Tenant Breaking Lease
Hi all- I have a quick question which I'm pretty sure we know the answer to, but just want to be sure we're not missing something.
We have a tenant in Bremerton, Wa who got a dog- dogs are permitted with prior authorization and a deposit. They didn't get a prior auth and our property manager told them they needed to, but not to do it again. They did it again. This time our PM told them to comply or vacate and they said they were leaving. Our PM said that because we told them to leave, they are not responsible for paying the rent until a new tenant is found, which is what it says in the lease. We argued with them that they are leaving because they are not in compliance and provided the RCW- have not yet heard back. This is a reputable Property manager (Windermere) and we have been passed around to multiple PMs over the past couple of years as they don't seem to stay long- saying this because I don't think they have much experience.
So should they be paying until a new tenant is found?