Looking for a mentor/ investor realtor

Looking for a mentor/ investor realtor

Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 22 votes

I have a unique situation and I'm looking for someone that can best fit what I'm looking for and give me a more hands on approach. 

im working permanently overseas for the next few years and im looking to buy my first rental property. I'm 24 years old, no debt, around 150K a year after taxes in income. I have no bills. Good credit score. Also looking to use my VA loan. This would be my first big purchase.

i want to buy a 3-4 unit property, but i dont know much about analyzing deals, or what to look for. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for. Since I'm not there in country to go and check out the properties, i need someone I can trust. I need a broker/ realtor that specializes in analyzing deals and handling the purchasing of investments from start to finish. Trying to make this as smooth as possible and I'm looking to buy within the next 3-4 months. 

any recommendations would be highly appreciated! 

7Reply
443 views

Most Popular Reply

G. Brian DavisPro Member
Investor · Hatboro, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 850 votes
11mo

That's awesome you're investing from overseas! I actually just moved back to the States myself, after spending 10 years living and investing from abroad. 

One thing I discovered over those 10 years is that It's a lot easier to invest passively long-distance than actively. I've invested in over 40 passive deals, spread all over the US, and I'd have had a much harder time doing that if I were buying individual properties directly. 

I now exclusively invest passively, as a member of a co-investing club where we meet every month to vet investments together and each invest small amounts. That's not to say you can't invest actively from overseas, it's just a lot harder. 

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

    I have a unique situation and I'm looking for someone that can best fit what I'm looking for and give me a more hands on approach. 

    im working permanently overseas for the next few years and im looking to buy my first rental property. I'm 24 years old, no debt, around 150K a year after taxes in income. I have no bills. Good credit score. Also looking to use my VA loan. This would be my first big purchase.

    i want to buy a 3-4 unit property, but i dont know much about analyzing deals, or what to look for. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for. Since I'm not there in country to go and check out the properties, i need someone I can trust. I need a broker/ realtor that specializes in analyzing deals and handling the purchasing of investments from start to finish. Trying to make this as smooth as possible and I'm looking to buy within the next 3-4 months. 

    any recommendations would be highly appreciated! 

    Hi @Madi Shanahan, welcome to the BP Forum! What is your price range/down payment amount? Are you looking for turn-key properties or something along the lines of a "fixer upper"? Are you interested in properties in Chicagoland or somewhere else?

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 22 votes
      11mo

      @Jaycee Greene 600K-850K. Not a turn key but something that needs minor/ light cosmetic renovations. Interested in Chicago 

  • Member since 2025 · 35 posts · 14 votes
    11mo

    Hi Madi, its impressive that you have such a solid foundation to start investing at your age, very cool! I work in hard money lending and companies like ours are a good resource to learn different markets and how to analyze deals yourself, which will be important even when you have a team and a realtor to help you with that. I wanted to include us hard money lenders for your consideration, and wish you good luck as you get started with your first deal. 

  • G. Brian DavisPro Member
    Investor · Hatboro, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 850 votes
    11mo

    That's awesome you're investing from overseas! I actually just moved back to the States myself, after spending 10 years living and investing from abroad. 

    One thing I discovered over those 10 years is that It's a lot easier to invest passively long-distance than actively. I've invested in over 40 passive deals, spread all over the US, and I'd have had a much harder time doing that if I were buying individual properties directly. 

    I now exclusively invest passively, as a member of a co-investing club where we meet every month to vet investments together and each invest small amounts. That's not to say you can't invest actively from overseas, it's just a lot harder. 

  • Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo

    Good to be eager but you’re moving too fast. 

    Real estate should be hyper-local when you start out. Also, you might not like being a landlord. 

    So ditch the mentor idea until you know you like being a landlord. Invest your money wisely, and when you get home, see about house hacking a duplex, or maybe a three flat, where you live. See if you like being a landlord. If you do, then buy a second building, again, hyper-local. Get a couple of years under your belt.

    During your first buy, if you find that you like the idea of being a landlord (or at least don’t hate it), start doing real estate networking. Get to know people. 

    Mentors who charge fees? High priced courses? Nope.

    • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      11mo
      Quote from @John Clark:

      Good to be eager but you’re moving too fast. 

      Real estate should be hyper-local when you start out. Also, you might not like being a landlord. 

      So ditch the mentor idea until you know you like being a landlord. Invest your money wisely, and when you get home, see about house hacking a duplex, or maybe a three flat, where you live. See if you like being a landlord. If you do, then buy a second building, again, hyper-local. Get a couple of years under your belt.

