What is your “Why” for Real Estate investing ?

What is your “Why” for Real Estate investing ?

Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes

My “why” for started in this business is to financially support my daughter college tuition, room and board plus books and other expenses associate with college. Later expands to annual cruise travels and vacation house for me and my wife; be a role model for Deaf and Hard of Hearing prospective RE investors; being a entrepreneur part-time for continue personal and professional growth.

33Reply
202 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y

control my family's financial future

See this reply in the discussion

146 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    control my family's financial future

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Mike Dymski

    Your strong “why” seems to help you stay focused and build sufficient Real Estate portfolios. Thanks for sharing.

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    There are several threads on this as well already, you might want to search and read those threads too. For me it's financial security/early retirement. I'm financially free, though I still continue to work my full time tech management job.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Alex Jones:

    My “why” for started in this business is to financially support my daughter college tuition, room and board plus books and other expenses associate with college. Later expands to annual cruise travels and vacation house for me and my wife; be a role model for Deaf and Hard of Hearing prospective RE investors; being a entrepreneur part-time for continue personal and professional growth.

    Wouldn’t most “why” all be the same for Re or any other job from any person answering? Just with slightly different wording?

    RE was the obvious choice to build long term generational wealth. Getting “rich” working a job isn’t all that hard  get o g wealthy is. My goal was to “retire” by 40. I just turned 44. I’m still investing because I like doing it but it’s nice to know I could be “done” if I wanted to 

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    I just wanted a taste of the glory.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 308 posts · 149 votes
    7y

    I want to build generational wealth for my family, own a real estate empire on the forbes list, and help reduce poverty around the world.  Big goals, but achievable.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Jack B.

    Thanks for letting me know and I will search for the threads. I didn’t realize it. I only recently become more active in this site. Thank for sharing your story.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Jim K.

    What glory look like? 😁

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Alex Jones:

    @Jim K.

    What glory look like? 😁

     Like 200 pesos.

  • Rental Property Investor · South shore, MA · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    My story is detailed, maybe ill blog about it someday.  

    But to make a long story short: I want to provide for my loved ones, my Son who is due this summer, and to help people along the way. REI is just a stepping stone goal of mine to get to a place where I can really make a difference in helping others. With that comes confidence within my own standards, and being able to live without fear.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Lee Burns:

    I want to build generational wealth for my family, own a real estate empire on the forbes list, and help reduce poverty around the world.  Big goals, but achievable.

     You and I can both be on the Forbes list today.  They just need to publish a looong list  ;)

  • Rental Property Investor · Sedan, KS · Member since 2016 · 125 posts · 92 votes
    7y

    @Alex Jones Necessity. I've worked overtime all of my life. Then I got hurt. Now I'm fairly worthless for physical labor but I can read.

    Real estate investing is the only way I can think of to make a living without an education. I always figured I would work until I die. I just didn't ever think I would enjoy it.

    It's been a lot of hard work and stress. A lot of late nights cursing and rolling around in the mud plumbing on a rental. But I'm pretty excited to finally see some results. This place is extremely motivating.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 919 posts · 911 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Cornstubble, real estate will give you an education.  Just a different kind.   ;-)

    You will, for example, learn a LOT about human nature and humans.  

  • Trey BurnsPro Member
    Upstate SC · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 38 votes
    7y

    I'm in it to add value to people and their cities...to change the way people think about housing...to blow up the "housing box" the majority lives in. 

    In Upstate SC, the housing market is booming at an unsustainable pace. Large plots of land being bought, every tree bulldozed, and tract homes being slapped and squeezed together for $110/square foot. We Facebook "owning" a home while paying a bank to live it in for 30 years after paying 75% of purchase price in interest. People just accept it and think that's the only option. 

    It takes someone going first to show the community there's a different way. We've sprawled our way to all kinds of infrastructure, environmental, and financial problems and if we don't frontier an alternative, my children and grandchildren will be left picking up the pieces. I'm in it to restore cities and families one house at at time.  

  • Real Estate Coach · Member since 2018 · 245 posts · 216 votes
    7y

    I did REI because I want to sit at home and play video games and sleep why everyone esle works to pay me rent. Thats the life.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Brian Ellis

    Thank for sharing Brian and I also read your profile. Look like you started well with your strong reason for investing into RE. RE is beyond wealth.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Jim K.

    I guess this a great sense of humor! Thanks for sharing Jim.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Jim K.

    I guess this a great sense of humor! Thanks for sharing Jim.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Cornstubble

    I read your story on your profile and thanks for sharing. I’m glad you was able to walk again after incident at work! Your strong reason for involving in RE is strong and thanks for sharing.

    Alex

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Alan Grobmeier

    Real Estate also not about property but human nature and and interactions as well! Well-said!!

    Alex

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Trey Burns

    WoW that is amazing seriously!! This look like a strong drive!!

    Alex

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Darius Kellar

    Darius, really? Maybe you consider ways to expands more?

    Alex

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Alex Jones

    It's a quote from the film "Nacho Libre." Actually, it's a misquote...it should be "a little taste of the glory." I like that scene of the film.

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Alex Jones I want to use this to build generational wealth for my family, and would also like to use this a springboard into other projects that I have in mind!

  • Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Alex Jones financial freedom

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.