A peek into my life... and maybe yours, too?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2017 · 97 posts · 71 votes
8y

This is my family when I mention real estate investing.

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chela O'ConnorPro Member
    Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2017 · 140 posts · 79 votes
    8y

    Love it!!  So true.

  • Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2017 · 97 posts · 71 votes
    8y

    This is my family when I mention real estate investing.

  • Specialist · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    @Mindy Jensen maybe mine too? Definitely mine too! I can really get going when someone asksme what I do. I feel like everyone should do this and am more than happy to explain why.  The moment real estate investing comes up, many are interested until their eyes start rolling into the back of their heads when you get into the nitty gritty.... Anyways great share. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Brookhaven, MS · Member since 2017 · 186 posts · 108 votes
    8y

    No matter how much I show the numbers to my family, they are the same way. I don't do this as a full time deal and so everyone is like, "You are just greedy" Don't you make enough already?

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y

    This video is what makes BiggerPockets so amazing. In real life, as I drive my  kids around to wherever, I comment on the houses for sale. "I can't believe they're asking that for that house!" "Can you believe that house is back on the market?"

    From the backseat, "Mom, we don't care." "This is boring."

  • Prospect Park, NJ · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Hello Everyone. My husband and I are new to Bigger Pockets. We want to start investing in real estate and have no clue where to begin. We figured Bigger pockets would help. I may ask a whole lot of questions. I'm apologizing ahead of time. 

  • Maurice IlaoPro Member
    Oceanside, NY · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Hahaha so true. 

  • Investor · Midlothian, VA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    This is great!  I can definitely relate to this!  I'm trying to expand my friend circle with more like minded people, it is so much fun!  I must say, I'm glad my wife is on the same page.

  • Tim BurkePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ithaca(ish), NY · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    8y

    I nearly cried. In the investing slack channel at work I'm the only RE investor where everyone else plays the stock market and this wasn't far off at all. 

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 84 posts · 46 votes
    8y
    Lol this is awesome! I’ll have to show this to people when they ask me why my hands are always covered in paint since I technically have a white collar job!
  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    i like it. =)

  • Property Manager · orono, ME · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Wow I wish that aired when i was a kid.

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Love that clip! EQUITY.

  • Investor · Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    That was fantastic!

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Sigh it's so true!

  • Pearland, TX · Member since 2017 · 67 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    We love Teen Titans Go! So much random, silly humor. Thanks for sharing the clip Mindy!

  • Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    When I mention real estate investing to my family, they look at me as if i'm speaking a language only I know.

  • Rental Property Investor · CT · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    I think we all need to just say we're invest in cryptocurrency.  Makes it much simpler - especially if you want to exit the conversation quickly.

  • James MasottiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Washington Township, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 976 votes
    8y

    #Awesomesauce

  • Dubuque, IA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Oh Teen Titans Go, how odd of a show you are compared to your former days: https://youtu.be/_xh58nUftgE

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Great clip :-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.