Success Path and other frauds...we can stop them

Success Path and other frauds...we can stop them

Investor · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 114 posts · 107 votes

We are looking for others to join a lawsuit against Success Path, Flipping Formula and other companies involved in taking millions from people promising things they never deliver. The more people we can get to file the better our chances are of succeeding. 

Here's why...

I've written a couple of posts about my experience with real estate investing 'guru's' and wanted to provide and update and ask for some help. You can see my story in the forum post 'Taking a stand on a $50,000 lie'. While my loss of money is tragic, it's not as tragic as the insane amount of money these people are making and others are losing even as we speak. 

Here's how it works...

Once you realize you've lost thousands on empty promises and fraudulent practices you contact the company and ask for your money back. The Director of Customer Service, Shane Andrus will contact you via phone and try to make you think you are the problem while attempting scare you out of taking further legal. He'll likely insult you and accuse you of hidden agenda's and financial problems that you are looking to solve at their expense. He'll tell you that if you pursue legal action you will spend thousands and get NOTHING. He will offer you a fraction of what you lost if you sign an agreement first. This agreement states you should never speak of the settlement they gave you and never mention their name in a negative context ever again. It doesn't guarantee a date in which you will receive the money and some have complained they never saw the money even after they signed the agreement.

The business structure...

My lawyer has done some research and found a very tangled web of businesses that run various seminars, bootcamps, coaching, etc. The parent company of all of the companies they use is Zurixx, LLC. The public see's the companies as Success Path, Flipping Formula and others but they are simply Zurixx 'doing business as' or dba Success Path, Flipping Formula, Advanced Real Estate Education, etc.

Check out https://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/training... for a larger list and more info. You'll have to scroll down to Alternative Business Names in the left column.

We THINK this is how they shelter themselves from lawsuits. Anyone who files will likely list Success Path or whatever company they had experience with as a defendant. But that company MAY not have any assets or there is some other catch. It's funny because thinking back to the Vegas Seminar JJ Childer's pretty much explained how they work and recommended investors structure their businesses the same way. The catch phrase is "Own Nothing, Do Nothing". This means you need two companies. One to own the assets and the other to do business under. The idea is that you purchase a property with Company A, LLC and do the work as Company B, LLC. This way if some shenanigans happen and someone has grounds to sue Company B for operating issues, Company B has nothing to lose...Company A has all of the assets. We aren't positive this is how they work but it's a strong possibility.

Just for fun..

I invite you to go to Zurixx's web page http://www.zurixx.com/about-us/our-team/ for a visual of who we are dealing with.

Please PM me if you are interested in getting involved and helping all of us that have lost money and others who will in the future. This affects people of all ages. Picture your parents, friends and other family losing all they have because they put their trust and confidence is these people.

10Reply
455 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Erica Nagle:

Just found an article stating Zurixx made $130.1 million in 2016. Tarek and Christina (and the other TV sponsors) get a percentage of that. Even if they only get 1% that's still $1.3 million! Just sickening

 If I was laying a bet I would estimate Tarek and Christina made more in the order of 5 million.. 

See this reply in the discussion

96 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    We would be very interested in trying to get a class action lawsuit against Success Path they have in our opinion they have scammed probably thousands of people out of hundreds of thousand of dollars!!!!!!

    We are afraid of the statue of limitations my have passed!! If anyone has been successful in obtaining a lawyer we would appreciate any information that you can provide to us so we can be included in the lawsuit. NO ONE should be able to literally rip off thousands of people, into probably hundreds of thousands of dollars and get away with it!!! 

    They need to be STOPPED one way or another!!!

    I can not believe that Terek and Christina are involved in this horrific scam.

    Francine S

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    This topic needs to reach the people that have been taken advantage of and prevent more from loosing. 

    When we searched for reference,reviews prior to spending and joining one it seemed almost none existent for any pro or con to be found. I am not even close to a grammar expert but is some of my first thoughts.

    We are currently using one of the programs mentioned and it is definitely a DECEPTIVE trade they are using. They do offer education and methods that are realistically used, while arguably may not lead most to wealth or financial freedom and most likely create a long line of unnecessary debt. The MAJOR compliant I am experiencing is what was said or contracted that I purchased by description, exampled through workshop/seminar/camp ect, or mentioned by assistant after speaker finished, is only related by the topic not material or service. The program offered to search for properties is highlighted as superior than others or to give a inside lead. It is mostly outdated information or information that can be found free on other sites.

