New Investor from Nashville, Tennessee!

New Investor from Nashville, Tennessee!

Developer · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 81 posts · 68 votes

Hi, folks!

I am Brian Bandas. I've been playing music professionally for about a decade, but I have my second son on his way in February, and have found that my taste for the road is waning. I want to be home with my family, and I want to provide for them while also spending time with them.

I first got into real estate when I purchased an amazing rental property about 3 years ago that has been an incredible blessing (if only every deal were like that one). I have become more and more invigorated by the various aspects of RE investing and would love to learn enough to turn it into my full-time job. As of now, I generate passive income from that one property, and am on the cusp of grabbing up one or two more. We'll see how that goes : )

I'm definitely in the market for creative financing, either seller financing or some sort of partnership. I have down payment money, but I'm self employed and the banks don't like me at this point.

I'd love to meet folks who are willing to offer insight to a relative newbie!

I will say this for myself--I LOVE to work hard, and believe passionately and firmly that you reap what you sow. Hard work and will power can truly take you a long way.

Good to meet you all and I look forward to consuming large amounts of insight and knowledge here on Bigger Pockets. Heck, maybe at some point I may even have a little of my own to offer!

0Reply
19 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    12y

    Hi Brian,

    What instrument do you play??

    I love music but more from a listening side. I am thinking of Martin Logan electrostatic speakers and Macintosh amps for the house.

    You will find tons of info here.

  • Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 74 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP Brian! It is always nice to talk to other Nashville investors. Please let me know if I can help you meet your investing goals. Have a great night!

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Brian Bandas you have the right makeup to reach success because it takes drive/inspiration/pain (i.e. wanting to spend time with your family), hard work, relationships, creativity and knowledge. You might want to look into deal syndication since you can't get loans but you want to go bigger. I can say first-hand that it is incredibly rewarding and worth the effort to put it all together.

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Oh MAN I love Nashville! One of my favorites. I graduated undergrad from MTSU and still go back to NashVegas twice a year and say hi to friends, and of course eat at Demos'.

    Welcome to BP!

    Any chance in your music career you've been over to 16Ton recording studios? One of my best friends' family owns it.

  • Developer · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 81 posts · 68 votes
    12y

    @Joe Fairless Thanks a ton for the encouraging words! I'm at the start of my journey so that goes a long way! I will definitely look into syndication. It's not something I'm familiar with yet. I'm always excited to learn yet another aspect of this business. And very glad to hear the affirmation that the hard work is worth it.

    @Ali Boone heck yes! Nashville is amazing! I've never made it over to 16 Ton. Who owns it? I've played at a lot of studios here, there's a good chance I've run into them. It's such a small town, as I'm sure you know!

    Thanks so much for the warm welcomes, everyone! This has already proven to be an invaluable community to me and it's only been a few days! Can't wait to share my successes with like-minded people!

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Danny White is the main guy over there. Holly White is his sister who is one of my best friends. If you get a change to meet Danny, definitely do it. He's so awesome! Used to play pretty big himself and more recently published a really cool book, a fiction but based off Buddy Holly's life. Very cool!

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 11 votes
    12y
    Brian Bandas welcome to BP. I just got back from Nashville yesterday. I have to go every couple of months for work, and look forward to it every time.
  • Specialist · Orange County, CA · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 623 votes
    12y

    Hi @Brian Bandas,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets!

    It's a great time to be building your real estate portfolio.

    Be sure to check out the Ultimate Beginners Guide as well as my 10 Rules of Successful Real Estate Investing.

    Continues success!

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2009 · 483 posts · 228 votes
    12y

    @Brian Bandas I come across a few notes and subject to deals from time to time. I'll will send you a PM with more details.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Brian Bandas Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts." Oh and if you haven't checked out the The BiggerPockets Podcast yet, I highly recommend it!

    See you around the site!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.