STRSearch Has anyone used them or have feedback? Any other competitors?

STRSearch Has anyone used them or have feedback? Any other competitors?

Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 6 votes

Hi, just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone has used the services of STRsearch.com. they look like they run a lot of analytics and help with figuring out what you need to do to find and run a successful STR. Have others used them and had a positive experience? Are there other players in this field that I should be aware of and consider talking to before making a final decision? Appreciate your feedback!

4Reply
2,689 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
1y

What market are you looking into?  I personally think it is best to work with local professionals with a good track record.  Plus its usually free.

See this reply in the discussion

51 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    I think John Bianchi and Taylor Jones are both lights-out good in the space, but the buy-in to hire them is steep and it should be. I have the contract to use them sitting in my email now so I saw a preview of all the data and it's pretty incredible. They only operate in markets where their data can hedge an almost guarantee if you follow their protocol. It's worth doing the call with them because that's free. There are other players in the game to compare with like Kenny Bedwell at STR Insights or Bill Faeth's coaching.

    • Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 107 posts · 48 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

      I think John Bianchi and Taylor Jones are both lights-out good in the space, but the buy-in to hire them is steep and it should be. I have the contract to use them sitting in my email now so I saw a preview of all the data and it's pretty incredible. They only operate in markets where their data can hedge an almost guarantee if you follow their protocol. It's worth doing the call with them because that's free. There are other players in the game to compare with like Kenny Bedwell at STR Insights or Bill Faeth's coaching.


       What's their pricing look like?

    • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Travis Andres:
      Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

      I think John Bianchi and Taylor Jones are both lights-out good in the space, but the buy-in to hire them is steep and it should be. I have the contract to use them sitting in my email now so I saw a preview of all the data and it's pretty incredible. They only operate in markets where their data can hedge an almost guarantee if you follow their protocol. It's worth doing the call with them because that's free. There are other players in the game to compare with like Kenny Bedwell at STR Insights or Bill Faeth's coaching.


       What's their pricing look like?


       18k

    • AJ WongBusiness Member
      Real Estate Broker · Oregon & California Coast · Member since 2022 · 822 posts · 696 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Cameron Leahy:
      Quote from @Travis Andres:
      Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

      I think John Bianchi and Taylor Jones are both lights-out good in the space, but the buy-in to hire them is steep and it should be. I have the contract to use them sitting in my email now so I saw a preview of all the data and it's pretty incredible. They only operate in markets where their data can hedge an almost guarantee if you follow their protocol. It's worth doing the call with them because that's free. There are other players in the game to compare with like Kenny Bedwell at STR Insights or Bill Faeth's coaching.


       What's their pricing look like?


       18k


       Upfront? Or commission on sale?

      Sesemi | STR Brokers powered by Fathom Realty 516 Reviews
  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 6 votes
    1y

    Yes, I have already seen the buy-in, im less concerned about that part of it, but just want to make sure its legitimate (plenty of opportunities where buyin is high but it doesn't always mean the product is good, just been burned in the past by others so trying to do better due diligence this time around)

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Vikas Jain:

    Yes, I have already seen the buy-in, im less concerned about that part of it, but just want to make sure its legitimate (plenty of opportunities where buyin is high but it doesn't always mean the product is good, just been burned in the past by others so trying to do better due diligence this time around)


    Their success rate, as of now, is 100 percent.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    What market are you looking into?  I personally think it is best to work with local professionals with a good track record.  Plus its usually free.

    • John UnderwoodPro Member
      Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Andrew Steffens:

      What market are you looking into?  I personally think it is best to work with local professionals with a good track record.  Plus its usually free.

      I agree with Andrew.
      Also you can search yourself and run the numbers to find great properties in good areas.

      Many of us have a 100% success rate on our properties because we put the time in to find those great properties often with help of a local realtor.

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 630 posts · 303 votes
    1y

    I agree that you can use a Realtor with a proven track record. Especially if you are looking out of state. You can find one that specializes in STRs. Remember you will also need help with set up, hosting and cleaners. Realtors will be able to help with resources like that. I specialize in investments in Florida, whether its LTR, MTR or STR. I also do BRRRRs and flips. Its a Niche that you can find agents that can do the hard part for you. They get the sale and its not any harder than finding a home for a retail buyer. I find it easier this way once you know your regulations and ROI in certain areas.