      During your first buy, if you find that you like the idea of being a landlord (or at least don’t hate it), start doing real estate networking. Get to know people. 

      Mentors who charge fees? High priced courses? Nope.

      @Madi Shanahan: If you are going to be overseas for that long of a time, I'd wait until I got back stateside. Too many things can go wrong. And since @John Clark: gives his legal advice for free, he should know. Ask him, and he will deliver. :-)
    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 22 votes
      11mo

      @John Clark I'd be buying in Chicago, where I live. I just work overseas for the time being an I plan on house hacking and hiring a company to manage the renting side of things until I can come back home permanently. Why would it be moving too fast to buy one property in my hometown that I can rent out 

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 22 votes
      11mo

      @John Clark I'm looking for an investor friendly agent that can teach me a bit about it in turn for me purchasing a property through them. Don't want to pay for a course I'd want direct mentorship 

    • Tj FlorosPro Member
      Real Estate Agent · Chicago · Member since 2025 · 95 posts · 74 votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

      @John Clark I'd be buying in Chicago, where I live. I just work overseas for the time being an I plan on house hacking and hiring a company to manage the renting side of things until I can come back home permanently. Why would it be moving too fast to buy one property in my hometown that I can rent out 

      Hi Madi, 

      like you I used my VA loan on my fist house hack and it was the best decision I could have made, I did some renovations to the bathrooms in 2 of the units and now it's cash flowing pretty good since I've moved out. Since then I've been an agent myself helping veterans use the VA to house hack. To be honest I don't think you'll be able to use your VA loan while overseas. 

      VA loans are owner occupied loans so you have to live in the property post closing for at least a year. It would be hard for underwriting to approve your VA loan since you work overseas. You'll basically have to prove that you live back in chciago full time and that you'll be living in Chicago post closing underwriting will probably flag anything that looks like you don't or won't be living in Chicago. But I would probably talk with a lender about that to double check.

      I would also go to the VA website and apply for your COE which is your certificate of entitlement which will tell you how much entitlement you have for the VA loan. If I remember correctly as long as you did 1 full year on active duty you'll get full entitlement. So if you did a normal 4 year active enlistment you should be good or if you have the GI bill you'll probably be good as well. Also if you have any disability even 10% the VA will waive some fee's usually the funding fee which is 1% of the purchase price. So if you get a loan for 800k the VA will waive the 8k funding fee that is consider closing cost. The funding fee is what keeps the VA program going for other veterans. 


      if you have any questions about the VA loan, the process or the buying/ house hacking process feel free to DM me. When I was using my VA loan i learned a lot about the program, which is the best loan program for any home owner or investor hands down. 
    • Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

      I'd be buying in Chicago, where I live. 


      "I'd be buying in Chicago, where I live."

      ---------------------------------------------------

       All the more reason to not do anything but invest your money and read up on real estate until you get out. Chicago is a very unfriendly place for investors and landlords. the tenancy laws are EXTREMELY pro-tenant, the financial system is unstable (Chicago -- and Illinois -- are beyond bankrupt, so property taxes, et cetera WILL skyrocket), and the "team" you hire will help themselves, not you.

      So learn, and invest in safe, passive investments. Concentrate on your military career. Get your formal education. Remote hands-on investing like real estate is extremely difficult even for seasoned investors. For a novice overseas? Not a chance in Hades.

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 22 votes
      11mo

      @John Clark I appreciate the honesty, so do you recommend avoiding investing in Chicago? If so where would you recommend I look instead? Suburbs, or another state alotgether. 

    • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

      @John Clark I'm looking for an investor friendly agent that can teach me a bit about it in turn for me purchasing a property through them. Don't want to pay for a course I'd want direct mentorship 

      @John Clark "Mentors who charge fees? High priced courses? Nope." says he does the same job for free, but you have to ask him. He's shy, so you have to ask nicely.
  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 916 votes
    11mo

    @Madi Shanahan

    Madi, you're in a great position to start investing — strong income, VA eligibility, and a clear vision. Since you're overseas, I'd recommend focusing on the Midwest where properties are more affordable, rents are stable, and it's easier to find investor-friendly agents and reliable property managers who can handle everything remotely. Look for solid B or C+ neighborhoods with strong rent demand and manageable property taxes, and make sure to get an inspector and manager you trust on board early. The Midwest offers great entry points for first-time investors like you who want long-term stability and cash flow without overextending.

  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11mo

    @Madi Shanahan

    I'm with @John Clark on this one.  I know this isn't what you want to hear, and this is a real estate forum, but the market is unforgiving right now and so I would wait until you move back.

