Airbnb Rentals Ideas

Airbnb Rentals Ideas

Real Estate Broker · West Linn, OR · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 31 votes

Hey BP, I’m new to investing and I thought I’d look into investing in Airbnb rentals. I live in Portland and I’m a realtor and the market is just way to expensive out here. 
I was thinking about Florida or AZ. Anyone have any great location tips? Looking for something furnished between $250,000 to $385,000

3Reply
198 views

Most Popular Reply

Luke CarlPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
4y

Read a book called Short Term Rental Long Term Wealth. Also, it's not an "airbnb" that makes you sound like a millennial. It's a "Vacation Rental" VRBO and direct bookings are leaving airbnb behind with the new generation that are sick of airbnb walking all over us. 

See this reply in the discussion

63 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · IN (indiana) · Member since 2020 · 109 posts · 53 votes
    4y

    @Jonathan Vese AirBnb and VRBO are the same tstrategy just different platforms like eBay vs Amazon

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Sedona, AZ · Member since 2017 · 751 posts · 504 votes
    4y

    What a shame there is so much focus on the negativity. There are a few very knowledgeable folks that have kicked out some great advice. Let's all focus on that and move on. Thank you to those of you who are focusing on helping others and inspiring great things in the world. Keep it up & thank you.

  • Myrtle Mike ThompsonBusiness Member
    Realtor · Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2016 · 350 posts · 204 votes
    4y

    @Jonathan Vese You might consider looking at Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach.  We have lots of furnished properties in the price range you mentioned that cashflow quite well.  Let me know if you'd like to see any examples.

  • Specialist · Jasper, GA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Question - I'm noticing a little frustration between the distinction of STR vs Abnb.. Could someone clarify the exact difference for me?

    I have partnered up with a friend and we have been going through the AirBnB course, but we are now approaching homeowners to partner up with us & I want to make sure that I'm using the correct termonoligy as well as process as I contact them. Any advice/guidance is greatly appreciated.

  • Member since 2021 · 30 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Joseph Bafia

    How much are you cash flowing on them? What is your coc return?

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    4y

    @Jonathan Vese

    I saw where you sent me a message that I didn't have time to read.

    I assume it is an apology for your behavior.

    I do accept your apology.

    @Luke Carl

    @bruce Woodruff

    @michael Baum

  • Real Estate Broker · West Linn, OR · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 31 votes
    4y

    @John Underwood

    Oh it wasn’t an apology. 

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan Vese:

    @John Underwood

    Oh it wasn’t an apology. 

     I forgive you for your rudeness.

  • Real Estate Broker · West Linn, OR · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 31 votes
    4y

    @John Underwood

    I forgive you for your arrogance 

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 314 posts · 280 votes
    4y

    @Tuli Green as with everything real estate, it varies. Our best cabin (our first one) does roughly $30k/year Net and CoC is about 90%. Our others range from $10k annual net although the way to "too new to rate" as we've had 3 new purchases in the last 5 months, so they're just getting started and don't have the momentum yet that the first one does. Coc can be anywhere from 20-60% estimated.

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Tonya Slater:

    Question - I'm noticing a little frustration between the distinction of STR vs Abnb.. Could someone clarify the exact difference for me?

    Ignoring the OP, this reply is for you, Tonya.....

    AIRBnB is one platform that vacation rental property owners use to list their properties on. VRBO is another and the original (13 yrs older). Kinda like Chevy and Ford are both automobiles.......These are the 2 main platforms (for now).

    There are some newer platforms: Booking.com, Trip Advisor, and I think a couple others. They all have their pros and cons. My perception is that most hosts here on BP prefer VRBO for a variety of reasons.....that's probably good for another thread.

  • Member since 2021 · 30 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Joseph Bafia

    Would you be interested in partnership?

  • Specialist · Jasper, GA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Bruce Woodruff -That's what I thought. Interesting to know that VRBO has been around (13 yrs), it's crazy to fathem that that many years have come and gone. Thank you for clarifying that for me. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.