New Investor Flipping and Holding in Oregon

New Investor Flipping and Holding in Oregon

Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I've been on BiggerPockets for a few months now but have never properly introduced myself, as they say to do.

My name is Bryan from Bend, OR, and I've been investing now for around 3 years. I started looking for investments in Portland, OR while living and working there. The market had obviously tanked and the deals were plentiful, just not the funding. The amazing thing about real estate investing is that you can do it anywhere... So I moved back to Bend, OR, my playground, and bought my first investment here in 2011.

I'm consistently looking for ways to grow my company. I've gotten my feet wet in many different types of deals... This year I would like to do at least 6 flips and possibly hold one. I've mostly been a buy and hold investor for the last couple years, but since the inventory is scarce i feel that flipping is a good strategy right now. I'm closing on my first flip this Friday (1-17-14), and even though it is small time, I feel damn good about it. Interested wholesalers in Oregon and Washington, feel free to contact me about deals and funding.

2Reply
12 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 169 posts · 27 votes
    12y

    @Bryan Brashear Hey Bryan! I'm doing some flips, buy and holds, and property management in Portland this year as well. I have a great agent, some great resources for flipping, and have even started to come across deals that I'm turning down because I've got a full plate already. I'm also constantly building my construction contact database, looking for new JV partners and investors, and always open to entertain new investment ideas. Hit me up if you wanna compare notes, or get referrals.

  • Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thanks Corey! Great to hear from you... Went to my first Sheriffs sale today and am trying see if that strategy may work for me. It seems risky, and the payoffs may not be advantageous. We shall see. PM me about some of the deals that are overfilling your plate and maybe we can make something workout. Are you primarily purchasing your properties wholesale on on the MLS?

  • Michele FischerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to the site, Bryan! Bend is on my short list of weekend trips to take in the future.

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Bryan Brashear ! A good way to begin is to read the Bigger Pockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing as Josh and Brandon did a great job with it. Be sure to utilize BP for all it has to offer. It would be great to see you be an active member of the BP community. Also set up your Keywords Alerts for your local area such as "Bend" or "Portland" if you're looking to find potential opportunities for investing or other members in your area. You can also use the Find Members area to do the same. The Podcasts come out weekly and are another great way to learn on the move. If you appreciate a post that a fellow member put up responding to you be sure to show them you liked it by casting a vote for it.

    And lastly I highly recommend becoming a Pro or Plus member of the site to take advantage of all that BP has to offer you. Again welcome to Bigger Pockets!

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself @Bryan Brashear @Corey Davis

    It's always great to hear of another investor killing it in their local market. I'm glad you've been having some success and I hope the flip closed smoothly today!

    Looking forward to seeing you around the site.

  • Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2013 · 29 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Hi Bryan, thanks for posting. I live in Bend as well and I'm just beginning to learn about real estate investing. You may already know that there are a couple of REI clubs in central oregon. One in Bend and one in Redmond, they meet on the 2nd (redmond) and 4th (bend) thursdays of each month. Let me know if you want more info. It'd be great if you came.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Bryan Brashear thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts" to get into conversation in your target area.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Lake Oswego, OR · Member since 2013 · 29 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    @Bryan Brashear , welcome to Biggerpockets. I'm jealous that you live in Bend, especially if Bachelor would get just a little more snow sometime soon :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.