    Just to be blunt, what I hear you saying is: "I found BP, and so I have to buy something immediately even if I buy in the wrong location without a team in place and will lose money on it."

    Why do that?

    It's not a realtor's job to do what you seem to be wanting.  Sure, you can find someone to go look at properties and send you photos and videos.  But will they take responsibility for "finding you a deal"?  Placing a tenant and managing it?  Making sure it's profitable?  Nope.  There is no such role.  You want it to be as smooth as possible but it's almost guaranteed not to be smooth.

    If you are able to travel back periodically and look at properties in person, meet with folks in person, set up a team in person, and take responsibility for everything, OK, that's different.  But I am just going by what you posted.

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 22 votes
      11mo

      @Nicholas L. I appreciate you being blunt, I'd rather have full honesty. I'd be willing to pay someone to find me the right deal, and to put extra care into it. I'm just purely wondering if it's possible to find someone that's willing to do that or if it just wouldn't happen. 

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 22 votes
      11mo

      @Nicholas L. I'm also curious what you mean by there's no such role with regards to someone managing my property and finding tenants. I know plenty of people that provide that sort of expertise. Obviously it's something I'd have to pay out of pocket for. I'm just genuinely trying to see how feasible it is to do this deal almost completely remote. I also plan to come down to Chicago and view some properties on my vacay. And when I'm not there have my good friend check the place out or be there when I have contractors over doing work (if it's needed). Now that you have more background, do you still think I should hold off? 

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

    I have a unique situation and I'm looking for someone that can best fit what I'm looking for and give me a more hands on approach. 

    im working permanently overseas for the next few years and im looking to buy my first rental property. I'm 24 years old, no debt, around 150K a year after taxes in income. I have no bills. Good credit score. Also looking to use my VA loan. This would be my first big purchase.

    i want to buy a 3-4 unit property, but i dont know much about analyzing deals, or what to look for. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for. Since I'm not there in country to go and check out the properties, i need someone I can trust. I need a broker/ realtor that specializes in analyzing deals and handling the purchasing of investments from start to finish. Trying to make this as smooth as possible and I'm looking to buy within the next 3-4 months. 

    any recommendations would be highly appreciated! 


    What you are asking is basically for someone to do the investing for you. You'll find a green agent with no rental properties of their own who is willing to do that, but you get what you pay for that extra work (which is nothing). You could partner with someone 50/50 - you provide funds, they do everything else. But I have been on record too many times here on BP to advise against partnerships (that's like getting married, you better be sure..)

    You'll need non-owner-occupied financing, which one a multi means 25% down, so realistically 400k to 600k for a move-in-ready property that's not in the hood. And there is always something to fix or upgrade. 

    The most important thing on your first deal is to learn. And you won't learn much if you are not doing it. That's why a lot of people are telling you to stay on the sidelines and learn and read books about investing. My team works with OOS investors, but as a policy, we need OOS investors to travel to Milwaukee and spend time with us on the ground to really understand what they are buying, both neighborhood quality and property quality. Once they have made that determination, we can take it online and do showings via Zoom. But you still have to run your own numbers and ultimately, make that decision. That's tough to do without experience from overseas. 

    So yes, maybe it's better to shelf real estate until you are back in the country.

  • Kevin FarmarBusiness Member
    Chicagoland, IL · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    11mo

    Hi Madi,

    I am a Chicagoland realtor and investor. Happy to answer more questions you may have. Without diving too deep, your VA loan will require you to occupy the property for one year. I can connect you with a local lender/multi-unit owner to see what options are on the table, especially as it relates to your VA benefit.

    Multi-unit listings come and go, but first I would really advise getting a handle on your pre-approval and understanding what a payment scenario looks like. 

    There's a lot of moving parts owning a building, especially when you are out of state (or country!). With the right team and experience, it can be done. Just know, having someone manage your property while you're away will come at a cost. 

    Let's connect sometime and dig a little deeper on this. If you're able to pull it off in the months to come, that's great. Otherwise, I'd suggest immersing yourself in this subject and familiarizing yourself with how deals work. 24 is so young and you have plenty of time to start investing 

  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11mo

    @Madi Shanahan

    good question.  there's two versions of this.

    -the first is - is there a set of people that together, provide all of these services?  Of course - agent, PM, contractor, lender, etc.

    -the second is - is there a person or role that: finds you a great property and guarantees that it's successful and that you make money?  there is not.  that's what i was saying, and I think what @Marcus Auerbach was seconding.

    no agent will take responsibility for that, and just because they "recommend" something - that doesn't mean anything.  after closing, they're on to the next property and if something goes wrong they're not coming back to fix it.

    this is what we tend to see happen when things play out as you're describing - a friend or an agent does the looking:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/1242392-rough...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/1137397-balti...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/432/topics/1231840-sell...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/840134-memph...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/963/topics/1195280-expe...