    I believe CONCEALMENT is the second method used next to deception to coerce the ones looking to create financial freedom or a source of income. By leaving out vital information of what is required to effectively execute these methods like, TIME (we have over 900 hours invested and are far from the tipping point of success with this, we have the luxury of doing this full time most don't). FUNDING,  to execute the methods it requires much more added you will need then just what you pay them (they conceal this so you don't get cold feet because there is no cap of money needed. Takes money to make money in one way or another). RESOURCES  they do no give specific to details to what is being provided because it is minimal at best. (said: we will provided you with a list of buyers,contracts,investors ect.  what you get is videos or methods how to find these things yourself and not very good methods at that). 1 on 1 MENTOR/COACH, it is left unsaid that they will not help you do what you don't understand to learn but point a direction then hold you accountable if you fault. Very poor coaching (point at a play list ,let me choose the play, put me at fault for choosing the wrong play). They assume NO LIABILITY or ACCOUNTABILITY if you fail due to poor coaching is what I'm getting at. While speaking with a mentor helps greatly it is hardly enough to achieve the goals with 30 min. calls and them consistently speaking of what they have done and not focused on you. (I get it, you are doing great, that's great, I am paying for the call so lets make this about me!). 

    I don't know about all the scams but the one I'm trying to manage gave a option for a credit card line.If you need this line of credit card/cards to pay for the course, STOP enjoy the speech and maybe free drinks then take all that motivation that got you in that hot seat and go sit on google sourcing education for a week or so until you start your own plan of ways to achieve success. What they are selling is TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

    There is much more to be said about this but anyone looking to find your path this isn't it! 

    To summarize it, if they said what they were providing/selling truthfully and set a real expectation of what you would get from them (IF YOU take action and apply yourself for the goals you choose) then the services wouldn't be so bad. Wouldn't be worth the amount of the unicorn for sale either. Its the hype and misleading/pitching that causes all the friction. I am taking the course for everything I can and killing myself doing it 16-20+ hours a day along with getting the knowledge NEEDED from other sources like BG,REI groups ect. If my option was to spend money I didn't have on this with hopes to achieve success knowing what I know of this now, I would go a complete different direction for education!

    I don't believe anyone is lesser in anyway for going or having tried one of the scams with the hope for a better future or trying to achieve success. At least you are trying and that's more than some can say. I will openly try anything to better myself or life. "you can't make the shots you don't take" 

    I hope this does go legal to stop the bleeding of all the ones taken advantage of. I had no idea so many had been down this road for so long. I assumed we were just dealing with the difficulties of this process. 

    8-7-19

  • Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 25 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    well you just learned about one of the top business enterprises in the state of Utah and that is fulfillment companies.. these companies not only rep real estate but pretty much any other business or speakers that are on tour selling anything from books tapes to tony robbins etc.

    they are very good at what they do... they are brought up and used to rejection and that's who they hire to sell you and beat you down..

     Jay, it is always amuses me that Government will allow MLM and this kind of marketing company (Success Path) to survive and grow. If this is in other countries, I guess Government will roll out new legislations to ban this kind of thing in a lighting speed. 

  • Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 25 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Kate J.:

    A fool and his money are soon parted. Sorry could not help myself to say it. Why on the earth people need gurus in something which is not a rocket science? I am pretty sure they cant be sued as otherwise all universities would be sued. Another issue is that the info that they provide can and should be learned from practice. So much info, but people just don't want to read/watch/listen. They believe in a delusional gurus that will change their life.

    You still need someone to guide you initially. If I am in LA area, I will simply work for El Moussas for free for three months and I will know everything about flipping. I do not need to pay thousands or even tens of thousands on this. 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hello everyone, I am interested in knowing if you had good luck? I also invested in the program two years ago and wondering if anyone can share some information? My financial advisor is suggesting I take legal action.

