Turnkey Dad, Penis Dad

42 Replies

Turnkey Dad hates the smell of cat urine and makes no money on the buy.  Penis Dad thinks cat urine smells like money and loves a well placed penis on a wall.  I just bought this one LOL. 

Purchase $80K, repairs needed $30K, ARV $170.

It looks like they left you some cool stuff too! Donate the clothes and furniture for a tax write-off. And tupperware tubs... score!

That's one of my favorite things about buying properties - when past tenants leave things (old antique furniture, tools, gas cans, sports cards). 

Hi Terrell,

It always amazes me when someone makes a decision to spray paint on the interior walls of where they live.

I could never imagine myself ever doing that, but it seems to happen often in some areas.

Scott...

Originally posted by @Terrell Garren :

Turnkey Dad hates the smell of cat urine and makes no money on the buy.  Penis Dad thinks cat urine smells like money and loves a well placed penis on a wall.  I just bought this one LOL. 

lol awesome post.

What a great buy.  Spray paint on the walls is perfect.  Easy and low cost to fix.  

My kind of house! lol Nice find.

Hesitated to click on this post...glad I did haha...awesome find!

It's always the best to use BRRRR strategy.

I would be glad they did not kick holes in the walls then you are talking money to repair .That looks like one of the shows where they stage it to look bad for the viewers .

Nice clickbait! What a great find!

this is what over time rentals will look like be prepared if you want to go that route..

@Cody DeLong

I agree but it might limit your renter pool. Takes the right type of person to appreciate modern art.

nice penisbait! thought this was an autocorrect or something at first lol 

what all are you doing for 30k? from pics it looks like mostly flooring and paint (to cover up these beautiful drawings)

Originally posted by @Billy Smith :

I would be glad they did not kick holes in the walls then you are talking money to repair .That looks like one of the shows where they stage it to look bad for the viewers .

Oh, I've got some holes in the walls.  Patching wall holes is usually a round error in my repair budget though.

Originally posted by @Victor S. :

what all are you doing for 30k? from pics it looks like mostly flooring and paint (to cover up these beautiful drawings)

It was a back of the napkin estimate.  HVAC $8K, painting & wall repairs (remove popcorn ceiling) $7K, remodel bathroom and repair subfloor $5K, floors $3K, appliances $2K, misc $5K. 

Originally posted by @Victor S.:

It was a back of the napkin estimate.  HVAC $8K, painting & wall repairs (remove popcorn ceiling) $7K, remodel bathroom and repair subfloor $5K, floors $3K, appliances $2K, misc $5K. 

Was it a Foreclosure? Plenty of those looked like that back when I was doing pre-foreclosures. 

Originally posted by @Mike M. :
Originally posted by @Terrell Garren:
Originally posted by @Victor S.:

Was it a Foreclosure? Plenty of those looked like that back when I was doing pre-foreclosures. 

Yes. For the last few years, the only deals I can find are auction foreclosures. Interestingly, an HOA owned this one. My guess is the owners didn't pay dues and were not happy at eviction.

I love it. My kind of deal but multiply that by 50 units.

abstract art is a value add bonus . I wouldn’t change a thing just stick a -for rent -sign in the front yard . Some hipster millennial will fall in love with it

When you turn lemons into lemonade, try to make gourmet lemonade and charge more money for it. In the marketing textbooks, it's called "snob appeal."

Originally posted by @Michael Ealy :

I love it. My kind of deal but multiply that by 50 units.

That's a sausage party...

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here