Has anyone used Seabury Investments LLC for funding?

Has anyone used Seabury Investments LLC for funding?

Bonnie LowPro Member
Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Just doing due diligence here. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used Seabury Investments LLC as a private money lender, both positive and negative experiences. They have a nice package of loan options, but I'm always cautious when working with someone new. Unfortunately, if you type 'Seabury Investments' in the search, you get 200 pages of posts with the word Investments. And if you just type Seabury, you get a bunch of individuals with the last name of Seabury. Thanks in advance.

1Reply
169 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2023 · 1 post · 3 votes
3y

Haven't signed anything with them but found their terms scam like. 5% interest on a non investment property. If I wired them $4,200 then they would wire me back $210,000 within 48 hours with no scheduled closing to payoff existing loan.  Also, if they didn't do the loan they would pay me $21,000. Also contacted by Judith Kot 512-518-5809

See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Bonnie Low

    So you can’t find a website?

    If their email is gmail, aol or another then run if it’s not a domain with a website

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    OP
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Chris Seveney Yes, I found their website, I have their marketing materials and I've talked to their broker. I'm looking for real people who have experience using them.

  • Lender · Toronto, Canada · Member since 2021 · 67 posts · 37 votes
    3y

    Hi Bonny, I’m looking to find their loan package to take a look but can’t find it online. Would you mind sharing? 

  • Lender · NJ · Member since 2022 · 129 posts · 18 votes
    3y

    Can't find much about them.. little to no presence could be either really good or really bad.. Typically the ladder...

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    I am also looking to see if they are legit.  Their terms look too good. 

  • Investor · Atl, GA · Member since 2021 · 63 posts · 39 votes
    3y

    Do they have any reviews from current or past borrowers? How did you hear about them? I would reach out to other investors and investor agents where they claim to do business (and where you'd like to do business with them) and see if they're familiar with this company. You can also find out who the leaders are in the company and vet them. But if no one has heard of them and their loan products are too good to be true I would steer clear. 

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Bonnie Low

    So you can’t find a website?

    If their email is gmail, aol or another then run if it’s not a domain with a website


    I'm also wondering the same as Bonnie. I've been contacted by one of their team members and he does have a Gmail. Chris says to RUN if its a Gmail and not a domain with a website. Their terms do sound too good to be true.
  • Robin SimonBusiness Member
    Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2022 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Bonnie Low

    So you can’t find a website?

    If their email is gmail, aol or another then run if it’s not a domain with a website


     100% agree with this

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

     I have been in contact with Judith Kot. Website https://seaburyinvestments.com/. I'm doing some research as well, haven't found much.

  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bonnie Low:

    Just doing due diligence here. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used Seabury Investments LLC as a private money lender, both positive and negative experiences. They have a nice package of loan options, but I'm always cautious when working with someone new. Unfortunately, if you type 'Seabury Investments' in the search, you get 200 pages of posts with the word Investments. And if you just type Seabury, you get a bunch of individuals with the last name of Seabury. Thanks in advance.


     anything too good to be true is scam because all lender uses the same logic anyway lol.

    for example i can offer you 110%financing, but you have to transfer me $30K initiation/appraisar fee and then I would disappear LOL

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    OP
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Carlos Ptriawan I don't recall saying their offer was too good to be true. I asked if anyone had worked with them. But hey, your snarky response might have helped someone.

  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    just use common sense.

    ALL lender in US is following the same logic when they offer you a loan :) that's a basic principle.

    What I tell you is how the scammer works.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bonnie Low:

    @Carlos Ptriawan I don't recall saying their offer was too good to be true. I asked if anyone had worked with them. But hey, your snarky response might have helped someone.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Bonnie,I haven't been able to gather any data on this lender either.I was contacted by them also.

    If you do come across any info,please keep me in the loop.Thank you.

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    OP
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @James Custus we decided to pass. I did find their website but the lender who reached out to me raised too many red flags. And I still haven't found anyone who has worked with them. 

