Real Estate Broker · Member since 2023 · 41 posts · 37 votes
Hello Everyone,
Should have joined BP years ago. This is an incredible resource for newbies and old timers alike. I'm a Texas broker since 2006 and have done a few hundred SFR deals. Was the Texas managing broker for a publicly traded REIT and ran their Texas acquisitions - primarily in North Texas (DFW). Been helping to build out private SFR portfolios for HNW families/individuals for many years in addition to that.
Really excited to be a part of this community and looking forward to adding any value I've got. There's so much to learn, so many avenues you can take, so many new things happening. It's an awesome time to be in real estate and I'm happy to be here.
Hit me up if you've got questions - there's a 10% chance I may know the answer if it's an easy question.
Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Hey Joel, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is for sure a great platform for networking. Start growing your network it will be beneficial in reaching your goals. Best of luck!
Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Hey Joel, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is for sure a great platform for networking. Start growing your network it will be beneficial in reaching your goals. Best of luck!
Real Estate Agent · Columbus · Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 8 votes
3y
Hey Joel!
This is such a great platform to network and learn about real estate! I am a Realtor that specializes in SFR deals as well, what is one tip you have for a Realtor that works with investors in such a unique time for Real Estate right now?
Hey Joel, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is for sure a great platform for networking. Start growing your network it will be beneficial in reaching your goals. Best of luck!
This is such a great platform to network and learn about real estate! I am a Realtor that specializes in SFR deals as well, what is one tip you have for a Realtor that works with investors in such a unique time for Real Estate right now?
Hi Emma! If I had one quick tip: learn construction/rehab/capex costs like the back of your hand. Most realtors lose deals or reputation by being too high or too low on rehab costs. It's a great edge if you can do it well.
Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
@Joel Broyles welcome to BP! I joined BP back in 2017 and have now worked with dozens of great clients and fellow investors by meeting them here. Welcome to the coolest "club" in real estate!