How to buy a property that just went through a drug raid

How to buy a property that just went through a drug raid

Real Estate Broker · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2016 · 88 posts · 41 votes
Now I suppose you came here expecting a story of how I bought a property, however, I am actually seeking advice. I own this property in a somewhat rough area that is expected to be getting a great deal of renovations through the next 5-10 years as it is located near downtown Fort Wayne. This morning I got an email from a tenant explaining there was a drug raid across the street and had sent me a video of it. I deeply committed and concerned about this situation and really want to help this area. I am considering on buying this property if possible and was wondering if there are any creative ways of buying such as working with the city and/or police department to somehow get a discount or some loan from the city to do repairs and revitalize the area. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
0Reply
29 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
    8y

    a drug raid in my city, Jacksonville, FL does not mean that the property is seized by the city. what does the city want with a property? So you would need to contact the owner, see if they are tired of the tenants and see if maybe you can assume the mortgage or take over and pay him on a simple note. Kudos to you looking for an opportunity!

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    wait for it to come up here ....

    https://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/sales.htm

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.