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 22 votes
      11mo

      @Nicholas L. So what tools would you recommend I use to analyze the deal myself and set myself up the best for success for my first rental? I want to make sure I do my due diligence on my end since you made a good point, at the end of the day only I will have my best interest. I may have an agent work with me but they won't go out of their way to guarantee that things are set up 100%. And thank you I will take a look at these links! Really appreciate your input 

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

    I have a unique situation and I'm looking for someone that can best fit what I'm looking for and give me a more hands on approach. 

    im working permanently overseas for the next few years and im looking to buy my first rental property. I'm 24 years old, no debt, around 150K a year after taxes in income. I have no bills. Good credit score. Also looking to use my VA loan. This would be my first big purchase.

    i want to buy a 3-4 unit property, but i dont know much about analyzing deals, or what to look for. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for. Since I'm not there in country to go and check out the properties, i need someone I can trust. I need a broker/ realtor that specializes in analyzing deals and handling the purchasing of investments from start to finish. Trying to make this as smooth as possible and I'm looking to buy within the next 3-4 months. 

    any recommendations would be highly appreciated! 

    Hey Madi, welcome to BiggerPockets and congrats on setting yourself up so well financially at such a young age—that's a great position to be in. Buying a small multifamily with a VA loan is a super smart move since it lets you get into an income-producing property with little to no money down. Since you're overseas and want a hands-on, trustworthy team, I'd recommend looking at markets where strong investor infrastructure already exists, like Columbus, Ohio. A ton of out-of-state and even overseas investors buy here because the macroeconomics are really strong—population and job growth are booming, and we've got massive employers like Intel, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Honda, Microsoft, and LG all building and expanding. You can still find 3–4 unit properties or single-family homes in the $120K–180K range that hit the 1% rule and cash flow from day one, and it's a very landlord-friendly state which helps when you're managing from afar. I moved from Portland to Columbus back in 2020 to invest full-time and now own 10+ rentals here, so I've seen firsthand how smooth it can be for out-of-state buyers when they have the right team in place. Happy to connect and answer any questions you have!

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

    I have a unique situation and I'm looking for someone that can best fit what I'm looking for and give me a more hands on approach. 

    im working permanently overseas for the next few years and im looking to buy my first rental property. I'm 24 years old, no debt, around 150K a year after taxes in income. I have no bills. Good credit score. Also looking to use my VA loan. This would be my first big purchase.

    i want to buy a 3-4 unit property, but i dont know much about analyzing deals, or what to look for. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for. Since I'm not there in country to go and check out the properties, i need someone I can trust. I need a broker/ realtor that specializes in analyzing deals and handling the purchasing of investments from start to finish. Trying to make this as smooth as possible and I'm looking to buy within the next 3-4 months. 

    any recommendations would be highly appreciated! 


     which areas are you looking to purchase in?

  • Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11mo

    Here is what AI says about the VA loan occupancy requirement. You should definitely talk to a lender about this to see if you would qualify as a starting point:

    VA loan occupancy requires that the borrower intend to use the property as their primary residence, which typically means moving in within 60 days of closing. However, exceptions are made for situations like active-duty deployment, a spouse occupying the home while the veteran is away, or significant home repairs, allowing for extensions beyond the initial 60-day window. The borrower must certify their intent to occupy and communicate any delays to their lender, providing documentation for the reason for the delay. General requirements

    • Primary residence: You must certify that you intend to personally occupy the property as your primary residence, not as an investment or vacation home.
    • 60-day move-in: Typically, you must move into the home within 60 days of the loan closing.
    • Multi-unit properties: If you purchase a property with up to four units, you can use a VA loan as long as you occupy one of the units as your primary residence.

    Exceptions to the 60-day rule

    • Active duty and deployment: You may receive an extension if you are on active duty and cannot move in immediately. You can also be considered to meet the requirement if your spouse or dependent child occupies the home while you are deployed, says Veterans United Home Loans and Military.com.
    • Home repairs: If the property needs significant repairs before it is habitable, an extension can be granted. You must certify your intent to occupy the home after the work is completed.
    • Hardship: The VA may grant waivers in cases of hardship, such as a medical emergency or job loss.
    • Surviving spouse: In certain cases, a surviving spouse of a veteran who died in the line of duty or from a service-related disability may be able to use the VA loan benefit without occupying the property.

