Mattress recommendations for STR

Mattress recommendations for STR

Rental Property Investor · Florida/Tennessee · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 14 votes

Hi All,

I have been stalking this forum for months now learning from everyone, and am very grateful for all the useful information. I sold an LTR in order to jump into STR. I have a contract on a new build cabin up in the Smoky Mountains scheduled to be completed in April.

I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations on Mattresses to use? I need to buy 8 of various of sizes, and looking for high-end feel, but don’t want to spend a fortune. I heard good things on the Zinus 12 inch foam.

Thanks, Jason

1Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Jose CA · Member since 2018 · 114 posts · 73 votes
4y

For the ROI and value - Zinus. For the utmost quality - sure Casper or Tuft and Needle. Never had a guest complain about Zinus 12" though.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Pigeon Forge · Member since 2016 · 199 posts · 208 votes
    5y

    I've bought the Zinus 9" for my last round of cabins and have had zero guest complaints so far.  I'd say definitely go with the 12", though.  Cheap and lasts a good long time.  I bought a couple a few years ago for my kids and they're still going strong.

  • Property Manager · Columbia, SC · Member since 2017 · 121 posts · 163 votes
    5y

    Second the Zinus mattress.  We have them in about 10 rentals and no complaints.  Can be purchased for under $300 a piece so it's really good value.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...

    Another for the Zinus mattress. We bought a king, two queens, and a couple twins and get good reviews from the guests. We also bought one for our king bed at home and like it a lot.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2018 · 263 posts · 95 votes
    5y

    Agree with we everyone here. We have purchased the Zinus 12 in green tea memory foam mattresses. They are amazing and bought them on Amazon. They come well packaged and expand for quick set up.

  • So MD · Member since 2019 · 294 posts · 191 votes
    5y

    Yep, Zinus or Spa Sensations on Walmart.com. These are a great buy. 12" for sure, skinnier for bunks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Florida/Tennessee · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Great thanks all for the confirmation.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Ditto. 12" Green Tea. Plus I add a 2" memory foam topper and a padded waterproof Serta Black cover.
  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Sales are on this weekend. TempurPedic is $300 off.

    Consumer Reports has top recommendations for Avocado Green and My Pillow (didn’t know they did mattresses!)  I have a Purple that my guests are curious about. Tuft and Needle is recommended and inexpensive. Denver Dr’s Choice is number 2 recommended at Consumer Reports. 

    Memorial Day sales abound! Good luck hunting!

  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    US News has Casper as the number one, followed by Tuft and Needle. 

  • Investor · San Jose CA · Member since 2018 · 114 posts · 73 votes
    4y

    For the ROI and value - Zinus. For the utmost quality - sure Casper or Tuft and Needle. Never had a guest complain about Zinus 12" though.

  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y
    Some of my older guests complain that they can't move across a memory foam mattress.  I do use the Zinus green tea for my other rooms, but use the Purple for my master bedroom.  Whereas people kind of sink into a memory foam bed, they bounce a bit on the Purple.  Again, sales are this weekend for the 4th of July.  
  • Realtor · Pocono Pines, PA · Member since 2019 · 183 posts · 108 votes
    4y

    Yes, Zinus is my favorite, I work in property management of STR for over 200 units, and we have an in-house designer that I work closely with and he is always raving about Zinus brand everything, they are great and have great products!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.