How to buy a property that just went through a drug raid

2 Replies

Now I suppose you came here expecting a story of how I bought a property, however, I am actually seeking advice. I own this property in a somewhat rough area that is expected to be getting a great deal of renovations through the next 5-10 years as it is located near downtown Fort Wayne. This morning I got an email from a tenant explaining there was a drug raid across the street and had sent me a video of it. I deeply committed and concerned about this situation and really want to help this area. I am considering on buying this property if possible and was wondering if there are any creative ways of buying such as working with the city and/or police department to somehow get a discount or some loan from the city to do repairs and revitalize the area. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

a drug raid in my city, Jacksonville, FL does not mean that the property is seized by the city. what does the city want with a property? So you would need to contact the owner, see if they are tired of the tenants and see if maybe you can assume the mortgage or take over and pay him on a simple note. Kudos to you looking for an opportunity!

wait for it to come up here ....

https://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/sales.htm

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.