appreciate your thoughts 

     Don't spend 21k for any guru. For one thing, 99% of people that go to seminars never do anything in real estate. It's presented in a way that it sounds as if anyone can be a millionaire in no time. The fact is, it takes certain personality traits to be able to succeed as a real estate investor. You have to have an entrepreneurial mindset and attitude. Everybody thinks they do, but most people don't. 

    Go to your local Real Estate Club meetings and meet others, network, shadow other investors. Think of how much time it takes you in your job to earn that 21K (after taxes) and then spend that time hanging out with investors that are out there and doing it. I guarantee that you'd learn more from that than from a course. 

     Totally Agree 

  • Insurance Agent · El Cajon, CA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Add this one to your Name Selling List - it's a shame Daymond John has stooped so low to sell his name to Successpath.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    My friend and I attended a seminar 2 weeks ago and our 3 day workshop is supposed to be this weekend. We've only paid 2k so far, but they're now called Real Estate Elevated, also using the Tareik & Christina hook. Over the past few days I kept wondering why the change.....I told my friend it could be due to negative publicity or lawsuits. And today I find all the MANY comments.  I knew something wasn't right.

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 11 votes
    7y
    @Erica Nagle please add me to the list & 3 other friends who were royally screwed. We were just digging around how to start a class act against them & USA private money
  • Specialist · FL · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Erica Nagle Please add me to your list. I have several folks here in FL who also lost tens of thousands. We have been starting seriou discussion now. We are all interested in Class Action suit. Please update us.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I'd like to join the Class Action party/list.  Got taken by Success Formula by Daymond John and also recently attended the Real Estate Elevate because I bought it as part of the package so the 3 day workshop was already paid for.  EXACT same process and tactic as the Daymond John program.  Obviously, I did not purchase the follow on program and limited my losses.  The process is a total Scam.  It's all about selling you and not helping you.  Interesting how the demeanor of your direct contact representative changes almost immediately when you decline their offer to continue.  We need to help others.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hello , I was involved in 2016 , can I Stiller join a lawsuit or anything to get something back? I'm in financial struggle right now and I need all the help I can. Specially since I tried to contact them and I didn't get an answer from them... Thank you 

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    I am an attorney, investigating this issue for my client. He was the victim of a scheme very similar to what you are all describing, but under a different name: Flippin' on the Side, by Luke Caldwell and Clint Robertson (the "Boise Boys"). Some of the documents identify High Point Education as the source, but I am reasonably sure this is another front for Zurixx LLC. All the features of the scam are the same, and some communications can be traced back to Zurixx's address in Utah.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Erica Nagle please let me know information on joining the class action against both USA Private Lending & Zurixx Thank you 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Anyone have a current class action suit involving Zurixx or Success Path?

  • Long Island NY · Member since 2019 · 133 posts · 104 votes
    7y

    Sadly, this is what most "Guru's" do. In the stock market back in the day we called this "Unloading the dog ****" or "Pump and dump" 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    While I haven't lost any money, I have a bit of personal loss as I was a fan of Tarek El Moussa until I learned about this, even engaging with him on Instagram.  My question is simple: Are Tarek/Christina scammers? Anyone?

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Please comment on Tarek and Christina.  I'd like some feedback on these two.  I want to know the truth about these two.  Thank you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.