Hello! Property Manager here from the San Francisco Bay Area

15 Replies

Greetings,

I am excited to join the Bigger Pockets community. I am a property manager and owner of a property management company here in Richmond, a city in the SF East Bay Area. I am looking forward to networking with local property owners and investors, other property managers, or just anyone interested in talking Real Estate.

I started out as a teenager working for my father, who is an experienced Real Estate investor and owns a number of single family homes and apartment buildings here in the bay area. I started doing grunt work, such as prepping apartments before tenants moved in. I moved on to being a bookkeeper, then assistant manager, and finally senior property manager. After graduating from college and getting my Brokers license, I took over his entire real estate portfolio and expanded to offer services to others outside my family. So, I have seen every aspect of the business and feel extremely thankful to have a family who has let me "learn the ropes" from bottom to top.

What I most enjoy about property management is being able to change a property owners attitude about the business. With some owners having past negative experiences with other management companies, I pride myself in being prompt, professional, and always enthusiastic in a business that needs a breath of fresh air! As a young Real Estate broker (26 years old), I like to think there is a new wave of property managers taking over with a better level of technological expertise and business strategies that will help change the face of the business.

Although I am not a Real Estate investor myself (yet), I am always interested if the right deal comes my way.

Looking forward to being a member!

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

@Erik K, thanks so much for the welcome! When and where do these meet-ups occur? I'd be very interested in attending. I'll also try and reach out to @J Martin, sounds like he would be a great person to talk to about local Real Estate issues.

@Evan R, hello and nice to meet you. Thanks for the warm welcome as well. What I hope to get out of this community is to connect with some local investors and brokers, and learn as much information about investments as possible as I am always on the look out for an income property. In addition, I would enjoy talking with other property managers to see exactly what works for them. There are always scenarios in which a property manager hasn't encountered yet but some other manager has a story about how he solved it. Anything to increase my real estate IQ is a good thing, and from what I have seen this website is like the real estate bible.

I see you are from Oakland too. Are you an investor? How did you find your way here?

Welcome Andrew. There are a lot of super helpful people and great advice on this site! I’m a ‘fix and hold’ investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! A lot of others doing flips, wholesaling, notes, everything.. A few tips..

You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the ‘vote’ button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are ‘awards’ to earn on your profile. The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and most importantly, the BP members! Welcome to BP, and good luck on your investments!

@J Martin Thanks for the help, I was a bit confused about how to do that.

I see you are from Richmond as well. Small world, huh? I tried emailing you a while back before I was a member as I am trying to network with people around my area (I was a lurker before I joined). But we never seemed to touch base.

If you ever find a good income property in this area that I might be interested in investing in...or need some property managed, let me know.

Right now cash flow seems to be extremely difficult to find in most parts of the bay area.

Andrew, I apologize if I missed you before. I do invest in Richmond. And have a monthly meetup in Oakland. Add "east bay meetup" or some local cities to your keyword alerts, and come out to say hi to everyone. Next one in mid-late March tbd..

@J Martin Hey thanks for the quick reply, and no worries about the email. I may have entered it wrong or something. Anyways, looking forward to connecting with you in the future and hopefully see you at one of the meetings I have been hearing about.

@Andrew Fingado

Welcome to BP community! It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Read Beginner’s Guide http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing and check out BP Podcast.

Wishing you the best!

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to BP. Hope this site will help to make your pockets bigger. J is really knowledgeable on the lending/underwriting side of this business because he deals with it everyday.

As you already know, financing is crucial to the success of real estate investors. If I were you, I would pick J's brain until there's nothing left to pick.

Welcome aboard.

welcome @Andrew Fingado!

i'm a commercial property investor and invest in richmond. lets connect up some time ... i'd be interested in hearing your ideas on property management and i'd be happy to share mine on getting started with commercial.

cheer!

Promotion
Turo
Turo car sharing
Average $50K/yr with 5 cars
Join thousands of entrepreneurs who have started successful car sharing businesses on Turo.
Learn more

@Kevin Young Thanks so much for the welcome, and I would very much enjoy discussing business with you. Feel free to give me a call (my websites below with my contact info), or I will get in contact with you. Always nice to hear from local investors.

To everyone else, thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you