    I truly appreciate any information

    Thank You,

    Natalia Ramirez

    action and if there 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hello everyone, I am interested in knowing if you had good luck? I also invested in the program two years ago and wondering if anyone can share some information? My financial advisor is suggesting I take legal action.

    I truly appreciate any information

    Thank You,

    Natalia Ramirez

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    I am interested in speaking with you about what you have found out so far. My mom and I bought the Diamond package (over $40,000) and were promised a personal coach who never contacted us. They had a third party company contact me that opened almost 15 credit cards in my name all in 3 months. There was no other communication from the company after a couple weeks after they received my money. Is there a class action suit or are you using individually?

    I can send you my contact info to talk in more detail.

    Chance

  • Real Estate Investor · Saskatoon , Saskatchewan · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hello, I’m from Canada and also bought into this “investment education”. I have handed over thousands and thousands and feel defeated and stolen from not to mention humiliated. Is there going to be any lawsuit that reimburses us? What about Canadians? I know I am among many other Canadians that lost just as much to this company. If there is a list being compiled or information required I would be excited to take part and give my story and information to help stop this company from feeding off more people and financially destroying more families. 

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    The FTC has taken action in court against Zurixx, which is the Utah company that has been running most of the education schemes that are the subject of this thread. You can find many news stories if you search for FTC and Zurixx.

    https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2019/10/ftc-acts-against-company-using-celebrity-endorsements-bogus

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Joseph Parker:

    This topic needs to reach the people that have been taken advantage of and prevent more from loosing. 

    When we searched for reference,reviews prior to spending and joining one it seemed almost none existent for any pro or con to be found. I am not even close to a grammar expert but is some of my first thoughts.

    We are currently using one of the programs mentioned and it is definitely a DECEPTIVE trade they are using. They do offer education and methods that are realistically used, while arguably may not lead most to wealth or financial freedom and most likely create a long line of unnecessary debt. The MAJOR compliant I am experiencing is what was said or contracted that I purchased by description, exampled through workshop/seminar/camp ect, or mentioned by assistant after speaker finished, is only related by the topic not material or service. The program offered to search for properties is highlighted as superior than others or to give a inside lead. It is mostly outdated information or information that can be found free on other sites.

    I believe CONCEALMENT is the second method used next to deception to coerce the ones looking to create financial freedom or a source of income. By leaving out vital information of what is required to effectively execute these methods like, TIME (we have over 900 hours invested and are far from the tipping point of success with this, we have the luxury of doing this full time most don't). FUNDING,  to execute the methods it requires much more added you will need then just what you pay them (they conceal this so you don't get cold feet because there is no cap of money needed. Takes money to make money in one way or another). RESOURCES  they do no give specific to details to what is being provided because it is minimal at best. (said: we will provided you with a list of buyers,contracts,investors ect.  what you get is videos or methods how to find these things yourself and not very good methods at that). 1 on 1 MENTOR/COACH, it is left unsaid that they will not help you do what you don't understand to learn but point a direction then hold you accountable if you fault. Very poor coaching (point at a play list ,let me choose the play, put me at fault for choosing the wrong play). They assume NO LIABILITY or ACCOUNTABILITY if you fail due to poor coaching is what I'm getting at. While speaking with a mentor helps greatly it is hardly enough to achieve the goals with 30 min. calls and them consistently speaking of what they have done and not focused on you. (I get it, you are doing great, that's great, I am paying for the call so lets make this about me!). 

    I don't know about all the scams but the one I'm trying to manage gave a option for a credit card line.If you need this line of credit card/cards to pay for the course, STOP enjoy the speech and maybe free drinks then take all that motivation that got you in that hot seat and go sit on google sourcing education for a week or so until you start your own plan of ways to achieve success. What they are selling is TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

    There is much more to be said about this but anyone looking to find your path this isn't it! 

    To summarize it, if they said what they were providing/selling truthfully and set a real expectation of what you would get from them (IF YOU take action and apply yourself for the goals you choose) then the services wouldn't be so bad. Wouldn't be worth the amount of the unicorn for sale either. Its the hype and misleading/pitching that causes all the friction. I am taking the course for everything I can and killing myself doing it 16-20+ hours a day along with getting the knowledge NEEDED from other sources like BG,REI groups ect. If my option was to spend money I didn't have on this with hopes to achieve success knowing what I know of this now, I would go a complete different direction for education!

