Canadian looking to invest in the USA

6 Replies

Cashflowing properties are far and few between here in Canada, especially around the GTA ( greater Toronto Area)

but i'm looking to getting into some deals as an investor and partner up in some joint ventures , as well as get some capital investors to help me in getting my journey growing as well .

I still plan on investing in Canada unsing multiplexes and you never know also partnering up there as well.

I'm currenly looking at deals in Ohio, Flordia, Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, I just need to get  started.

Originally posted by @Darryl Zuber :

Cashflowing properties are far and few between here in Canada, especially around the GTA ( greater Toronto Area)

but i'm looking to getting into some deals as an investor and partner up in some joint ventures , as well as get some capital investors to help me in getting my journey growing as well .

I still plan on investing in Canada unsing multiplexes and you never know also partnering up there as well.

I'm currenly looking at deals in Ohio, Flordia, Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, I just need to get  started.

Those all sound like good markets. Investing out of state or country is a great way to earn a better ROI if your market does not cashflow.

Best of luck to you!

Originally posted by @Darryl Zuber :

Are you looking for multiplexes in those other cities too?

This post has been removed.

yes also looking in those cities for multi-plexs as well.

@Darryl Zuber I'm in Montreal and I'm looking for rental properties in the US. It is not straightforward for a Canadian to buy in the US. I think the easiest way is to buy from a turn key company.

@Darryl Zuber

There are still a good number of cash flowing properties here in Canada  ... you just need to look beyond the Big Smoke to find them.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.