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 3 votes
    1y

    Did you end up going with STR search? I just did a discovery call with them yesterday and was just wondering how it worked out for you. They don't have much of an online reputation other than their own site/postings and although their presentation looks legitimate, I'm hesitant to outlay that kind of cash without verifying. I did ask for references I can call and I'm waiting to receive those.

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Was curious if you used STR Search or not. Considering contacting them soon for my second property.

    Did you contact the references they provided?

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    Yes, I am currently using STR Search. I haven't found a property yet because I am perfecting my strategy with them, but there have been a lot of potential ones. No system is perfect, but I don't think anyone knows yield investing better for STR than they do.

    In response to the use of local realtors, when you use STR Search they connect you with a local realtor who crushes STR in that market. That realtor will never know the data at the level that STR Search does, but they are part of the process. I got connected to one who helped me realize that a market that looked good on paper wasn't for me, but it wasn't where I wanted to go and I use my properties.

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    What do they charge?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Atlantic City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Hi, has anyone found an equivalent to strsearch.com in Europe?

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2024 · 107 posts · 45 votes
    1y

    I would DYOR using Airdna and Airbnb to run comps and then run it. I never used 3rd party sites like this. Whats the fee? 

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    It's 20k up front and applies for your first completed transaction. It's a hefty spend, but it's why you should always do the call with John first and see if you think it's worth it. I can tell you that it's worth it to me, but it also depends how important that 20k is and how else you could use it.

  • Phoenixville, PA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Curious if any of the others that inquired a few months ago moved forward with STR Search or any other consultants? It's an upfront cost, but the advantage of having someone with experience who's set up STR from start to finish on day 1 seems like it could be worth it.

  • Property Manager · Erie & Millscreek PA | Maggie Valley & Haywood County NC · Member since 2024 · 264 posts · 118 votes
    1y

    I haven’t personally used STRsearch.com, but I did find a helpful convo over on BiggerPockets: one user recommended John Bianchi and Taylor Jones as “lights-out good” in the analytics space, though they come at a higher cost; the depth of their data impressed him. The suggestion was to at least do the free intro call with them. Other names mentioned were Kenny Bedwell at STR Insights and Bill Faeth’s coaching programs. BiggerPockets

    If you're leaning toward a tool rather than a tailored service, some well-regarded platforms worth exploring include:

    • AirDNA – MarketMinder gives you granular data like ADR, occupancy, and RevPAR down to the neighborhood level, with smart pricing tools baked in. HostfullyAirbnb Manager

    • Airbtics – Strong for real-time pricing insights, ROI estimates, and performance breakdowns by bedroom count or location. Airbnb Manager

    • Mashvisor – Provides dual analysis for STR vs. long-term rentals, with heatmaps, ROI calculators, and a Market Finder tool—great for comparing strategies. TechvestorMashvisor

    • PriceLabs, Wheelhouse, AllTheRooms Analytics, Beyond, Rabbu, and others all offer varying levels of pricing optimization and market benchmarking. F6SRocket Files - IT and technology blog

    That said, a few users on Reddit have pointed out that platforms like AirDNA can overestimate some saying their own bookings were only 20–50% of what AirDNA projected. One comment:


    • Property Manager · Erie & Millscreek PA | Maggie Valley & Haywood County NC · Member since 2024 · 264 posts · 118 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Benjamin Louie:

      I haven’t personally used STRsearch.com, but I did find a helpful convo over on BiggerPockets: one user recommended John Bianchi and Taylor Jones as “lights-out good” in the analytics space, though they come at a higher cost; the depth of their data impressed him. The suggestion was to at least do the free intro call with them. Other names mentioned were Kenny Bedwell at STR Insights and Bill Faeth’s coaching programs. BiggerPockets

      If you're leaning toward a tool rather than a tailored service, some well-regarded platforms worth exploring include:

      • AirDNA – MarketMinder gives you granular data like ADR, occupancy, and RevPAR down to the neighborhood level, with smart pricing tools baked in. HostfullyAirbnb Manager

      • Airbtics – Strong for real-time pricing insights, ROI estimates, and performance breakdowns by bedroom count or location. Airbnb Manager

      • Mashvisor – Provides dual analysis for STR vs. long-term rentals, with heatmaps, ROI calculators, and a Market Finder tool—great for comparing strategies. TechvestorMashvisor

