New to BP and RE Investing

New to BP and RE Investing

Small business owner · SAINT CLOUD, FL · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone. My name is Tim Rasner. I live in Summit, NJ and am brand new at Real Estate investing. Right now I am focused on educating myself as much as possible and have not settled on a particular investment approach as yet. I look forward to learning from all of you as I begin this journey.

Regards,

Tim

0Reply
32 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Tim Rasner . There are a few of us here from Summit including @David Thomas . BP is a great resource. Lots to learn if you're new. Be sure to read the beginner's guide to investing which BP founders wrote. Its a good place to start bringing you up to speed about REI.

    I've been investing locally since 1998. Let me know if you'd like to grab a coffee sometime. I'm sure David would be happy to join us as well.

  • Investor · Union, NJ · Member since 2011 · 838 posts · 295 votes
    12y

    Welcome Tim.

    Seems Bigger Pockets is atracting alot of Jersians as of lately. Maybe we should start our own local REI club!! :)

    This is a great place to learn and ask questions as this community is so vast and experienced it's like having the answer to just about any Real Estate related question at your fingertips!

    BTW-I am an IT professional as well working in NYC. Been doing it not quite as long as yourself though.

    GOod luck and welcome!

    best regards,
    Chris

  • Real Estate Agent · Cranford, NJ · Member since 2011 · 149 posts · 54 votes
    12y

    Hello Tim,

    Congrats on starting your real estate journey and welcome to the BP community! Nice to see another local resident here and I would certainly be happy to meet up and connect as @Darren Sager mentioned.

    There is a ton of information here and you'll find great people to assist you. Take a look at Investment Calculators under the Analyze tab. Also check out The-Book-On-Flipping-Houses and The-Book-On-Estimating-Rehab-Costs both by @J Scott - an expert resource on BP and active investor who is highly regarded. It is a fantastic resource and worth much more than the $22 investment.

  • Small business owner · SAINT CLOUD, FL · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Darren, Chris, David,

    Thanks for welcoming me to BP.

    Darren and David - I would definitely be interested in grabbing a coffee at some point. I appreciate the offer.

    David - thanks for the tips on the books. I had seen an online ad for The-Book-On-Flipping-Houses and wondered if it would be a good resource. I will look into both of the books you mention.

    Thanks,

    Tim

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Tim Rasner! Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

    Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

    See you around the site!

  • Small business owner · SAINT CLOUD, FL · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks Brandon. I am in the process of reading the beginner's guide and will also check out the podcast.

    Thanks,

    Tim

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    Welcome to the site @Tim Rasner!

    Here's another great list of books for you to check out. The more you learn, the more you'll earn, this is the information age!

    The Best Real Estate Books Ever

  • Small business owner · SAINT CLOUD, FL · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Mehran,

    Thanks for the welcome and the link to the book list. Looks like a ton of good stuff.

    Thanks,

    Tim

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.