Managing a syndicated investment

Managing a syndicated investment

Investor · Orlando · Member since 2020 · 96 posts · 31 votes

Does anyone use a syndication management software program for investor reporting? I could piece something together with Excel and Quickbooks but was wondering if there was a better option out there for this. 

2Reply
88 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2020 · 173 posts · 198 votes
5y

@Bennet Sebastian Syndication Pro will do it right @Tj Lokboj!

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brian BurkePro Member
    Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y

    Juniper Square.

  • Investor · Orlando · Member since 2020 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Brian Burke. I just went to the website to check it out and find pricing. Looks like I have to fill out a form and speak to someone to get pricing options. Can you share any info on what it costs? 

  • Brian BurkePro Member
    Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y

    Starts around $10K to $15K per year if I recall.  Goes up from there. Mine’s going north of $20K so it’s not for everyone. If you just have 1 or 2 syndicates and don’t plan for a lot of growth there are cheaper alternatives. I’ve heard Investor Deal Room mentioned by a few people. I have no firsthand experience with IDR so I don’t know much about it but might be worth checking it out.

  • Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2020 · 173 posts · 198 votes
    5y

    @Bennet Sebastian Syndication Pro will do it right @Tj Lokboj!

  • Investor · Front Royal, VA · Member since 2013 · 586 posts · 418 votes
    5y

    @Bennet Sebastian I've used a few. IMS, Juniper Square, Syndication Pro. They all have advantages and disadvantages. I personally like Syndication Pro right now the best.

  • Investor · Sweden · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Does anyone know of any other tools for managing 1-5 syndications without a price tag of upwards of $ 10,000?

  • Investor · Orlando · Member since 2020 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    5y

    @Dominik Lehnert I just found out about https://groundbreaker.co/ in another post and it looks pretty comprehensive and it starts at $100/month. I will probably just  start with this as I don’t plan on having tens of millions of dollars of equity under management any time soon. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    We use IMS. We also use Hubspot for a lot of communication/CRM tasks. Not cheap but can't do without.

  • Investor · Orlando · Member since 2020 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Ben Leybovich. Could you tell me how much IMS costs? 

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Bennet Sebastian We use IDR (Investor Deal Room: https://investordealroom.com/) and the cost is around $5k-10k range. 

    Other IMS not mentioned above are: 

    Update Captial (https://www.updatecapital.com/)

    Invest Next (https://www.investnext.com/)

    AppFolio

    I have done a demo with most of the software, and I like IDR the best from a cost and functionality perspective. Juniper Square for me was powerful and if you are offering complicated equity structure with waterfalls all over the place then that is your tool. 

    Lastly, utility of the software by your investors is key because most investors may not even use it in the early days, but as you scale more investors might use it. We are tracking usage constantly. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bennet Sebastian:

    Thanks @Ben Leybovich. Could you tell me how much IMS costs? 

    No less than $1,000/month for IMS.

  • Investor · Orlando · Member since 2020 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Ola Dantis. Do you happen to know the cost for Update Capital and Invest Next? I've went ahead and contacted both for a demo. 

  • Investor · Provo, UT · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Shannon Robnett:

    @Bennet Sebastian Syndication Pro will do it right @Tj Lokboj!

    Thanks Shannon and Lucas! You both are rockstars and we are grateful to support your business! Hey Bennet, I would love to connect with you personally and support your evaluation. I will send over a DM.

    Cheers!

    TJ

  • Developer · Boise, ID · Member since 2020 · 173 posts · 198 votes
    5y

    @Dominik Lehnert Syndication Pro is not even close to that amount Catch @Tj Lokboj and gets a demo.  It's what we use for going on 5 deals now.  Super easy to use.

  • AJ ShepardPro Member
    Real Estate Syndicator · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 453 posts · 312 votes
    5y

    @Bennet Sebastian

    We use appfolio investment manager, syncs with property management software which is very nice.

    Seems very reasonable and they are a public company that is invested in making sure they are competitive both in price and in value.

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bennet Sebastian:

    Thanks @Ola Dantis. Do you happen to know the cost for Update Capital and Invest Next? I've went ahead and contacted both for a demo. 

     Bennet, it has been a while I had the Update Capital demo but I think the price is similar to IDR. I have no experience with Invest Next. 

  • Investor · Twin Falls, ID · Member since 2015 · 200 posts · 117 votes
    5y
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5y

    @Senate Eskridge

    Love to get your 2 cents on the review and approx cost for each and if one has added features over others.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Twin Falls, ID · Member since 2015 · 200 posts · 117 votes
    5y

    @Chris Seveney  I have narrowed it down to these three and have demos next couple of weeks with each.  

    https://syndicationpro.com/  ~ $200 - $250 per month to start.  I have invested on the LP side of this software it is good from that side. 

    https://www.investnext.com/ ~ $125 per month to start and goes up based on funds under management


    https://groundbreaker.co/  They are not very transparent with their pricing structure I am told it is roughly $200 - $300 per month.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    @Senate Eskridge , so what is your take on the other four programs ?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 215 posts · 42 votes
    4y

    Anyone end up signing up for Groundbreaker.co? How has your experience been and what are you paying each month? Not seeing any pricing on their website for some reason...

  • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    I am glad to have come across this topic.

    Seeking similar information.  

    It appears Syndication Pro, Ground Breaker and Juniper keep coming up in this thread.

  • Investor · Sugar Hill, GA · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 97 votes
    4y

    I provide a Status report that contains Financial Statements made with Quickbooks and a timeline made with Trello.  We keep all tracking separated by project and don't have the need yet to consolidate all investments by a single client. If it comes to that, Groundbraker will be the first one I'll check in detail. 

  • Real Estate Syndicator · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 907 votes
    4y

    Syndication Pro is a solid solution, we used them for a while.  Recently switched over to Appfolio Investment Manager.  Although I like to support the smaller shops, Appfolio has much more capital and resources.  And ultimately, they provide the most sophisticated solution.  

  • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Brock Mogensen:

    Syndication Pro is a solid solution, we used them for a while.  Recently switched over to Appfolio Investment Manager.  Although I like to support the smaller shops, Appfolio has much more capital and resources.  And ultimately, they provide the most sophisticated solution.  


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.