      • PriceLabs, Wheelhouse, AllTheRooms Analytics, Beyond, Rabbu, and others all offer varying levels of pricing optimization and market benchmarking. F6SRocket Files - IT and technology blog

      That said, a few users on Reddit have pointed out that platforms like AirDNA can overestimate some saying their own bookings were only 20–50% of what AirDNA projected. One comment:



  • Jamie TrickettPro Member
    Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    I hired STR Search back in May 2025 and still haven't found a property. This was my first time using a search firm to help focus on cash flowing / appreciating markets. The team seems knowledgeable in STR space vs path of progress. In my experience, the properties they send are all over the US so we haven't focused on any areas to zero in on so it's easy to see when a good deal presents itself. My other issue is when I compare revnue projections on other platforms - pricelabs, etc they are vastly different which is also giving me pause. I also asked for client referrals and haven't had any yet.

    • New to Real Estate · Los Altos, CA · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      10mo
      Quote from @Jamie Trickett:

      I hired STR Search back in May 2025 and still haven't found a property. This was my first time using a search firm to help focus on cash flowing / appreciating markets. The team seems knowledgeable in STR space vs path of progress. In my experience, the properties they send are all over the US so we haven't focused on any areas to zero in on so it's easy to see when a good deal presents itself. My other issue is when I compare revnue projections on other platforms - pricelabs, etc they are vastly different which is also giving me pause. I also asked for client referrals and haven't had any yet.


      Did they end up finding you an STR?

    • Jamie TrickettPro Member
      Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 4 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Elena Lyutenko:
      Quote from @Jamie Trickett:

      I hired STR Search back in May 2025 and still haven't found a property. This was my first time using a search firm to help focus on cash flowing / appreciating markets. The team seems knowledgeable in STR space vs path of progress. In my experience, the properties they send are all over the US so we haven't focused on any areas to zero in on so it's easy to see when a good deal presents itself. My other issue is when I compare revnue projections on other platforms - pricelabs, etc they are vastly different which is also giving me pause. I also asked for client referrals and haven't had any yet.


      Did they end up finding you an STR?

      Still looking for one. 

    • Jamie TrickettPro Member
      Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 4 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Elena Lyutenko:
      Quote from @Jamie Trickett:

      I hired STR Search back in May 2025 and still haven't found a property. This was my first time using a search firm to help focus on cash flowing / appreciating markets. The team seems knowledgeable in STR space vs path of progress. In my experience, the properties they send are all over the US so we haven't focused on any areas to zero in on so it's easy to see when a good deal presents itself. My other issue is when I compare revnue projections on other platforms - pricelabs, etc they are vastly different which is also giving me pause. I also asked for client referrals and haven't had any yet.


      Did they end up finding you an STR?


       Not yet

    • Sarah PatelPro Member
      New to Real Estate · Chicago, IL · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 5 votes
      5mo
      Quote from @Jamie Trickett:

      I hired STR Search back in May 2025 and still haven't found a property. This was my first time using a search firm to help focus on cash flowing / appreciating markets. The team seems knowledgeable in STR space vs path of progress. In my experience, the properties they send are all over the US so we haven't focused on any areas to zero in on so it's easy to see when a good deal presents itself. My other issue is when I compare revnue projections on other platforms - pricelabs, etc they are vastly different which is also giving me pause. I also asked for client referrals and haven't had any yet.

      Hi! Was wondering if you'd feel comfortable answering a few questions. I am also looking into hiring them and how they calculate their returns was a concern of mine.

      Their "revenue generated" amounts on their presentation don't specify whether it's the net cash flow or the gross rental income. And of course, since their examples don't list location, year purchased, etc, I can't really run the numbers myself to compare. 

      Do you know if their projections include all operating expenses, capex, mortgage, etc?

      I am also still new to RE and not confident in my number crunching capabilities just yet, so finding someone who is legit and trustworthy in this partnership is imperative. 

      Do you feel like the $18k was worth it and service is comprehensive? It seemed like they charge extra for their designer and that it wasn't included in the initial investment cost. 
    • Jamie TrickettPro Member
      Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 4 votes
      5mo
      Quote from @Sarah Patel:
      Quote from @Jamie Trickett:

      I hired STR Search back in May 2025 and still haven't found a property. This was my first time using a search firm to help focus on cash flowing / appreciating markets. The team seems knowledgeable in STR space vs path of progress. In my experience, the properties they send are all over the US so we haven't focused on any areas to zero in on so it's easy to see when a good deal presents itself. My other issue is when I compare revnue projections on other platforms - pricelabs, etc they are vastly different which is also giving me pause. I also asked for client referrals and haven't had any yet.

