Investor · Metro East of St. Louis (Illinois) · Member since 2016 · 255 posts · 211 votes
To all the STR hosts out there...
What do you do to cater to families and kids? I found this incredible AirBnB in Scottsdale, AZ from a RE investor that I follow on Twitter:
This is the backyard of a neighborhood 4bd/4ba home...the home is also incredible. ~$1,000/night + $900 cleaning fee. This might be over-the-top, but what creative things have you done to attract more families and less drunk adults? :)
Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
@Alex S. alot is about the listing. Including a portable crib and games goes a long way. highlighting kid friendly activities and including pictures that show your extensive family game closet etc will help direct families to your listings.
We have gone to places because they show kid friendly decor too.
Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 148 posts · 97 votes
4y
Great set up! We tend to draw families in the summer because we only rent Saturday to Saturday and we are near the beach, playgrounds, splash pad, etc. We also offer a few items like a pack n play and small high chair. However, we do tend to get quite a few bachelorette parties/girls trips/couples trips when we go to a two night minimum.
Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
I specifically cater my advertising to just people working in a refinery (redneck guys that make lots of money and leave their wife/girlfriend back home).
Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
@Joshua Strickland those are some over the top bedroom photos. I could see some of that decor for your own kids but aside from the game room I think you do over target a specific demographic with that kind of decor. You might loose some bookings to this. Although I think it might make a difference if it is a 5 bedroom vs 3 bedroom house. That said I am not in the disney market.
Investor · Metro East of St. Louis (Illinois) · Member since 2016 · 255 posts · 211 votes
4y
@Ryan Moyer takes the cake. Those rooms are incredible!
People are constantly asking on this forum some version of "how much will I make?" These are great examples of why the answer is always "it depends." I'd pay a lot more for a Star Wars room with a slide than a nice/normal/clean house when traveling with kids.
Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
4y
So we cater to families and the like. We don't have anything even remotely like the pics shown. I am in @John Underwood's camp. We are lakefront and have a 72 mile bike trail right in front of the house so that is the major draw.
We do have the downstairs dedicated to kids. 2 bunkbeds with a TV and Wii etc. Plus we have a 3-1 game table (cards/games, poker and bumper pool) along with a bunch of boxed games.