BirdDogs - Finding them and paying them.

BirdDogs - Finding them and paying them.

Goshen, KY · Member since 2009 · 835 posts · 683 votes

I have never used birddogs before, but I know a lot of investors have. Other than Cragis list or your local investors group, how can you find a good birddog? How much do you pay? Some say they pay a flat amount and some pay a percentage.

2Reply
212 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2010 · 681 posts · 241 votes
16y

We use birddogs all the time. We pay a percent of the profit, based on the work that they do. Obviously we pay a bigger percentage if they get the paperwork from the homeowner, etc. than if they just give us a name and phone number.

See this reply in the discussion

43 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 42 votes
    11y

    I have one if you're still looking @Cassie Davis just send me an email [REMOVED]

  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    @Cass R. Smith found one thanks 

  • Investor · Gainesville, GA · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jackie Patterson:

    Sharon and Maryann,

    We have a 5 page letter of agreement with our "birddogs" which spells out what we expect, what our responsiblities are, what the compensation is and how it's paid. In addition, our birddogs are kept in the loop with a weekly update on the status of the short sale. I agree that trust is important, but I also think you need to have everything in writing. Along with the letter of agreement, I get a W2 so that I can 1099 the Birddogs at the end of the year. The agreement clearly spells out that they are an independent contractor.

    Communication is key. We take good care of our "birddogs", and have even surprised them with an occasional bonus.

    Hi Jackie - I understand this is an old thread but do you have a contract that you are still using as described above? I'm looking for a contract to use with investors and any help you might provide is greatly appreciated.

  • Interior Designer and Home stager · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @Maryann L. Do you happen to have a sample of that contract? I would love to look over it and make the right changes to ensure that I get paid in a timely manner as well.

  • Montgomery, TX · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    I guess I am getting in on the end of a thread, but I would be interested in seeing a copy of the Bird   dog Agreement. Could you please send me a copy? 

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @Jackie Patterson I know this is a very old thread but do you mind sending me the contract you use for bird dogs? Much appreciated!

  • Middletown, CT · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I know this thread is super old but does anyone have a copy of the contracts that they use for Bird Dogs

  • Middletown, CT · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Jackie Patterson you probably get a lot of these but do you have a copy of the contract?

  • Middletown, CT · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Maryann L. Do you mind sharing a copy of the contract that you used?

  • Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I am interested in the agreement as well. I'm interested in becoming a bird dog in Kentucky. Thank you.

  • Fairburn, GA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Can someone pm me a bird dog agreement? We jus started using them and I'd like to have something in writing.

  • Norcross, GA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Hi, may someone please PM me the Bird Dog Agreement as well. I'd greatly appreciate it.

  • Escondido, CA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I am years behind on this thread, but if you can please PM a copy of the bird dog contract, that would be greatly appreciated :) 

    @Jackie Patterson @Maryann L. @Cass R. Smith

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Hello, learned some great info from this thread no matter how old it is! I’m just starting out and if someone could also PM me the bird dog contract, I would be very thankful!

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi I am new to this and I'm trying to be a Bird dog I live in Dallas Texas I already have pictures and address of house that many invester may love to see if any one can point me in the right direction or who would love to work with me so I can take care of my family and get closer to my gold if you can please contact me at my name is Stephen Denson thanks you so much

  • Wholesaler · Portsmouth NH · Member since 2019 · 208 posts · 95 votes
    1y

    Investorlift is a way to find BirdDogs, it's essentially where a lot of the off-market deals are posted. So, feel free to explore it. Regarding paying them, it's either a flat fee or a percentage.

  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Thanks Izaiah for the post and I will check out that website you mentioned.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.