      Hi! Was wondering if you'd feel comfortable answering a few questions. I am also looking into hiring them and how they calculate their returns was a concern of mine.

      Their "revenue generated" amounts on their presentation don't specify whether it's the net cash flow or the gross rental income. And of course, since their examples don't list location, year purchased, etc, I can't really run the numbers myself to compare. 

      Do you know if their projections include all operating expenses, capex, mortgage, etc?

      I am also still new to RE and not confident in my number crunching capabilities just yet, so finding someone who is legit and trustworthy in this partnership is imperative. 

      Do you feel like the $18k was worth it and service is comprehensive? It seemed like they charge extra for their designer and that it wasn't included in the initial investment cost. 

       Hi @Sarah Patel, happy to set up time to connect and share my experience. Let me know when works for you. thanks

      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.



      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.



      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.



      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.



      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.

    • Angela BlonskyPro Member
      Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      4mo
      Quote from @Jamie Trickett:
      Quote from @Sarah Patel:
      Quote from @Jamie Trickett:

      I hired STR Search back in May 2025 and still haven't found a property. This was my first time using a search firm to help focus on cash flowing / appreciating markets. The team seems knowledgeable in STR space vs path of progress. In my experience, the properties they send are all over the US so we haven't focused on any areas to zero in on so it's easy to see when a good deal presents itself. My other issue is when I compare revnue projections on other platforms - pricelabs, etc they are vastly different which is also giving me pause. I also asked for client referrals and haven't had any yet.

      Hi! Was wondering if you'd feel comfortable answering a few questions. I am also looking into hiring them and how they calculate their returns was a concern of mine.

      Their "revenue generated" amounts on their presentation don't specify whether it's the net cash flow or the gross rental income. And of course, since their examples don't list location, year purchased, etc, I can't really run the numbers myself to compare. 

      Do you know if their projections include all operating expenses, capex, mortgage, etc?

      I am also still new to RE and not confident in my number crunching capabilities just yet, so finding someone who is legit and trustworthy in this partnership is imperative. 

      Do you feel like the $18k was worth it and service is comprehensive? It seemed like they charge extra for their designer and that it wasn't included in the initial investment cost. 

       Hi @Sarah Patel, happy to set up time to connect and share my experience. Let me know when works for you. thanks

      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.



      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.



      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.



      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.



      happy to setup time to connect and share my experience.


       Hey Jamie - I sent you a connect request to hear about your experience.

  • Jeremy R.Business Member
    Property Manager · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2024 · 37 posts · 15 votes
    11mo

    Hello! Two properties in my San Antonio, TX portfolio were found for my clients by STRsearch out of the 20 I manage. Those properties are doing very well compared to others in my portfolio, however they also put the necessary capital into design and furnishing the home. As a market, I recommend San Antonio because there are still opportunities for properties that are set up incredibly well to have great revenue. Happy to talk through my management process. We were ranked the #2 STR management company in San Antonio by Airdna.

    Five Star Vacation Home Rentals5196 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11mo

    Hi, have you used STRSearch at the end? i also had a initial call but not sure due to their hefty fee, moreover i need something for this year to offset some income, so want to get some feedback. thanks

    • Jeremy R.Business Member
      Property Manager · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2024 · 37 posts · 15 votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Raj Reddy:

      Hi, have you used STRSearch at the end? i also had a initial call but not sure due to their hefty fee, moreover i need something for this year to offset some income, so want to get some feedback. thanks

      Depending on the market you’re interested in, you may be able to find a property with a trusted realtor who specializes in STR. I have a great one in San Antonio, TX if you’re interested. We both provide revenue projections based on data. 
      Five Star Vacation Home Rentals5196 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 292 votes
    11mo

    Hey there!I’ve looked into STRsearch.com before, they do offer solid analytics tools, especially for market comparisons and revenue projections. That said, there are a few other great platforms worth checking out depending on what kind of support you’re looking for.

    If you're mainly after data and performance analytics, sites like AirDNA and Mashvisor are strong options. If you're looking for end-to-end STR management help (pricing, marketing, operations), there are also services that combine analytics with hands-on support — that's actually what we specialize in.

    Happy to share a few insights from our experience helping hosts optimize their listings if you’d like!

