Business cards and linking to your listing

Business cards and linking to your listing

Investor · Shelton, CT · Member since 2016 · 218 posts · 225 votes

Hello fellow vacation rental owners and thank you in advance to your responses.  I thought it a good idea to print up some affordable business cards with a picture of my cabin in Gatlinburg, TN but didn't really see it worthwhile without a way for people to go to the listing on my current listing sites Airbnb and Flipkey.  Is there a way to use one of those "bitly" links to permanently redirect people directly to the listing?  I'm pretty new to both Airbnb and Flipkey so I'm not sure if there are listing numbers that each listing is assigned and if so I've never really seen where someone searching on either site would be able to input those numbers anyway.

Thank you for the help!

Jeff

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 279 posts · 109 votes
10y

I'm not sure I agree. With sites like Airbnb & VRBO getting something like 60 million unique visitors, I imagine it'll be difficult & time-consuming to compete with their traffic & SEO rankings. 

If you're going to link back to Airbnb or Flipkey, bit.ly would work! 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 779 votes
    10y

    You should spend the $8 or so and get your own domain. You can point that to a listing, or set up a simple web site of your own. 

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 533 posts · 433 votes
    10y

    @Jeff Piscioniere I totally agree 100% with @John D. - listing independence is vital for your longevity.

  • Real Estate Professional · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 279 posts · 109 votes
    10y

    I'm not sure I agree. With sites like Airbnb & VRBO getting something like 60 million unique visitors, I imagine it'll be difficult & time-consuming to compete with their traffic & SEO rankings. 

    If you're going to link back to Airbnb or Flipkey, bit.ly would work! 

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    I'm with Monika on this one. A domain without traffic is barely worth the $8. If you do set up your own simple website, you will then have to constantly update your rates and calendar so that you can provide the potential guests who go to your site real-time information. You can put a lot of energy into trying to compete with the major listing sites, but your time as an investor will be better spent finding and funding new deals.

  • Investor · East Amherst, NY · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    i have my vacation rental listed on most of the major sites, in addition to having my own site. I have my URL and email listed on a sign in front of my property, and printed on a trifold brochure placed in an outdoor brochure holder under the sign . I think it looked professional having your own site and you can put whatever and as much info as you want.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.