New to REI and looking for wisdom on my first house hack

New to REI and looking for wisdom on my first house hack

Kamari FosterBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Canton/Akron, OH · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 9 votes

Hi everybody my name is Kamari.

I live in Ohio and plan to buy my first house hack by the end of this year!

3-6 months after my first house hack I plan to look at other properties to invest into, preferably out of state or near colleges in OH.

I’ve always been intrigued with real estate and how someone can gain so much financial freedom and time with owning properties. I found myself studying Rich Dad Poor Dad and knew that real estate was the journey I was meant to be on. I came across a BP book that gave me clarity on what I knew to be true and now I am ready to begin my journey!

I look forward to connecting and growing relationships with hungry like-minded agents/investors that can give wisdom.

5Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Jeremy MelloulPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 83 posts · 83 votes
2y

Hey Kamari,

Welcome to BP and the exciting world of real estate investing! The book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" has transformed countless lives, including mine. BP has been equally impactful. Two years ago, I relocated from LA to Columbus, OH, drawn by the promising real estate market here. It has been a game-changer for my investment journey.

I'm here to help in any way I can, so feel free to reach out anytime. Hope to hear from you soon!

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Kamari! 

    This is a great place to learn and to connect with people so take advantage of all the great resources.

  • Gregory SchwartzBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · College Station, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    The advice I give to house hackers is a line directly from Nike, 'just do it'. Look at the existing inventory in you're area, find an investor agent who has experience with house hacking, pick the best option currently on the market that fits your budget and make the offer. 

    Good luck!

  • Min ZhangBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hi Kamari! Welcome to the community! When I started REI, BP platform has guided me, and three years after, I already have my own RE investments. I also live in Ohio. Would love to connect! Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything!

    1. Kamari FosterBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Agent · Canton/Akron, OH · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 9 votes
      2y
      Quote from @Julio Gonzalez:

      Welcome to BiggerPockets, Kamari! 

      This is a great place to learn and to connect with people so take advantage of all the great resources.


       I will certainly take advantage, thank you for the advice!

    2. Kamari FosterBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Agent · Canton/Akron, OH · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 9 votes
      2y
      Quote from @Gregory Schwartz:

      The advice I give to house hackers is a line directly from Nike, 'just do it'. Look at the existing inventory in you're area, find an investor agent who has experience with house hacking, pick the best option currently on the market that fits your budget and make the offer. 

      Good luck!

      I quote Nike too haha, I will definitely use your advice thank you!

    3. Kamari FosterBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Agent · Canton/Akron, OH · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 9 votes
      2y
      Quote from @Min Zhang:

      Hi Kamari! Welcome to the community! When I started REI, BP platform has guided me, and three years after, I already have my own RE investments. I also live in Ohio. Would love to connect! Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything!


         I will certainly reach out thank you!

      1. Jeremy MelloulPro Member
        Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 83 posts · 83 votes
        2y

        Hey Kamari,

        Welcome to BP and the exciting world of real estate investing! The book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" has transformed countless lives, including mine. BP has been equally impactful. Two years ago, I relocated from LA to Columbus, OH, drawn by the promising real estate market here. It has been a game-changer for my investment journey.

        I'm here to help in any way I can, so feel free to reach out anytime. Hope to hear from you soon!

      2. River SavaPro Member
        Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
        2y

        Welcome to BP, Kamari!

        House hacking is a great way to jump in. I wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. 

      3. Kamari FosterBusiness Member
        OP
        Real Estate Agent · Canton/Akron, OH · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 9 votes
        2y

        Thank you all!

      4. Remington LymanBusiness Member
        Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
        2y
        Quote from @Kamari Foster:

        Hi everybody my name is Kamari.

        I live in Ohio and plan to buy my first house hack by the end of this year!

        3-6 months after my first house hack I plan to look at other properties to invest into, preferably out of state or near colleges in OH.

        I’ve always been intrigued with real estate and how someone can gain so much financial freedom and time with owning properties. I found myself studying Rich Dad Poor Dad and knew that real estate was the journey I was meant to be on. I came across a BP book that gave me clarity on what I knew to be true and now I am ready to begin my journey!

        I look forward to connecting and growing relationships with hungry like-minded agents/investors that can give wisdom.


         Welcome to BP! I did my first house hack in Ohio in 2017. It is a great way to get started

      5. Wale LawalBusiness Member
        Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
        2y

        @Kamari Foster

        Welcome to the BiggerPockets!

        Start your first house hack by educating yourself, defining your criteria, and getting pre-approved for a loan. Work with a real estate agent, analyze potential deals, network with local investors, and expand your portfolio. Build a team with real estate agents, property managers, contractors, and attorneys. Explore financing options and learn from mistakes.

        Good luck!

      6. Kamari FosterBusiness Member
        OP
        Real Estate Agent · Canton/Akron, OH · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 9 votes
        2y
        Quote from @Wale Lawal:

        @Kamari Foster

        Welcome to the BiggerPockets!

        Start your first house hack by educating yourself, defining your criteria, and getting pre-approved for a loan. Work with a real estate agent, analyze potential deals, network with local investors, and expand your portfolio. Build a team with real estate agents, property managers, contractors, and attorneys. Explore financing options and learn from mistakes.

        Good luck!

        Thank you for the advice! 
        Would you recommend getting pre-approved first or getting a team good team first? 

      7. Wale LawalBusiness Member
        Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
        2y
        Quote from @Kamari Foster:
        Quote from @Wale Lawal:

        @Kamari Foster

        Welcome to the BiggerPockets!

        Start your first house hack by educating yourself, defining your criteria, and getting pre-approved for a loan. Work with a real estate agent, analyze potential deals, network with local investors, and expand your portfolio. Build a team with real estate agents, property managers, contractors, and attorneys. Explore financing options and learn from mistakes.

        Good luck!

        Thank you for the advice! 
        Would you recommend getting pre-approved first or getting a team good team first? 

        @Kamari Foster

         Get a great investor agent first and that agent will connect you with their rockstar investor-friendly lender. Send me a DM, I may be able to point you in the right direction.

        Thank you

      8. Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
        Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
        2y
        Quote from @Kamari Foster:

        Hi everybody my name is Kamari.

        I live in Ohio and plan to buy my first house hack by the end of this year!

        3-6 months after my first house hack I plan to look at other properties to invest into, preferably out of state or near colleges in OH.

        I’ve always been intrigued with real estate and how someone can gain so much financial freedom and time with owning properties. I found myself studying Rich Dad Poor Dad and knew that real estate was the journey I was meant to be on. I came across a BP book that gave me clarity on what I knew to be true and now I am ready to begin my journey!

        I look forward to connecting and growing relationships with hungry like-minded agents/investors that can give wisdom.

        Hi Kamari, I live in Columbus Ohio and I got started in real estate investing by buying my first house hack! It's the BEST way to get started especially because you get to learn about how to become a landlord, buy and renovate a property, manage contractors, and etc. I strongly recommend it especially if you're young and flexible with your living situation. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have

      9. Samuel DioufBusiness Member
        Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
        2y

        Hey Kamari,

        House-hacking is one of the best ways to get your foot in the door of investing. You’re able to learn the basics of a real estate investment with lower risk and build equity at the same time.

      Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.