    I don't believe anyone is lesser in anyway for going or having tried one of the scams with the hope for a better future or trying to achieve success. At least you are trying and that's more than some can say. I will openly try anything to better myself or life. "you can't make the shots you don't take" 

    I hope this does go legal to stop the bleeding of all the ones taken advantage of. I had no idea so many had been down this road for so long. I assumed we were just dealing with the difficulties of this process. 

    8-7-19

    900 hours ? 40 hours a week is what 20 some weeks.. do people really think your going to make a lot of money in real estate in 20 weeks or less or one year or less.. this is about building wealth over a very long time and life time.. to think other wise is really really wishful thinking Naïve . you guys do need some reality check..  I am not defending their practices.. as I believe anyone who cant stroke a check for training or what have you and needs credit cards should not be doing this at all your under capitalized and risking going into credit card purgatory.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I signed up with Keyspire Investing Club and they never gave me what they promised. I want my money back, but they refused. How do I join the list?

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Is anyone else out there feel totally ripped off by them? Please let us know. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Rogers, AR · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 2 votes
    6y

    The FTC is investigating Zurixx!  Everyone that has been scammed by Zurixx please go to the FTC website and file your complaint against Zurixx now! I just did join me and maybe we can get at least part of our money back. 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hi there, I know we are late to joint. We paid over $85,000.00 for The Flipping Formula  in the end of 9/2016-10/2016.After we paid the second time $44k , we did call back 4 days later to cancel (due to my husband lost his job...and we had a death in family_my grand mother) and they said it's pass cancelation day. They told me "whenever we're ready just come back and start training.... Long story short, we did 18 sections with coach(30' each time on the phone...)then Hurricane Harvey hit us (we're in Houston TX), been busy with flooded situation: one of our investment and our home flooded....now  everything getting easier, and  now we try to check on their website.... it's discontinue due to GOV put the retraining order on them... Is there anyone can help us how or what we need to do to get some of our money back. We're thank you very much. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 2 votes
    6y

    Yes, it's true!  Finally, the FTC has taken action in court against Zurixx, which is the Utah company that has been running most of the education schemes that are the subject of this thread. You can find many news stories if you search for FTC and Zurixx.

    https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2019/10/ftc-acts-against-company-using-celebrity-endorsements-bogus

    *******Below is an email I rec'd today Nov. 6 2019 from one of Zurixx LLC's, I deleted the email address and added "X"s. I can't believe the email signature reads: Gary Bauer, Your Entity Solution, LLC. Back in Oct 2019 a federal court entered a temporary restraining order against Your Entity Solution, LLC because it is a company affiliated with the Utah-based Zurixx, LLC!  So what have they done...created another "education company" LLC called BizEngaged, LLC to continue their business and now want to charge us again!!!  When I call Gary at the number we have always used, the greeting says that the FTC has put the company into receivership and there will be a website with instructions for you to follow.  True for Advanced Real Estate Education phone numbers as well.

    Hello  ,

    By now you may have heard that the seminar company that sold and charged you for your entity package is having difficulties.

    Consequently, we are no longer being paid by them to do the filings for your package or to provide on-going support.

    We have been told that the FTC has put the company into receivership and there will be a website with instructions for you to follow.

    We know that you may still have plans for your business and need on-going support. And while we cannot provide that support under your now-terminated package, we are permitted to take you on as a private support client.

    If you are interested in continuing to work with us, Click Here https://cf.bizengaged.com/sales-page-30832588 to see everything you get and to sign up as a monthly or annual BizEngaged member. BizEngaged, LLC is our education company.

    Please be sure to read the refund policy. Requests for cancellation are processed at the end of the period – monthly or annual – that you sign up for. It is important for you to understand this if you wish to take advantage of the one-time offer on our annual membership.

    In addition, we will continue to do company filings through Your Entity Solution, LLC.

    Please contact us at mailto XXXXXXXXX   if you need a quote.

    As a measure of good faith, we will keep the documents for your previous filings, if any, for six months. Please check now to ensure you have everything you need.

    BizEngaged Members – we will keep your documents as long as you are a member.