  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 292 votes
    10mo

    Hey Jamie! I haven’t used STRsearch.com personally, but they seem to offer solid analytics for STRs. A few other tools you might want to check out are AirDNA, Mashvisor, and AllTheRooms Analytics — all good for market insights and pricing.

    From my experience, combining these tools with local knowledge about your area usually gives the best results.

  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    I really don't see how that 20k could be recouped unless they are actually selling you the STR and waiving their commission.

    • Sarah PatelPro Member
      New to Real Estate · Chicago, IL · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 5 votes
      5mo
      Quote from @Jules Aton:

      I really don't see how that 20k could be recouped unless they are actually selling you the STR and waiving their commission.


       That's a question I asked myself as well. I think their pitch is that you'll save more than $18,000-$20,000 in tax benefits, including bonus depreciation (which, of course, the cost of the study is not covered). And perhaps if the property performs very well every year with good cash flow, then the time you saved from having to do all the research and designing is worth it in the long run? Just my assumption/hope.

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9mo
    Has anyone used STRSearch to buy properties? If yes, can you share experience.

    I am on the fence between STRSearch and realtor selling existing furnished airbnb properties.
  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    8mo

    Any updates from this group or others on the benefits and expereince in using STRsearch? I am considering working with them

  • New to Real Estate · Buford, GA · Member since 2022 · 36 posts · 19 votes
    6mo
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    5mo
    Currently using them since October 2025. I’ll keep you all posted on how it goes —So far so good. The deals I’ve seen look good, but I’ve been pretty discerning or just too slow to jump on a deal. However some of their underwriting for the deal they send my way sometimes seems hastily done, but they’ve always been quick to answer follow up questions about the deals they send my way. I was under contract for a home they had suggested but I thought I had locked in a price too high for the comps so I backed out.
    • Sarah PatelPro Member
      New to Real Estate · Chicago, IL · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 5 votes
      5mo
      Quote from @Alicia S.:
      Currently using them since October 2025. I’ll keep you all posted on how it goes —So far so good. The deals I’ve seen look good, but I’ve been pretty discerning or just too slow to jump on a deal. However some of their underwriting for the deal they send my way sometimes seems hastily done, but they’ve always been quick to answer follow up questions about the deals they send my way. I was under contract for a home they had suggested but I thought I had locked in a price too high for the comps so I backed out.
      Hi! Are they not running the comps of that area when they're presenting the deal to you? Do you feel like they advocate for you to get the best price/negotiate, or solely rely on the real estate agent from that area to do so? In other words, do you feel like they just run rough numbers and leave the rest up to the agent or truly do their due diligence?
    • Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 2 votes
      2mo
      Quote from @Sarah Patel:
      Quote from @Alicia S.:
      Currently using them since October 2025. I’ll keep you all posted on how it goes —So far so good. The deals I’ve seen look good, but I’ve been pretty discerning or just too slow to jump on a deal. However some of their underwriting for the deal they send my way sometimes seems hastily done, but they’ve always been quick to answer follow up questions about the deals they send my way. I was under contract for a home they had suggested but I thought I had locked in a price too high for the comps so I backed out.
      Hi! Are they not running the comps of that area when they're presenting the deal to you? Do you feel like they advocate for you to get the best price/negotiate, or solely rely on the real estate agent from that area to do so? In other words, do you feel like they just run rough numbers and leave the rest up to the agent or truly do their due diligence?

      They are not advocating for you at all.  What you pay them for is to be a mediator, they usually know all the other side that you are buying the property for.  I would not trust STRsearch believe me - i found out too late and found others that had some exact experience.  They are not be be fully trusted for their words.  Let me know how i can help with my experience if you like.
    • Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 0 votes
      2mo

      @Alicia S. I just had a call yesterday. Wanted to follow up and see how your experience was! Thank :)

  • Property Manager · US All States · Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 12 votes
    5mo

    I’ve experimented with several of these services and, frankly, walked away disappointed. They seem designed for passive investors seeking a tax haven rather than hands-on owners with high Cash-on-Cash (COC) expectations. By outsourcing every step of the search, they add nearly $50k in extra costs just for the sake of convenience. While they do offer decent comps and revenue projections, that’s a skill set I’d rather master myself than pay a premium for.

    • Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 2 votes
      3w

      What do you think about software services that are coming out? striq and bnbcalc? rabbu?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.