Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Alan Grobmeier
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Where are YOU looking to park your money?

Alan Grobmeier
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Jul 29 2018, 00:46

For those of you that think we are back in a bubble:  Have you sold any of your places into the 'increase'?  If so, where did you 'park' your cash?

My issue is that between my wife & I we have sold 3 houses this year.  They were the 'dogs' of the portfolio, but we made good money.  We are prepared to hold any properties we presently have thru the next downturn/recession.  

Now we are sitting on some cash and no where to really put it to work. Stock market is overpriced, real estate is overpriced, dont really care for becoming a HML (hard money lender) due to risk.

I feel this won't 'end' well.  @Jay Hinrichs has stated that it is a good thing that prices are eclipsing the highs prior to the 'Great Recession'.  And generally speaking, I agree.  However, what I am seeing is unaffordability across the country.  And because of the lack of affordability, I am concerned.  Most of the new builds I am seeing are NOT 'everyman' houses, they are "McMansions", with high price tags.  We appear to truly be going towards a 'have' vs 'have not' society.  Our kids, saddled with zillions of $$$ of student loan debt, may NEVER be able to buy.

So, with that said, what is everyone investing in?  I know PM is not the answer (yet).

Thanks,

Loading replies...