    I’m sure you have many questions; however, this is all the information we have at this point.

    We assume the FTC will notify you once the website is operational.

    Regards,

    Gary Bauer

    Your Entity Solution, LLC

  • Kevin MantellPro Member
    Montvale, NJ · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 24 votes
    6y

    You can see the entire 60 plus page complain against Zurixx here:



    https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/182-3063/zurixx-llc

  • Kevin MantellPro Member
    Montvale, NJ · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 24 votes
    6y

    You can file a complaint with the FTC against Zurixx, using the many other names, here:



    https://www.bbb.org/us/ut/holladay-ctwd/profile/training-program/zurixx-llc-1166-2009446/complaints

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Besides filing a complaint with the BBB, what else can I do to get any of my money back. Is there a class action lawsuit website I need to register on?

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    The link above is for the Better Business Bureau, which is not associated with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can file a complaint with the FTC here: 

    https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

    You can monitor the FTC's case against Zurixx here:

    https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/182-3063/zurixx-llc

    It is likely that the appointed receiver will have a web page where victims of Zurixx may learn more information about the assets that the receiver has collected, and about any potential refunds. That process may take days, weeks, or months. Check the FTC's case page periodically.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Robert M Arthur:

    The link above is for the Better Business Bureau, which is not associated with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can file a complaint with the FTC here: 

    https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

    You can monitor the FTC's case against Zurixx here:

    https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/182-3063/zurixx-llc

    It is likely that the appointed receiver will have a web page where victims of Zurixx may learn more information about the assets that the receiver has collected, and about any potential refunds. That process may take days, weeks, or months. Check the FTC's case page periodically.

    those pleadings are well written.. and basically describe the real estate training and seminar business to a tee.  As done by Utah based fulfillment companies of which there are about a dozen.  Nudge is in litigation as well from what i have seen.. 

    this is simply MLM brought to real estate same theories and tug at same heartstrings.. instead of loading up on soap or wicker baskets they go for the big dollar plays. Keep in mind that many of them also have vendors selling everything from Asset protection to IRA set ups to more CC debt.. turnkey companies presenting their product etc etc.

    and then you have the astro flipper guys  the wholesaler courses  again all representing or puffing what can and is realistic in the market places. and they prey on the fact that these folks just dont know what they dont know.. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi All,

    I was doing some research and found this post. I can't believe this has been going on for over 2 years. They came to the Kansas City area this September, 2019 under the name "Will to Win". A number of us signed up for their advanced real estate training but found out that the Federal Trade Commission and the US District Courts of Utah issued an Injunction against Zurixx, LLC and all of its entities as of November 1, 2019. So, Zurixx, LLC is no longer in operation. If you go to zurixx.com you will find a copy of the court order.  

    EJ

    Kansas City 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 919 posts · 911 votes
    6y

    I live at 'ground zero' for all these gurus.  I live in Phoenix and there is no fewer than 1 'guru' per week that come thru selling something.  I've gone to a number of their pitches, never bought.  Got free food & a good laugh, trying to see if there was something I didn't know.

    The companies play on the greed/fear of ppl.  Some of these programs are 50k or more.  Like many here said, 'run up the credit card, you will get it back and more'.  But that really isn't the case.  I'm not sure how these ppl sleep at night.

    As @Jay Hinrichs stated, the vast majority I have seen are out of Utah.  Is there a reason they are out of Utah?  The first thing many of us think when we think of Utah is Mormon/honest.  Obviously the 'honest' part is changing.  

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Some aspects of Utah's consumer protection laws make that state a favorable environment for companies like Zurixx and Nudge. This article touches on it:

    https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=3395033&itype=CMSID

    I think a larger factor is that Zurixx was started by individuals who owned an earlier scam that was shut down by the FTC, Daeus Financial Services. That's the subject of the article above. They all just continued to live in Utah. I don't think there is anything particularly nefarious about the state, except that a handful of bad people live there, and they have repeatedly started companies that scam people out of money with real estate and wealth building education scams. Hopefully, those people will be sufficiently discouraged this time from trying again.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    How can I get involved as well? This company is a joke! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Does anyone have further information on pursuing this? I received a notice from a 3rd party vender Advanced Real Estate Education closed their doors. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.