• Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
OK Air BNB experts or short term experts I need your opinons

Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Posted Jun 2 2018, 16:18

My primary residence here in Lake Oswego is the question.

turns out one of my projects got harpooned by the City of Lake Oswego and the cost to split the estate lot in two just does not make sense.. So I am thinking I will build a new home to live in on that lot.

In the meantime I have bought my  future basic retirement home in Vegas so that's secured and done.

But my question is this house here.. It will be vacant for much of the winter months its only 4 years old I built it.

Master on the main.. 

5 bed 5 bath  fully furnished with nice stuff.. basement with full gym etc..  kitchen is top of the line Wolf and sub zero all granite and marble you know the drill.

My question is would you allow someone to live in this short term and would they trash it.. ??? would I leave all my high end furniture ?  

and I wonder how much they would pay per night or short term how do you figure that out..

Most of the Air bnb s I have seen around here are modest homes or like ADU';s there are nice ones at the coast..

Thank you in advance for your opinions and help.

And if this went well enough I could just keep it long term rental and when I sell 1031 or I would have a few years to use my 121 500k exclusion..  I don't owe much on this house and the carry is half of  than I know regular rent would be.. thinking regular rent in the 5k range..  and I know I have a ton of dead equity but I like that safe secure access to it and my commercial bank that funds my developments likes it as well.

Loading replies...