Newbie wholesaler in Richmond Virginia

Newbie wholesaler in Richmond Virginia

Wholesaler · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 7 votes
Hello everyone my name is Ryan I reside in Richmond, Virginia I'm currently learning wholesaling. I decided to buy my first home study course in august and have been taking action ever since. Just wanted to introduce myself to the site and link up with the members in my local area
2Reply
20 views

22 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Ryan Harris congrats on joining and great to hear you're taking your education so seriously. That's how you begin and set yourself up for success. Here's a list of some good books for you to check out:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/

  • Commercial Loan Broker · Branford, CT · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hi Ryan, welcome to BiggerPockets.com... The BEST place to learn about real estate investing!

  • Wholesaler · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Thank you
  • Wholesaler · Newport News, VA · Member since 2012 · 32 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Ryan Harris welcome to BP, I'm actually in VA also in the Hampton roads area. It's a lot of great information on here and it's been a great way for me to network with other investors in my area. I've took on the wholesaling niche and I'm working with a mentor that's helping me out a lot. I look forward to connecting with you and much success to you on your RE journey.

  • Wholesaler · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Andre St.George I have a coach as well going to look at a house in about an hour .
  • Wholesaler · Newport News, VA · Member since 2012 · 32 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Ryan Harris cool deal bro, hope everything goes well with that!

  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 293 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    Hello Ryan,

    Welcome to the site. Fellow Richmonder here. Lot's of great info and people to help you out.

  • Wholesaler · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Jon Deavers cool what part of town are you marketing in ?
  • Investor / Developer / GC · Manassas, VA · Member since 2013 · 229 posts · 39 votes
    12y

    @Ryan Harris

    Welcome to BP. You're going to find most everything you need to know on this site by participating in the forums. There's also a large volume of knowledge to be gained by listening to the podcast. Congrats and good luck!

  • Wholesaler · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Steve H. Definitely I'm listening to the podcast daily
  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 293 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    @Ryan Harris We live in the west end currently. I'm lining up things to by a SFR buy & hold or a multifamily/primary in 2014 hopefully in the old west end or north side area.

    What part of town is your focus area?

  • Michael BlankPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta GA · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 82 votes
    12y

    Hi https://www.biggerpockets.com/users/Ryanbuys804Rva3, welcome to BP. "Taking action" is key!

  • Wholesaler · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Jon Deavers I have been mailing to richmond city using their vacant buildings list mainly.. I target east end henrico some northside as well
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Ryan Harris Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts."

    See you around the site!

  • Wholesaler · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Brandon Turner thanks.. The podcast are great
  • Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    Ryan,

    Welcome to BP from a follower Richmonder! I buy/hold and do a few flips. Would love to stay in touch for any wholesale deals or any questions you may have. If you haven't already, you should join the local RING and RREIA meet up groups.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Ryan Harris welcome to BiggerPockets! Check out http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing -- this might help you in starting!

    See you around! 

    BiggerPockets
  • Wholesaler · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    11y
    Hi Patricia Bowler thanks for reaching out I know I'm responding really late. Let's exchange info and network
  • Investor · Frederick, MD · Member since 2012 · 160 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    Please let me know if you find any deals in the viriginia area--specifically Richmond (commercial) or residential richmond and due north and west.  I am seriously looking. 

  • Investor · Fairfax Station, VA · Member since 2014 · 95 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    Late responder as well...

    @Ryan Harris 

    I hope everything is going well.    Please add me to your list as well.  Currently looking in Henrico/Lakeside for single family deals.

    @Andre St.George 

    I'd love to hear of anything you find as well.  I've done a couple deals in the Virginia Beach area and am always keeping an eye on the area.

  • Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hello @Ryan Harris,

    I am a new member and I am interested in Wholesaling homes, I was wondering are you willing to be a coach?!

    “The circle of Real Estate “

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets, @Ryan Harris!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to help respond to your questions. Many members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate brokerage, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    There are some pretty cool discounts on various products and services offered as Perks to BP members that you might want to check out: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

    If you haven’t checked it out already, the Bigger Pockets blog features links to their awesome podcast and many great articles: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could start your search here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that might interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.