Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.
Rental Property Investor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2016 · 106 posts · 148 votes
Hi BP'ers!!
Come have a beer(or your favorite drink), get some food and network with other local investors. This is a great opportunity for new as well as seasoned investors to network and build lasting relationships. People from all areas of Real Estate are encouraged to come regardless of experience level. Residential, Commercial, Wholesalers, Contractors, Flippers, Real Estate Agents/Brokers, Property Managers, Lenders, and Rental Property Owners.
I have selected a new spot for our February meet-up: Hickory Tavern in Cary. This area only holds about 35 people, so please let me know by Monday, Febrary 11th if you plan to attend. If the head-count by that date exceeds their space, I'll look for another spot. We had a fantastic start to the year in January so if you missed the first one, be sure to mark your calendar for this one! Please tag those I may have missed. Look forward to seeing everyone there!
* No RSVP is necessary, but if you know for sure you're coming, mention it on this thread. It helps others see that you will be there.
* Please tag others for attention so no one misses this post!
Keywords: Apex, Cary, Raleigh, Durham, Morrisville, Wake Forest, Chapel Hill, Clayton, Garner, Fuquay Varina, Knightdale, Mebane, Zebulon, Creedmoor, Roxboro, Goldsboro, Smithfield, Sanford, Holly Springs, Angier, Wendell, Youngsville, Franklinton, Louisburg, Oxford, Hillsborough, Burlington, Siler City, Pittsboro, Lillington, Fayetteville, Triangle, RTP, RDU, Research Triangle
I hope to see you all there
Please tag all those who would be interested! We will add you to our list of attendees as well as our email list.
I just signed up for this minutes ago as I got this site from Cozy.com. I cannot make the 13th meeting but will try to attend something in the future. This isn't the right thread to post this but couldn't find anything that is 'local'. I have 1 rental and started evicting the tenant from hell after just a few weeks. Got the court judgement but after was able to get in my townhouse, found extensive damage and disgusting conditions. My lawyer, also a friend, says to just move on but I want to make sure this woman doesn't do this to another person. The total claim is over $10000 and I'd rather see this woman's in jail than get the money. I have no doubt she's done this before as she knew the process down to the day she had to leave before the sheriff showed up. I made the biggest mistake of not doing an effective background check and fell for a sympathy story. Hard real life lesson.
Here's the request: has anyone had success with a collection agency and if so, which one. Does this group have a list of undesirable tenants as this witch with a B has to be stopped. I do know she's bounced checked with stores, doctors, weight reduction agencies (that alone is a joke as she could hardly walk up a staircase) and other commercial establishments.
Rental Property Investor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2016 · 106 posts · 148 votes
7y
@Bob Fennel -- welcome! As far as your tenant goes... You cant squeeze blood from a turnip, no matter how hard you try. Even if you gave the name to a collections agency, they cant do any more than you are attempting to do. Been down that road except it was the landlord who skipped the country (supposedly) and we never saw our deposit back. Expensive lesson for you , understandably, but seeing that money again is slim to none. If stores, and doctors and the like cant get money from her, nobody will. Unfortunately there are people like this in the world, and its happened before, and will happen again. You win or you learn.