Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Koury
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Can you make too much money in Real Estate?

Joseph Koury
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Mar 5 2020, 06:28

First, I love my real estate cash flows and the opportunity they have provided for my family...but I am curious how you all feel about this. The local and federal government is tightening their grip on Real Estate across the country. There are probably local groups in your city or state huddling together to figure out how to reduce the amount of money that can be made via real estate. They all have their stories about their bad landlord or their greedy landlord and their intentions, although misguided, are thought to be good by them. I work in marketing for a 10,000 unit developer and also own a portfolio of real estate so I am exposed to renters of all kinds. My question is, can too much money be made in real estate? Does this mean that the properties aren't getting maintained well enough? Does it mean that the investors are not reinvesting their profits into more real estate for the needed demand? Does it mean that renewals are priced too high? Or, does it just mean that real estate isn't transparent enough? I know the company I work for has investors across the country that invest with them and one of them is a pension fund for over 200,000 teachers. So our success/profits are aligned with the teachers' pensions. I love the fact that and it feels as though the reciprocal nature of real estate profits are not educated or discussed enough. What are your thoughts? 

Loading replies...