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 3 votes
    3y

    Haven't signed anything with them but found their terms scam like. 5% interest on a non investment property. If I wired them $4,200 then they would wire me back $210,000 within 48 hours with no scheduled closing to payoff existing loan.  Also, if they didn't do the loan they would pay me $21,000. Also contacted by Judith Kot 512-518-5809

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tamara Williams:

    Haven't signed anything with them but found their terms scam like. 5% interest on a non investment property. If I wired them $4,200 then they would wire me back $210,000 within 48 hours with no scheduled closing to payoff existing loan.  Also, if they didn't do the loan they would pay me $21,000. Also contacted by Judith Kot 512-518-5809


     Sounds fishy to me. I didn't get that far in my conversation with Judith Kot 

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    The person I was contacted by is Arron Creda. When I asked who the CEO was, he gave me Judith info. First they'll ask for $$$ for paperwork processing $1,500. This part was ok although it was unexpected because it's considered a "Hard Money Lender". Then they'll will ask for 10% which they'll send back to you. This is where it gets fishy for me because I was never told about this %10 deposit. For example,  I was talking to Aron about $75k. They wanted me to wire them $7,500 and within 48 hours they would then send me $75k+the $7,500 to prove to them I have the reserves but I just sent Then three months of company bank statements. Why is there a need to send them a total of $9k to borrow $75k?????

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Looked at their incorporation paperwork.  Involuntary dissolution in 2021 which was reinstated in 22.  Not super unusual, but anyone who asks for 10% up front is a scam.  Wish it were true, but every lender bases their rates off of Sofi or 10 yr Treasury, etc.  How can they lend under market rates??

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Oh yeah... forgot to say:  their email addresses are gmail... red flag!

  • Rental Property Investor · Dearborn, MI · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 48 votes
    3y

    Thanks for this everyone! I was contacted by Terri Lewis and given an app to fill out. I too was thinking the terms seemed very favorable. She emailed me from a non-gmail account and I found the site, but I can't find anything about them online. 

    Thank you @Tony Rosier and @Tamara Williams for sharing your experience!

    Will have to pass!

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    If you find out anything different, please let me know.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tamara Williams:

    Haven't signed anything with them but found their terms scam like. 5% interest on a non investment property. If I wired them $4,200 then they would wire me back $210,000 within 48 hours with no scheduled closing to payoff existing loan.  Also, if they didn't do the loan they would pay me $21,000. Also contacted by Judith Kot 512-518-5809


    OK buys as someone who has been a PML and HML for 30 plus years this is simply a pump and dump up front fee scam nothing more nothing less. NO ONE has 5% money heck prime is at 7.5 your not going to get HML or pML for less than prime .  reasonable PML HML rates are 10 to 15% interest with 2 to 6 points plus fees and NO fee's up front at all except maybe appraisal.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tony Rosier:

    The person I was contacted by is Arron Creda. When I asked who the CEO was, he gave me Judith info. First they'll ask for $$$ for paperwork processing $1,500. This part was ok although it was unexpected because it's considered a "Hard Money Lender". Then they'll will ask for 10% which they'll send back to you. This is where it gets fishy for me because I was never told about this %10 deposit. For example,  I was talking to Aron about $75k. They wanted me to wire them $7,500 and within 48 hours they would then send me $75k+the $7,500 to prove to them I have the reserves but I just sent Then three months of company bank statements. Why is there a need to send them a total of $9k to borrow $75k?????


    Because there is a very high chance you will never see the 7500 again and the loan wont get funded this is exactly how fake lenders work.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bonnie Low:

    @James Custus we decided to pass. I did find their website but the lender who reached out to me raised too many red flags. And I still haven't found anyone who has worked with them. 


    Bonnie,  it would be a huge help to the community here for you to expound a little on what you thought were red flags.. so others will know what to look for.
    I saw you guys got some snow last week.. !!!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.