Meet-up in Lima, OH. Ben Leybovich & Brandon Turner in Attendance

131 Replies

• 05/24/15 07:00PM
  • TBD
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

My friend @Brandon Turner and his wife Heather are coming to visit us in Lima for a few days at the end of May. While I am doing this reluctantly, because I want them all to ourselves (Aaron and Bella keep asking when Brandon is coming back), I guess it would be totally wrong not to share Brandon with you guys...

With this in mind:

BiggerPockets Meet-up in Lima, OH

Date: Sunday, May 24th, 2015

Time: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Where: No idea yet, but NOT my house

If you are anywhere in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, or Kentucky mark your calendars.

Should be a fun night :)

Keep tuned to this thread for instructions a to where.

In the mean time - who's coming???

Jealous!!   

Originally posted by @Chuck B. :

Jealous!!   

You're not that far away - come on down, Chuck :)

It's a shame I just came back from Columbus last Sunday (with speeding ticket included).

Originally posted by @Pavel Reyes Valdes :

It's a shame I just came back from Columbus last Sunday (with speeding ticket included).

Columbus is a nice city. But, there's two things it's missing - Ben Leybovich and Brandon Turner...:)

This is pretty late on a Sunday for us out-of-towners.

Does Lima even have hotels? :)

Yeah - the nearest hotel is in Columbus OH...hahaha

Plenty of hotels here, @John Horner . But you're close - 2 hrs from Columbus. I make the drive every other week :)

Come on down. It is a Sunday. The best option we have :(

@Ben Leybovich - I wish I could.  It's a 4 hr trip for me, a bit too long for that night.  I'll get to you guys in person one day though!

Anyone want to carpool from Baltimore?? :)

We are 2 hours away from Columbus and Cincinnati, and 1 hour from Dayton. Cleveland is about 3 hours, and so is Indianapolis.

In case you were wondering...

Count me and my brother in! How much is it to rent a room in your house @Ben Leybovich ? We could all park RVs in your front yard haha. Cant wait!

Hahaha - right on, @Jered Sturm ...are you sure y'all know how to behave? This ain't Cincinnati - Lima is upper crust!

No I am not sure we can behave, but isn't that why you hired the 6'11" one they call Sasquatch @Brandon Turner to come be your body guard?

Haha - touche...that's about all he's good for :)

Oh man, we already have a family camping trip planned. I would have loved to come to the meet-up. Thanks for planning this event though! Have fun.

I'll probably have a brand new little one but I will try to escape for a few hours and come up.  Would be worth the trip!

@Engelo Rumora - Dude you better come to this. I'm not driving halfway around the country to miss out on seeing my favorite Aussie. (Besides Hugh Jackman, of course. And Russel Crowe. But... you get the idea!) 

I'm planning to attend, just need to work out a few small details. Should be a great time!

Originally posted by @Brandon Turner :

@Engelo Rumora - Dude you better come to this. I'm not driving halfway around the country to miss out on seeing my favorite Aussie. (Besides Hugh Jackman, of course. And Russel Crowe. But... you get the idea!) 

haha

As long as Big Ben L gives me his blessing, I'll definitely be there :)

Grazie

Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich :

My friend @Brandon Turner and his wife Heather are coming to visit us in Lima for a few days at the end of May. While I am doing this reluctantly, because I want them all to ourselves (Aaron and Bella keep asking when Brandon is coming back), I guess it would be totally wrong not to share Brandon with you guys...

With this in mind:

BiggerPockets Meet-up in Lima, OH

Date: Sunday, May 24th, 2015

Time: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Where: No idea yet, but NOT my house

If you are anywhere in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, or Kentucky mark your calendars.

Should be a fun night :)

Keep tuned to this thread for instructions a to where.

In the mean time - who's coming???

Hey sexy,

Can I come?

xoxo

Originally posted by @Engelo Rumora :
Originally posted by @Brandon Turner:

haha

Grazie

Hahaha - as long as you leave your pigs home... Dude, by the way. If you log onto Loopnet, and do a search for apartments in Ohio, there's like 3 pages of big apartment complexes in Toledo, and a lot of them on action. What the hell is going on in that town? I mean it seems like everything is being dumped - it's either great time to go buy there, or great time to run. Call me - I need to know what it looks like from within...

Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich :
Originally posted by @Engelo Rumora:
Originally posted by @Brandon Turner:

haha

Grazie

Hahaha - as long as you leave your pigs home... Dude, by the way. If you log onto Loopnet, and do a search for apartments in Ohio, there's like 3 pages of big apartment complexes in Toledo, and a lot of them on action. What the hell is going on in that town? I mean it seems like everything is being dumped - it's either great time to go buy there, or great time to run. Call me - I need to know what it looks like from within...

Awesome stuff mate,

I'll make an appearance just make sure to roll out the red carpet for me tho.

I'll be the biggest celebrity there after you and Brandon haha

Nothing to worry about as I have nothing to sell and don't know how to sell anyway :)

Didn't you read the Toledo Blade headline a few days ago.

"The Dingo Scares Owners Into Selling" lol

I'll give you a call later today. We have this place in our back pocket and would know if any of the big boys are selling. I can't find out easily.

The multifamily market here is controlled by 3-4 big players.

Thanks

too bad, I'm committed to being in Indiana that weekend.

Originally posted by @Darrin Carey :

too bad, I'm committed to being in Indiana that weekend.

Shoot - we can't compete with Indiana :(

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here