    After moving in

    • You can rent out your property and buy another home with a VA loan after you have lived in the first home for at least 12 months, or after you have met the VA's occupancy requirements and then received new military orders, note Rocket Mortgage and Military.com.
    • The VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL) is an exception where occupancy is not required after closing.
  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

    I have a unique situation and I'm looking for someone that can best fit what I'm looking for and give me a more hands on approach. 

    im working permanently overseas for the next few years and im looking to buy my first rental property. I'm 24 years old, no debt, around 150K a year after taxes in income. I have no bills. Good credit score. Also looking to use my VA loan. This would be my first big purchase.

    i want to buy a 3-4 unit property, but i dont know much about analyzing deals, or what to look for. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for. Since I'm not there in country to go and check out the properties, i need someone I can trust. I need a broker/ realtor that specializes in analyzing deals and handling the purchasing of investments from start to finish. Trying to make this as smooth as possible and I'm looking to buy within the next 3-4 months. 

    any recommendations would be highly appreciated! 


     Madi you are in a good spot. I'd do some research on what markets fit your goal. New investors look for cashflow, appreciation, and a market that is booming with jobs. Choose a good market and use the agent finder tool to chat with a few of them. 

    Investor agents will connect you with a good pm, contractor, and lenders. They will offer guidance in how to analyze or you can analyze an example deal with them as well. 

  • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11mo

    Hi, are you open to a VA foreclosure in Lawton, OK? Lawton was named one of BP top 25 cities in the rental market. I am an investor and licensed in Oklahoma. I specialize in VA/HUD foreclosure acquisitions. Happy to help.

  • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11mo

    Hi, are you open to a VA foreclosure in Lawton, OK? Lawton was named one of BP top 25 cities in the rental market. I am an investor and licensed in Oklahoma. I specialize in VA/HUD foreclosure acquisitions. Happy to help.

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    11mo

    Madi, I'm not in Chicago. However I am in Michigan, in a suburb outside of Flint. The rental market is pretty hot this way.

    I'm a local Realtor and Project Manager for a GC. My wife and I are both very experienced with property management as well. Not only can I find you a great property, I can be the boots on the ground that discovers all the major issues with a property and take care of repairs and maintenance needs.

    If you'd consider investing this way, feel free to reach out. I'd love to chat with you regarding this! Best of luck on your new investment either way! 

  • Mike FisherBusiness Member
    New Lenox, IL · Member since 2024 · 98 posts · 53 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Madi Shanahan:

    I have a unique situation and I'm looking for someone that can best fit what I'm looking for and give me a more hands on approach. 

    im working permanently overseas for the next few years and im looking to buy my first rental property. I'm 24 years old, no debt, around 150K a year after taxes in income. I have no bills. Good credit score. Also looking to use my VA loan. This would be my first big purchase.

    i want to buy a 3-4 unit property, but i dont know much about analyzing deals, or what to look for. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for. Since I'm not there in country to go and check out the properties, i need someone I can trust. I need a broker/ realtor that specializes in analyzing deals and handling the purchasing of investments from start to finish. Trying to make this as smooth as possible and I'm looking to buy within the next 3-4 months. 

    any recommendations would be highly appreciated! 

    Hello Madi,

    I work with quite a few investors who are overseas or out of state, so I completely understand the need for someone you can trust to handle everything on the ground here in Illinois.
    My focus is in the Chicagoland area and nearby suburbs, and I can definitely help make the process smooth from identifying opportunities to closing on the right property.

    If you’d like, we can set up a quick call so I can learn more about your goals and walk you through how the process would look step by step. You can also visit my website to get a feel for how I help clients invest remotely and manage properties with confidence.
    M Property Group LLC | MF Cashflow Property Management4.9102 Reviews
  • Eudith VacioPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago & NWI · Member since 2015 · 860 posts · 521 votes
    11mo

    Hey Madi! 👋🏽

    It sounds like you’re in a great position to take this next step! From what you’ve shared, you seem more than prepared financially, and I definitely think you should make this move.

    Out of curiosity, which part of Chicago are you looking in? Different realtors specialize in different areas and strategies, so narrowing that down will help you find someone who really understands the neighborhoods and investment style you’re after.

    You’re already ahead of the game by doing your research and asking the right questions — excited to see where this journey takes you! 

  • Aaron ZimmermanBusiness Member
    Accountant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo

    What areas are you trying to buy into Chicago? From there, I can help recommend great real estate agents to connect you with. 

  • Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 16 votes
    10mo

    I own over 100 units in MS.  One of the main things to be aware of is that anything under 5 units is going to be residential and the value is going to be based off of comps or other similar properties nearby.  I am a licensed agent in Georgia and happy to talk with you anytime.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.